There were ten people hospitalised to Bach Mai hospital due to diseased chicken consumption on February 1, said the deputy director of Hanoi Poisons Control Centre of the hospital Dr Pham Due.
The doctors said that chicken was kept too long in the fridge caused the bacteria infection. Also, four patients lost their consciousness owing to alcohol addiction.
At the Central Hospital for Children six child patients are in treatment for food poisoning and digestion disorder. The figure of the Ministry of Health shows 684 cases of food poisoning increasing 38% compared with the same period of 2005.
Notably, three deaths as a result of food poisoning though there has been any massive food poisoning reported nationwide since the beginning of 2006.