The Ministry of Health Vietnam in cooperation with the organisers, announced today the 35 finalists of the Asian Hospital Management Awards. The finalists were chosen out of 363 entries representing 89 hospitals from 12 countries. Winners will be awarded during the Gala Dinner and Awards Night at the Grand Ballroom, Melia Hotel, Hanoi, on September 14, 2012.
“We are very pleased with the transparency and professionalism of the process. There are 35 finalists from 24 hospitals in 9 Asian Countries. I am happy to have chaired one of the prestigious categories” said A/Prof Luong Ngoc Khue, MD, MPh, PhD., director of Department of Medical Service Administration, Ministry of Health, Vietnam.
The awards programme recognises and honors hospitals in Asia that carry out best practices. Now in its eleventh year, it is the accepted hospital management awards programme for the Asia Pacific region.
Awards are given to hospitals in the region that, in the opinion of the judges and advisers, have implemented or enhanced outstanding and innovative projects, programmes, and best practices during the previous year.
Medworxx provides Patient Flow solutions to harness concurrent clinical and operational perspectives to provide hospitals with visibility into root causes of inpatient waits, barriers and delays. Working in alignment, Medworxx and KM&T are able to leverage proven performance improvement methodologies driven by rich analytics that cascade from the front line to the Board level and the community.
Together, the companies support flow through critical transition points in the care continuum to help ensure appropriate levels of care, lengths of stay and clinically stable discharges. Please seewww.kmandt.com andwww.pf.medworxx.com.
The finalists of the 11TH Asian Hospital Management Awards are:
Category 1 (CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY (CSR) Project)
- Apollo Hospitals, New Delhi – “Apollo Community Outreach Programme”, India
- Fortis – Hoan My Sai Gon Premier Hospital – “Healing Heart for Poor Patients”, Vietnam
- Hinduja Hospital – “Serve with Passion: Hinduja Hospital Rural Health Programme”, India
- KPJ Selangor Specialist Hospital – “CSR – Our Contribution to Society”, Malaysia
- West China Hospital, Sichuan University – “Community-based Resource Centre for Earthquake Zone in Sichuan of China”, China
Category 2 (COST REDUCTION Project)
- Apollo Gleneagles Hospitals – “Increased Productivity through Reduction of Length of Stay”, India
- Asian Hospital and Medical centre – “Achieving Cost Reduction and Delivery of Savings through Paperless Post-Procedural Documentation System”, Philippines
- Princess Margaret Hospital – “Smart Use Antibiotics Programme in Princess Margaret Hospital. Where have we been…Where are we going?”, Hong Kong
Category 3 (HUMAN RESOURCE DEVELOPMENT Project)
- Asian Hospital and Medical centre – “Achieving Delivery of Excellent and Quality Rehabilitation Medicine Services through Development of Knowledge-Based Workers”, Philippines
- Kowloon East Cluster, Hospital Authority – “Staff Competency Programme in MHO Management”, Hong Kong
- Kwong Wah Hospital – “Build People First – A Strategic Professional Development Project Nurturing Evidence-based Practice Nurses in Kwong Wah Hospital & TWGHs Wong Tai Sin Hospital, Hong Kong”, Hong Kong
Category 4 (SERVICE IMPROVEMENT FOR INTERNAL CUSTOMERS Project)
- Bangkok Hospital Medical centre – “Tele-Interpretation Service”, Thailand
- Institute of Mental Health – “Promote improved integrated care through the reduction of patient rejection referrals to the Community Mental Health Services”, Singapore
- Kwong Wah Hospital & TWGHs Wong Tai Sin Hospital – “Implementation of ‘Health Staff and Happy People’ Programme”, Hong Kong
- Tan Tock Seng Hospital – “Revolution in Picking and Distribution Method – The TRI-CART System”, Singapore
Category 5 (MARKETING, PR OR PROMOTIONAL Project)
- Bangkok Phuket Hospital – “Comprehensive Mobile Check Up beside you”, Thailand
- Yashoda Hospitals – “Fight the Salt Monster”, India
- Wooridiul Spine Hospital – “Wooridul International Marketing Strategies”, Korea
Category 6 (PATIENT SAFETY Project)
- Apollo Gleneagles Hospitals – “Project ESCALATE (Eleven Strategies to Combat Antimicrobial Resistance Rate”, India
- Caritas Medical Centre – “Quality Improvement Programme for Control of Vancomycin Resistant Enterococcus in Caritas Medical Centre (CMC)”, Hong Kong
- KK Women’s and Children’s Hospital – “Enhance compliance with Preoperative verification, Site marking and Final Time-Out through Process Reengineering for Patient Safety”, Singapore
Category 7 (CLINICAL SERVICE IMPROVEMENT Project)
- National University Hospital – “Reducing Unscheduled 30 Day Readmissions For Heart Failure In NUH”, Singapore
- Princess Margaret Hospital – “EBP Project: Prevention of MRSA in PMH”, Hong Kong
- Singapore general Hospital – “Response time of Department of Emergency Medicine (DEM) code blue team reduced to less than 5 minutes”, Singapore
Category 8 (CUSTOMER SERVICE Project)
- Princess Margaret Hospital – “Hospital @Home: Virtual Ward in Princess Margaret Hospital”, Hong Kong
- Apollo Hospitals, New Delhi – “Improving Patient Satisfaction Levels”, India
Category 9 (BIO MEDICAL EQUIPMENT/ FACILITIES IMPROVEMENT Project)
- Changi general Hospital – “Experience enhancement through holistic facilities improvement”, Singapore
- Makati Medical Centre – “Improvement of Makati Medical centre Tower 1 Airconditioning Efficiency”, Philippines
- Princess Margaret Hospital – “Equipment safety in improving quality of patient care”, Hong Kong
- Queen Elisabeth Hospital – “Pioneering Robotic Gait Training Service in Hong Kong”, Hong Kong
- Queen Mary Hospital – “Nurse Led Programme in Building Trust and Partnership in the Management of Care with LVAD Patients”, Hong Kong
Category 10 (MOST IMPROVED LOCAL HOSPITAL)
- To be announced
Category 11 (GRAND AWARD)
- To be announced
HMA 2012 is organised by Exedra Events and presented in cooperation with the Ministry of Health Vietnam, Johns Hopkins Medicine International, Joint Commission International, the International Hospital Federation, the Asian Hospital Federation, Hong Kong Hospital Authority and a number of national associations and organisations across Asia.
The Awards Co-sponsors are KM&T and Medworxx.
Official Industry Partners are Austco Marketing, Det Norske Veritas Healthcare, Inc., Healthcare Intelligence Network and UBM Medica. Conference partners are ASTRON Hospital & Healthcare Consultants Private Limited, Association of Private Hospitals of Malaysia, Hoan My Medical Corporation, The HCM City Medical Association and The Medical Practitioner Society of HCM City, Indian Healthcare Quality Forum, Indonesian Hospital Association, National Accreditation Board for Hospitals & Healthcare Providers and Private Hospitals Association of the Philippines. HMA is also supported by Asian Hospital & Healthcare Management, Business World, Cambodian Business Review, Global Health Press, Medical Progress, Medical Tribune, MIMS and Vietnam Business Forum as Media Partners. PR Partners are ACN Newswire, Creative Crest (India), Integrated Public Relations (Malaysia), and Masso iPR (Vietnam).
For additional information on Hospital Management Asia, please visitwww.hospitalmanagementasia.com.Contact:
Marketing and Media Coordinator
Tel: +632 846 8339