* Hochiminh Stock Exchange (STC)-listed Long Hau Joint Stock Co (coded LHG) has recently announced to issue 200 billion dong of bonds within April to invest in Long Hau residential area project. As planned, the bonds will have term of three years with floating coupon rate and being adjusted yearly.
* The southern bourse-listed Vietnam Real Estate Investment Joint Stock Co (coded VNI) lately put into operation the Winlands Real Estate Exchange in Hanoi.
* Annual shareholders’ meeting of Saigon general Service Joint Stock Co (coded SVC) agreed a plan to issue bonds worth 500 billion dong under the book entry method. The five-year bonds at the face value of one billion dong per bond will be issued for banks, credit institutions and finance organisations.
* HCM City Investment Development and Foreign Trade Joint Stock Co (coded FDC) announced to close the list of shareholders for warrants of receiving 2009 dividend in shares at ratio of 10 percent. The ex-interest dates will be on April 26, 2010 and the registration deadline of April 28, 2010.
* Within the framework of international cooperation activities, from April 15-17, Tran Van Dung, general director of Hanoi Stock Exchange (HNX) participated in the general Assembly of the Asian and Oceanian Stock Exchanges Federation (AOSEF) in Bali, Indonesia. At the assembly, HNX was officially approved as the new member of AOSEF.
* Oman Investment Fun d (OIF) will buy 12.6 percent into the 1.6 trillion dong charter capital of PetroVietnam Insurance Joint Stock Corp (PVI) with the price of 40,000 dong per share. Total value of the transaction reached 808.3 billion dong or $42.4 million, according to a strategic partnership deal signed on April 15 between two sides.
* Traffic Work Investment and Development Joint Stock Co No 584 (Tecbis 584) submitted the application to list 36 million ordinary shares equalling to its charter capital of 360 billion dong on the southern bouse, Hochiminh Stock Exchange (STC) announced.
* Pan Pacific Joint Stock Co (HNX coded PAN) has approved the plan of moving the listing of its over 11.55 million shares from Hanoi Stock Exchange to Hochiminh Stock Exchnage (STC).
* Saigon Securities Inc (SSI) reported gaining over 450 billion dong in Q1 revenue, growing by 329 percent year-on-year.
* Till the end of Q1, PetroVietnam Technical Services Joint Stock Corp (coded PVS)’s revenue was 2.7 trillion dong and 150 billion dong of profit. Thanks to satisfactory business results, PVS also decided to raise 2009 dividend from 15 percent to 20 percent in cash to ensure the interest of shareholders, according to resolution of PVS’s annual shareholders’ meeting held on April 17 in HCM City.
* Petrolimex Gas Joint Stock Co (coded PGC) recently announced to organise annual shareholders’ meeting on April 28 to pass this year business plan.
* In its annual shareholders meeting held on April 17, 2010, Royal International Joint Stock Co (coded RIC) lately passed the plan to issue over 10 million shares to raise capital for construction project of the five-star Sheraton Ha Long Hotel that was officially started in June 2005.
* VNECO5 Electricity Construction Joint Stock Co (VNECO5) announced its 2010 business plan with total revenue of 39.5 billion dong, after tax profit of 2.45 billion dong and dividend of 15.5%.
* Shareholders of FPT Telecommunication Joint Stock Co (FPT Telecom) lately approved for 2009 dividend ratio of 65%. In details, the company would pay the rest dividend in shares at ratio of 40% for existing shareholders. Previously, FPT Telecom’s shareholders had already received advanced dividend in cash of 2,500 dong per share, being paid twice last year.
* STC-listed PetroVietnam Fertiliser and Chemical Joint Stock Co (coded DPM) estimated to achieve Q1 pre-tax profit of 400 billion dong. The company recently held its annual shareholders meeting on April 16, 2010, in which the shareholders already passed most of the proposals submitted in the meeting.
* Dien Quang Lamp Joint Stock Co (coded DQC) released the combined business results in the first quarter of 2010, in which the company reported gaining total revenue in Jan-March of 96.15 billion dong, increasing by 40.12 percent year-on-year.
* PetroVietnam Construction Joint Stock Corp (PVC) on April 13 signed a 500 billion dong contract with Kinh Bac Petroleum Installation and Construction Joint Stock Co (PVC-KB), Petroleum Machine Executing one-member Ltd Co (PVC-ME), Vinaconex-PVC Construction Investment Joint Stock Co (Vinaconex-PVC) and Hai Phong Equipment Manufacturing and Shipbuilding Co (Lisemco) for Dinh Vu-Hai Phong Polyester fibre factory.
* Bitexco Group recently announced major partners in Bitexco Financial Tower project. Accordingly, there were eight partners in four countries, including Carlos Zapata, AREP Co, Hyundai E&C, Turner International Co, Lera Co, Otis Co, Eagon Co, Colliers International and CBRE.
* Vinaconex Construction Joint Stock Co No 2 (Vinaconex 2 – coded VC2) announced the company expected to earn revenue and profit mainly from conducting those signed construction contracts with estimated value of 1.4 trillion dong.
* Shareholders of Dong A Plastic Group Joint Stock Co (coded DAG) lately approved the 2010 business plan with expected revenue of 256 billion dong, after tax profit of 18.643 billion dong. In addition, the company planned to issue 2.5 million shares in order to increase chartered capital from 100 billion dong to 125 billion dong in 2010.
* Bien Hoa Sugar Joint Stock Co held its annual shareholders meeting on April 16, in which the shareholders approved the company’s business plan of earning 1.539 trillion dong of total revenue and 77.187 billion dong of pre-tax profit in 2010.
* Thuan An Wood Processing Joint Stock Co (coded GTA) estimated to gain 3.4 billion dong of pre-tax profit in the first three months of 2010. This year, the company planned to reach export turnover of $10 million dong. Up to now, GTA has already signed export contracts with value equal to 85 percent of the year plan.
* Licogi 13 Joint Stock Co will officially start listing six million shares on Hanoi Stock Exchange (HNX) under the code of LIG on April 22, 2010.
* SME Securities Joint Stock Co (SMES-coded SME) has recently reported gaining 10 billion dong of after tax profit in March, bringing the total figure in Jan-March to 10.5 billion dong. The broker’s revenue from securities activities in March reached over 15 billion dong, three fold increase against previous month.
* Hanoi Power Corp, former Hanoi Power Co, officially made its debut as a member of Electricity of Vietnam (EVN) on April 17
* PV Drilling and Well Service Joint Stock Corp (STC coded PVD) on April 17 oragnised the annual shareholder meeting at Rex Hotel to pass the plan of issuing 1.5 trillion dong of bonds for new drilling rigs and other projects. Notably, PV Drilling raised 2010 profit target from 700 to 810 billion dong.
* Cholimex Food Joint Stock Co announced to reach total revenue of 390 billion dong, and pre-tax profit of 27 billion dong in 2010, increasing by 33.9% and 11.5% respectively year on year.
* Electricity of Vietnam (EVN) has recently announced that the group is speeding up the preparation to start work on four power projects with total estimated capacity of 2,760 MW in 2011.
* PetroVietnam Technical Services Corporation, or PTSC, has signed two contracts worth a combined $35 million to supply a multi-functional DP2 Platform Supply Vessel and a “braided line” service for Talisman Malaysia Co Ltd. PTSC earlier won contracts to provide Talisman with a floating storage and offloading vessel, two service vessels and a multi-functional service vessel among others.
* Ban Ve Construction Co has broken ground for the Nam Mo hydropower plant project in Nghe An Province with capacity of 18 megawatts. The 470-billion project is expected to provide 65 million kilowatt hours per year.
* Cuu Long Export & Import Joint Stock Co and Vinh Long Foods Corp have announced to boost unhusked rice purchases to serve export and ensure profits for farmers. Rice prices in the province remain high at 4,000-5,000 dong per kilo.
* Saigon Beer-Alcohol-Beverage Joint Stock Co has expanded the Saigon-Ninh Thuan brewery project in Ninh Thuan Province with an investment of nearly 680 billion dong. The project is expected to turn out 50 million litres of beer and contribute 170 billion dong to the local budget each year.
* Saigon Thuong Tin Commercial Joint Stock Bank (Sacombank-STB) has recently announced that from April 14 the bank officially applied new deposit rate benchmark of dong through its network. Accordingly, the dong deposit rate will be raised by 0.25-1.14 percent per year for 1-36 month terms to 11.58 percent/year.
* Ending the first quarter this year, Military Commercial Joint Stock Bank (MB) reported fulfilling 30 percent of this year’s profit target, reaching 516 billion dong. The bank’s total deposits increased 12 percent and total outstanding loans up 9 percent against the end of 2009.
* From April 15, 2010, Saigon Commercial Joint Stock Bank (SCB) officially launched new savings programme of “tat ca trong mot” or all in one. The programme was designed for all the individual and corporate customers depositing their savings in dong with terms of one week, two weeks, three weeks and over one month.
* Orient Commercial Joint Stock Bank (OCB) officially adjusted to increase the deposit rates in dong by 0.4 percent-1.001 percent per year, starting from April 16, 2010, in which the highest interest rates for deposit terms of 3-36 months was posted at 11.5 percent per year.
* Saigon Hanoi Commercial JS Bank (SHB) has lately announced the Q1 business performance with total deposits (from residents and institutions) of over 15.478 trillion dong, total outstanding loans of nearly 13.462 trillion dong, rising by 4.94 percent compared with the same period of 2009.
* From now up to May 30, 2010, Vietnam Commercial Joint Stock Bank for Foreign Trade (Vietcombank – coded VCB) will issue the Connect24 cards free of charge for all the individual customers at every branch and transaction office nationwide.
* The non-life insurer Liberty Vietnam has doubled its chartered capital from $20 million to $40 million to boost information technology applications and expand customer service network.
* Vietnam International Commercial Bank has launched the VIB4U service to help customers book AirAsia air tickets online via the payment portal of VNDebitOnline.