* During the fist quarter this year, Ha Do Joint Stock Co (coded HDG) reported gaining 130.26 billion dong of revenue, a two fold increase against last Q1.
* The northern bourse-listed Agribank Securities Joint Stock Co (coded AGR) announced to get approval from State Securities Commission (SSC) for offering 80 million shares for existing shareholders.
* Saigon-Hanoi Securities Joint Stock Co (coded SHS) has released the Q1 financial reports. In details, the company’s total revenue in Jan-March was posted at 32.77 billion dong, nearly threes times higher than the same period of last year, in which revenue from brokerage services counted for 3.45 billion dong, self-trading revenue of 16 billion dong and other revenue of 12.15 billion dong.
* Cuu Long Pharmaceutical Joint Stock Co (coded DCL)’s shareholders meeting recently approved for allocating bonus shares for existing shareholders with ratio of 1:1 from capital surplus source in order to increase chartered capital to 198.27 billion dong from over 99 billion dong.
* The southern bourse-listed Hanoi Maritime Joint Stock Co (coded MHC) announced its business results in the first three months of this year with a loss of over 49.53 billion dong. In details, the company reported gaining Q1 revenue of 5.61 billion dong and a loss after tax of over 49.53 billion dong.
* Hoc Mon Trading Joint Stock Co (Hotraco) and Khanh Hoi Import-Export Joint Stock Co (Khahomex) cooperated to carry out the construction project of Hoc Mon trade centre and residential quarter. The ground breaking ceremony was expected to be held at 8:30 on April 27, 2010 in My Hoa 4 Hamlet, Xuan Thoi Dong Commnue, Hoc Mon Dist, HCM City.
* Vietnam Dairy Products Joint Stock Co (Vinamilk – coded VNM) reported earning total revenue of 3.304 trillion dong in the first quarter of this year, after tax profit of 817.62 billion dong, a-year-on-year increase of 56.7 percent and 66.8 percent respectively. The company’s EPS was posted at 2,319 dong
* The southern bourse-listed Kinh Bac Urban Development Joint Stock Corp (coded KBC) lately announced gaining Q1 total revenue of 564 billion dong, increasing by 297 percent year-on-year, and after tax profit of 261.55 billion dong, compared to negative 59.9 billion dong of the same period of last year.
* HNX-listed Can Tho Cement Joint Stock Co (coded CCM) has recently signed a contract with Cao Son Lam private firm to establish Soklu 7 Minerals Joint Stock Co to exploit Pouzoland stone and construction stone in Quang Trung commune, Thong Nhat Dist, in the southern province of Dong Nai.
* Annuals shareholders’ meeting of Vietnam National Oil and Gas Group (PetroVietnam)’s Drilling Mud Joint Stock Corp (coded DMC) recently agreed this year business plan with 640.6 billion dong of total combined revenue.
* State Bank of Vietnam (SBV) on April 22 approved Bank for Investment and Development of Vietnam (Bidv) to issue long term valuable papers in 2010 with total value of 10 trillion dong including seven trillion dong in dong and three trillion dong in US dollar.
* VinaCapital-run Vietnam Opportunity Investment Fund Ltd (VOF) has recently announced its investment of over $10 million in prime Group, according to Thoi Bao Kinh Te Vietnam (Vietnam Economic Times).
* Southern bourse-listed Vietnam Commercial Joint Stock Bank for Foreign Trade (Vietcombank-VCB) has recently released fiscal report in Q1 with over 1.112 trillion dong of after tax profit, increasing nearly 60 billion dong against the same period last year.
* State Bank of Vietnam (SBV) lately issued document No 2978/NHNN-TD to assign Vietnam Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (Agribank) to offer loans for coffee purchasers for stockpiling purposes in 2009-2010 crop.
* PetroVietnam Finance Joint Stock Corp (coded PVF) lately released the business reports for the first three months of this year. In details, the total Q1 revenue was estimated at 757.41 billion dong, increasing by 43.67 percent year-on-year. However, PVF’s business costs surged sharply to 938.7 billion dong, causing a loss of 181.3 billion dong, compared to 102.4 billion dong of profit of the same period of last year.
* Nam A Commercial Joint Stock Bank (NamA Bank) will raise over 747 billion dong from selling 74.7 million shares to the existing shareholders at a ratio 100:59.6 (596 new shares for 1,000 old shares).
* After selling a high volume of BHS coded shares in March, Saigon Thuong Tin Commercial Joint Stock Bank (Sacombank) lately registered to buy back 816,000 BHS coded shares to increase its holding ratio in Bien Hoa Sugar Joint Stock Co.