* Viettranimex Securities Joint Stock Co announced the results of transferring over 10 percent of the company’s chartered capital from the founding members of Lien Viet Commercial Joint Stock Bank and Him Lan JSC.
* Thanh Cong Trade Investment Garment and Textile Joint Stock Co (coded TCM) announced about the share transferring results of the internal shareholders of E.Land Vietnam.
* The northern bourse-listed Hai Phong Cement Packaging Joint Stock Co (coded BXH) announced March 11 would be the registration deadline to close the shareholders list in order to pay 2009 dividend in cash at ratio of 12 percent and to hold annual shareholders meeting in 2010.
* Phu Nhuan Jewellery Joint Stock Co (coded PNJ) registered to purchase 2.1 million SFC coded shares or 26 percent of charter capital of Saigon Fuel JSC (coded SFC) with the price of 48,000 dong per share.
* Vietnam Securities Depository Centre (VSD) has recently announced that March 9 will be the ex-interest date to receive 7 percent cash dividend for the for the second phase of 2009 of Hochiminh Stock Exchange (STC)-listed Tay Nguyen Electricity Investment Joint Stock Co (coded TIC).
* During the year 2009, Habubank Securities Joint Stock Co (HBBS) reported gaining 169.3 billion dong revenue, up 61.6 billion dong or 57.2 percent against 2008′s figure.
* Hanoi Stock Exchange (HNX) has recently announced that Song Da 207 Joint Stock Co (coded SDB) will officially list and trade 5.5 million shares worth 55 billion dong on the northern bourse from March 10.
* The Southern Logistics Joint Stock Co (Sotrans), one of the leading transportation and forwarding firms in Vietnam had debut session and officially listed shares on Hochiminh Stock Exchange (STC) yesterday March 2, 2010. It’s the 236th member listing shares on STC so far. During the first trading session on southern bourse, Sotrans’ shares under the code of STG were matched orders at ceiling price of 24,000 dong per share.
* PetroVietnam Financial Joint Stock Corp (coded PVF) reported to purchase 2,619,780 shares among 3 million registered shares. After the transaction, PVF raised the holdings of DMP-coded shares from 3,677,380 units to 6,297,160 units.
* Viet Dragon Securities Joint Stock Co (VDSC) has announced the 2009 audited fiscal report with total pre-tax profit of 54.2 billion dong, 30 percent of revenue from brokerage, 60 percent from self-trading and the remainder from financial investment and consulting, and other profits.
* Pan Pacific JSC (coded PAN) announced March 18 will be the registration deadline to close the shareholders list for assigning the share purchase warrant. The ex-interest date is March 16, 2010.
* Ocean Securities Joint Stock Co (OCS) announced 2009 business results, in which revenue from trading stocks in 2009 was posted at 207.387 billion dong and net profit of 29.488 billion dong. The company’s after tax profit in 2009 reached 24.418 billion dong, an increase of 3,194 percent against the same period of the previous year.
* Hoang Mai Cement Joint Stock Co (coded HOM)’s director board has recently passed some business targets for 2010 with an output of 1.875 million tonnes of cement, 1.625 trillion dong of total revenue, 165 billion dong of total pre tax profit and 13 percent dividend.
* Vietnam Industry and Commerce Securities Joint Stock Co (VICS) announced to gain 52.775 billion dong of revenue from securities trading activities in 2009, up 125.96 percent year-on-year. The company’s net profit was posted at 21.424 billion dong while its 2009 after tax profit of 17.713 billion dong.
* Sao Mai Construction Corp (ASM) has asked the Hochiminh Stock Exchange for approval to delay its financial report for the fourth quarter last year until March 15.
* The l55 billion dong Thien Long Group Co will list its TLG shares on the Hochiminh Stock Exchange with the referenced price of 38,000 dong per share.
* Deutsche Asset Management (Asia) Limited has sold 106,200 shares of Southern Seeds Co (SSC) to decrease its ownership from 11.62 percent to 10.55 percent.
* The 106.6 billion-dong House Vietnam Joint Stock Company has got approval from the Hochiminh Stock Exchange to trade its NVN shares.
* The Hanoi Stock Exchange has allowed Tasco Co (HUT) to trade eight million additional shares to increase its total floated shares on the northern bourse to 13.5 million shares.
* The State Securities Commission has allowed DIC Investment and Trading Joint Stock Company to issue 4.3 million shares, including 3.28 million shares to existing shareholders and 820,000 shares to strategic partners.
* Ministry of Construction lately estimated that the whole country’s cement demands would stay at 50-51.5 million tonnes in 2010, an increase of 11 percent year-on-year. The ministry has recently guided its members to plan for cement production and consumption volume for the whole year such as Vietnam Cement Industry Corp of 18-18.5 million tonnes, joint ventures of 15-15.5 million tonnes and local, small cement plants of 17-17.5 million tonnes.
* Dat Xanh Real Estate Construction and Services Joint Stock Co (coded DXG) announced that it would to start selling the first phase of Green Valley project on March 14 at the company’s head office, branches and member companies.
* Ending the year 2009, Cement Finance Joint Stock Co (CFC) gained nearly 73.1 billion dong of pre tax profit, or 196 percent of last year’s plan and increasing 49 billion dong against 2008′s figure. Till the end of 2009, CFC posted 3.354 trillion dong of total assets, fulfilling the year’s budget plan and increasing over two trillion dong against 2008′s figure.
* Vietnam Dairy Products Joint Stock Co (Vinamilk – coded VNM) announced that the company was expected to achieve 2010 revenue growth rate of 30 percent. This year, the company would concentrate on dairy products, yoghurt, and fresh milk in order to expand the foreign markets for its products in the US, India, Middle East, Poland, Germany and Cambodia.
* Huu Lien Asia Joint Stock Co (coded HLA) reported gaining Q4 net revenue of 673.65 billion dong. After deducting the principal price, the company earned combined profit of 34 billion dong. Due to large financial costs of 45.44 billion dong and management cost of 12.7 billion dong, HLA reported loss of 17.22 billion dong from business operation activities. However, because the company had other profit of 15.44 billion dong, the Q4 after tax loss was reduced to 1.27 billion dong.
* The northern bourse-listed Bim Son Cement Joint Stock Co (coded BCC) yesterday officially put into operation its new production line with designed capacity of 2 million tonnes of cement per year.
* During the first month this year, Vietnam-Germany Steel Pipe Joint Stock Co (coded VGS) reported satisfactory business results with fulfilling 10 percent of the year’s revenue plan and 7 percent of the year’s profit target.
* In 2010, FPT Joint Stock Co targets to reach after tax profit growth of at least 20 percent against 2009′s figure, according to Phan Duc Trung, FPT’s deputy general director. At present, FPT has prepared investment capital sources for 2010 and successfully issued 1.8 trillion dong of bonds for 2009.
* Vietnam National Vegetables, Fruits and Agricultural Products Corp (Vegetexco Vietnam) targets to reach 4.5 trillion dong in revenue in 2010, an increase of 11.2 percent against 2009. Vegetexco plans to raise export value by 20 percent to $24 million this year.
* France’s Jaccar Group inked a deal to acquire a 30 percent stake of MyLan Chemicals Inc in Tra Vinh Province on Saturday. The financial giant will provide $12 million for My Lan to build a second chemical factory, an optoelectronics factory and to develop its 3D printing business.
* Ben Kien Shipbuilding Industry Co has begun building two cement carriers for Norway’s KGJS CEMENT A/S ship owner in the northern city of Hai Phong. The two sides have signed an agreement to build four cement carries.
* FGAS One Member Co Ltd has been approved by Hai Phong Economic Zone Management Board to build a $12 million LPG (liquefied petroleum gas) depot in the petrochemical area of Dinh Vu Industrial Zone.
* Sacombank (coded STB) this year plans to reach 2.4 trillion dong in pre-tax profit, a year-on-year rise of 26 percent, 80 trillion dong in total outstanding loans, up 45 percent and total deposits of over 129 trillion dong, surging 50 percent against 2009.
* ANZ Bank yesterday March 2 announced its new business strategy that focuses on development in each region in order to speed up the bank’s process of becoming the leading foreign bank in markets of Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia.
* Lien Viet Commercial Joint Stock Bank (LienVietBank) and the Coal-Mineral Financial MTV Co Ltd officially signed the comprehensive cooperation agreement on March 3, 2010, that would help pave the path for a series of cooperation activities in the field of capital sources, investment, credit, monetary and finance, as well as banking development.
* HSBC Bank (Vietnam) has lately cooperated with Asia MilesTM to introduce new promotion programme of “Van dam nam chau” for customers of HSBC’s credit card owners.
* From now up to March 31, 2010, Vietnam International Bank (VIB) cooperated with Ford Vietnam Automobile Co to conduct a promotion programme for the Ford’s car purchasers.
* HCM City People’s Committee yesterday asked Ministry of Finance’s approval on Phu My Bridge B.O.T Joint Stock Co to issue government assumed international bonds for bridge construction projects.
* AlA (Vietnam) Life Insurance Co Ltd and Vietnam Post Corporation have signed a premium collection agreement under which AlA customers can pay insurance premiums at any local post offices. The service starts this month.
* Vietnam Development Bank has announced that it will launch a government-guaranteed bond issue this year.
* Vietnam Bank for Industry and Trade has been allowed by the State Bank of Vietnam to open a branch in the Mekong Delta province of Hau Giang.
* Bao Viet Commercial Bank has issued a local debit card called BVLink and a pre-paid card named BVPurse. BVLink allows customers to withdraw money at about 6,000 ATMs nationwide of Smartlink card network, of which Bao Viet Bank is a member. The bank plans to provide pre-paid BVPurse cards to supermarkets or retail chains to create conveniences for shoppers.
* Asia Commercial Bank has announced March 4 as the ex-dividend date for shareholders to receive 2009 second-round dividend of 15 percent in cash. Asia Commercial Bank have opened a transaction office in Vung Tau City. The office can receive deposits, give loans, and provide payment and money transfer services among others.