* Vinaconex ITC Joint Stock Co has lately officially posted 30 million shares on Hanoi Stock Exchange (HNX) under the share code of VCR. In the debut session, the VCR shares were traded at average price of 37,500 dong per share.
* Khanh Hoa Power Joint Stock Co (coded KHP) announced that May 20 would be the registration deadline to close the shareholders list for paying the second phase-2009 dividend in cash.
* Hanoi Stock Exchange (HNX) announced on May 10, 2010 to receive the application profile for listing 5.89 million shares of South Hanoi Housing and Urban Investment and Development Corp.
* The Central Region Electrical Mechanical Joint Stock Co (coded CJC) planned to reach 2010 revenue of 350 billion dong, profit of 14 billion dong and dividend at 27 percent.
* Power Construction Consulting Joint Stock Co No 3 (coded TV3) announced to prepare application profile for submitting to the State Securities Commission (SSC) for raising chartered capital from 29.4 billion dong to 33.81 billion dong.
* Tran Thien Ha, general director of An Phat Securities Joint Stock Co (coded APG) announced that the company planned to achieve Q2 pre-tax profit of 15 billion dong, raising the total profit in the first half of this year to about 20 billion dong, compared to the year plan of 37 billion dong.
* Tasco Joint Stock Co (coded HUT) decided to issue 200,000 odd convertible bonds worth total 200 billion dong on par with the periodic coupon rate of 8 percent pa. The conversion price of these one-year bonds is 28,860 dong per share.
* PMU of industrial zones in the southern province of Ben Tre has recently granted investment licence for Phuong Dong (Oriental) Trading and Production Joint Stock Co (a joint venture between Vietnam and Thailand) to invest in industrial plastic packaging production project.
* The Hochiminh Stock Exchange (STC)-listed Vietnam Sea Transport and Chartering Joint Stock Co (coded VST) has invested in purchasing dried goods cargo with loading capacity of 28,666 dwt, made in Japan in 1998.
* Saigon Cable Joint Stock Co (coded CSG) has announced the April business reports with gained revenue of over 66.5 billion dong, and profit of 4.6 billion dong.
* Hanoi Stock Exchange (HNX) announced that two companies in Song Da Group of Song Da 11 Joint Stock Co (coded SJE) and Song Da 19 Joint Stock Co (coded SJM) lately released business reports in Q1 of 2010.
* The southern bourse-listed Binh Duong Trading and Development Joint Stock Co (coded TDC) released its 2010 business plan with expected revenue of 899.49 billion dong, after tax profit of 75.23 billion dong, EPS of 3,761 dong and dividend at 20-25 percent.
* Dana Italy Steel Joint Stock Co (coded DNY) officially started listing 15 million shares on the Hanoi Stock Exchange, marking the 16th steel enterprise to trade shares on the market. After the debut session, there were 189,900 shares being transferred with average share price of 54,800 dong per share.
* Ha Long Cement Joint Stock Co officially opened and put into operation the Ha Long cement plant with designed capacity of 2.1 million tonnes per year in Thong Nhat Commune, Hoanh Bo Dist, Quang Ninh province on May 12, 2010.
* Maersk Line, the world’s largest shipping container line, yesterday officially launched the new direct service route of TP6, the container shipping from southern Vietnam to the west coast of the US, or from SP-PSA International Terminal in Vung Tau City to Los Angeles Port.
* Vietnam Post and Telecommunication Group (VNPT) signed a contract for the launching the second telecommunication satellite of VINASAT 2 with the US firm Lockheed Martin Commercial Space Systems Corp yesterday May 11 in Hanoi.
* Hoang Anh Gia Lai Group Joint Stock Co (HAGL-HAG) on May 11 started construction on building 200-bed hospital and announced its plan of building administrative centre in Laos’s Attapu district and other projects.
* Duc Long Gia Lai Power Development and Investment Joint Stock Co, a subsidiary of Duc Long Gia Lai Group (DLG), on May 10 got approval from People’s Committee of central highland province of Gia Lai to invest in building Dak Sepay hydropower plant in So Pai commune, Kbang Dist, Gia Lai province.
* Bank for Investment and Development of Vietnam (Bidv) on May 11 signed a contract with three financial institutions including Vietnam Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (Agribank), Dai A Commercial Joint Stock Bank (DaiABank) and Southeast Asia Commercial Joint Stock Bank (SeABank) to arrange credit for rural financial project III.
* An Binh Commercial Joint Stock Bank (ABBank) today May 12 is to inaugurate two more transaction offices in Hanoi’s Ha Dong Dist, bringing the bank’s network to 93 sites including 15 branches, 77 transaction offices and one saving fund.
* HSBC Vietnam on May 11 launched bi-currency saving product, a combination between two foreign currencies, whereby depositors will be able to earn more profit than traditional foreign currency saving products.
* Mekong Development Commercial Joint Stock Bank (MDB) planned to raise chartered capital to three trillion dong and open 20 new transaction offices in 2010.