* Sieu Thanh Joint Stock Co (coded ST8) has recently announced to pay 10 percent dividend in cash for the third phase of 2009 (shareholders holding one share will receive 1,000 dong).
* An Phat Plastic and Green Environment Joint Stock Co’s director board recently agreed to pay 10 percent dividend in cash for the year 2009, equalling to 1,000 dong per share.
* Song Da Urban & Industrial Zone Investment and Development Joint Stock Co (Sudico – coded SJS) has recently signed a contract with Housing Development and Investment Construction and Trade Joint Stock Co to repurchase 60 percent stake into Thang Long Real Estate Investment and Trade Joint Stock Co (Thang Long-ITC).
* Asia-Pacific Securities Joint Stock Co (Apec-coded APS) on May 25 officially got the approval from the State Securities Commission (SSC) to provide online transactions to investors.
* The UPCoM-listed Nha Be Steel Joint Stock Co (coded TNB) announced that June 2 would be ex-dividend session for the company’s shareholders to receive 2009 dividend, and June 6 of registration deadline to close the shareholders list.
* Que Huong Liberty Joint Stock Co lately announced to issue 1.19 million convertible bonds for shareholders at par value of 100,000 dong per bond.
* Annual shareholders’ meeting of HNX-listed Sara Vietnam Joint Stock Co (coded SRA) recently passed this year’s business and production plan with 4.7 billion dong of pre tax profit. At the same time, the company will focus on two sectors of real estate and information technology that are considered the company’s strengths.
* Phan Minh Tuan, head of EVN renewable energy and nuclear power project’s investment board said that bonds might be issued for carrying out construction project of the first nuclear power plant in Vietnam. He revealed the information on the occasion of participating the international exhibition on nuclear power held on May 27 and 28.
* FPT Group lately introduced its FPT Technology Research Institute on May 25, 2010. On this occasion, representative of FPT Aerospace Research Department (FSpace) said that his group was researching, making, and carrying out trial operation of F-1 satellite. The satellite carries several low-resolution cameras to take photos of the earth, along with measuring the temperature and magnetic sensors to study the space environment.
* Hoang Viet Trung, vice director of Vneco Steel Structure Manufacturing Joint Stock Co (coded SSM) announced that the company was completing the profile applying for increasing chartered capital from current 29 billion dong to 50 billion dong via issuing additional shares in July 2010.
* Ninh Van Bay Tourism and Real Estate Joint Stock Co (Ninh Van Bay – coded NVT) announced that the company may reach pre-tax profit of 75 billion dong in the first six months of this year, mostly from selling villas in Six Senses Saigon River resort complex in Nhon Trach Dist, Dong Nai province and from tourism services in Six Senses Ninh Van Bay resort complex in Nha Trang province.
* PetroVietnam Drilling and Well Services Corp (PV Drilling) has reported business results during the first five months this year with 2.4 trillion dong of revenue and 280 billion dong of after tax profit thanks to two drilling rigs Topaz Driller and Offshore Resolute.
* Hochiminh Stock Exchange (STC)-listed FPT Joint Stock Co (through FPT Capital Investment Fund Management Co) and Mekong Capital will hold 25 percent and 14 percent stake respectively into Vietnam-Australia International School Joint Stock Co under the strategic cooperation agreements signed on May 27.
* HNX-listed Phuc Hung Construction Investment and Export Import Joint Stock Co (Constrexim-coded PHC) has announced establishing its subsidiary with an initial chartered capital of 10 billion dong.
* Representative of Russia-based TellOil Group, main investor of Vung Ro Oil Refinery project revealed yesterday that at present, the company has pushed up designing works, and contractor selection in order to officially kick off the project in 2011.
* Do Trong Quynh, deneral director of Vietnam Construction Joint Stock Co No 2 (Vinaconex 2 – coded VC2) announced lately that the company has already finished working out plan for ground clearance of Kim Van-Kim Lu new urban area project to start construction in late 2010.
* Hipt Group Joint Stock Co (UPCoM-listed HIG) has lately announced the business report in the first three months of this year, with total net revenue from sales and services of 88.14 billion dong and after tax profit of 4.31 billion dong.
* Japan International Cooperation Agency (Jica) yesterday signed detailed agreements with Vietnamese government relating to ODA loans of $200 million dong for two projects in HCM City.
* deputy prime minister, Hoang Trung Hai, recently approved in principle southern bourse-listed Hoa Phat Group Joint Stock Co (coded HPG) to invest in iron ore project in 2010 and orientation till 2020 in communes of Minh An and Nghia Tam and Thuong Bang La, in Van Chan dist, in the northern province of Yen Bai.
* Southern bourse-listed Kinh Bac Urban Development Corp (coded KBC) has recently officially received investment certificate from PMU of industrial zones in the northern province of Bac Ninh to invest in Nam Son-Hap Linh Industrial Zone.
* Binh Thuan province has finished the wind power development plan for 2010-2015 and vision to 2030 and submitted it to the Ministry of Industry and Trade’s Energy Department for appraisal. Accordingly, the province’s wind power potential is estimated at total 5,000MW.
* Ministry of Industry and Trade’s Trade Information Centre reported that the rubber price has continuously increased from $1,470 per tonne in last June to $2,190 per tonne in December 2009 and averaged at $2,600 per tonne during the first quarter of this year.
* From now up to August 30, 2010, First Commercial Joint Stock Bank (Ficombank) will offer support for customers who use the bank’s overseas bank transfer services. In details, the bank reduces 50 percent of the bank charge (but not less than the minimum requirement) for all the customers who would like to transfer money overseas.
* Saigon Hanoi Commercial Joint Stock Bank (SHB) has lately launched the new services of inter-banking transfer in the bank’s e-banking network. In details, SHB’s account holders who registered to use e-banking services can use the new service for bank transfer activities to all the banks in Vietnam at the lowest charges from 6,000 dong per transaction (VAT exclusive) without having to go to the bank.