* Ca Mau Trading Joint Stock Co (TMCM) announced December 31 would be the registration deadline to close the list of shareholders for allocating bonus shares for existing shareholders at ratio of 10:1. The total share volume that TMCM has issued were 1,050,000 shares, in which 700,000 shares were allocated to the existing shareholders and the rest would be issued for the company’s current employees at offered price of 15,000 dong per share.
* Ho Chi Minh Stock Exchange (STC) has lately approved for An Giang province-based Sao Mai Investment and Construction Joint Stock Co (Saomai Conscorp) for listing 9,912,600 shares on the southern bourse under the share code of ASM.
* Vietnam Construction & Import-Export Joint Stock Co No 34 (Vinaconex 34) has approved for listing shares on Hanoi Stock Exchange (HNX) in its latest shareholders meeting. In details, Vinaconex 34 registered for listing 2 million shares at offered price of 10,000 dong per share in Q3 of 2010.
* Becamex Urban Development Joint Stock Co (Becamex UDJ) has announced to close the list of shareholders for advancing 2009 dividend. In details, January 8, 2010 would be the registration deadline. The dividend would be paid in cash at ratio of 10 percent on January 26, 2010.
* Hochiminh Stock Exchange (STC)-listed Oil and Gas Material Joint Stock Co (coded COM) has recently announced that January 7, 2010 would be the ex-interest date to receive dividend for the first phase of 2009 including 9 percent in shares and 11 percent in cash.
* Hochiminh Stock Exchange (STC) has recently announced that Vietnam Investment Group Joint Stock Co, a majority shareholder of Vinpearlland Tourism Joint Stock Co (coded VPL) successfully sold 2.605 million VPL-coded shares from December 23 to 25.
* In accordance with the latest resolution from the extraordinary shareholders meeting in 2009, Duc Long Gia Lai Group Joint Stock Co has lately approved for listing shares on Ho Chi Minh Stock Exchange (STC) in the end of 2009.
* Ho Chi Minh Stock Exchange (STC) has lately announced its approval the membership for Phuong Hoang Securities Joint Stock Co (coded PCS) to officially start its operation on the southern bourse.
* Ho Chi Minh Stock Exchange (STC) announced on December 28 that Vien Dong Pharmaceutical Joint Stock Co (coded DVD) has already issued 3 million shares for its strategic partners on December 24 at offered price of 80,500 dong per share. This was also the closing price of DVD-coded shares on December 28.
* Construction Investment and Development JS Corp (STC coded DIG) yesterday decided to deduct over 1.045 billion dong of capital surplus of 2007 and 2009 to buy four million DIG shares as treasury shares.
* The transport engineering construction and business investment Joint Stock Co 584 announced offering 9 million shares for its strategic partners in order to increase the company’s chartered capital to 240 billion dong.
* PetroVietnam Drilling Joint Stock Co (coded PVD) on December 15 officially signed the deal to supply the self-propelled drilling rig PV Drilling II to State-owned Korea National Oil Corp (KNOC).
* Vietnam Textile & Garment Group held the groundbreaking ceremony for constructing Hong Linh knitting plant with designed capacity of 6,000 tonnes per year in Hong Linh Town, Ha Tinh province on December 25, 2009. The project has total investment capital of 450 billion dong.
* Fico Tay Ninh cement plant was officially opened and started operation on December 28, 2009. The plant, with designed capacity of 4,000 tonnes of clinker per day, was located in Hiep Phuoc Industrial Park, Nha Be Dist, HCM City.
* Thu Duc Trading and Import-Export Joint Stock Co (coded TMC) was granted certificate by State Securities Commission for issuing additional 4 million shares in order to increase chartered capital from 40 billion dong to 80 billion dong.
* Vietnam National Oil and Gas Group (PetroVietnam) and PetroVietnam Southern Gas Joint Stock Co (Gas South) inaugurated and put into operation the LPG depot in Go Dau industrial Park, Long Thanh Dist, Dong Nai province.
* According to production plan in 2010 that has been submitted to Vietnam National Oil and Gas Group (PetroVietnam) for approval, PetroVietnam Construction Joint Stock Corp (HNX-coded PVX) targeted to reach significant business figures of production output value of 8 billion dong, revenue of 7 trillion dong and pre-tax profit of 490 billion dong.
* The first direct flight of Taipei – Da Nang of Taiwan-based TransAsia Airlines successfully landed on Da Nang International Airport on December 26, 2009, marking the beginning of a new 2.5-hour direct airline route. This event was considered an extremely important milestone in investment and trade promotion process in Vietnam, in general and in central region, in particular.
* Kien Long Commercial Joint Stock Bank (Kien Long Bank) recently announced the resolution of bank’s shareholders’ meeting. Accordingly, the bank planed to list shares on Hochiminh Stock Exchange (STC) and reduced this year’s profit target from 180 billion dong to 120 billion dong.
* Far East Insurance Joint Stock Co (Vien Dong Insurance – VASS) estimated to gain total revenue of 300 billion dong in 2009. The company has introduced new products of private housing insurance, insurance products for bird flu of A/H1N1, heath insurance for children.
* Hanoi Stock Exchange (HNX) announced to have received the application profile submitted by Nam Viet Commercial Joint Stock Bank (Navibank) for listing shares on the northern floor.