* Vincom Securities Joint Stock Co (coded VIX) officially listed 30 million shares on Hanoi Stock Exchange (HNX) on December 29, 2009 with 96,300 shares being transferred at price of 25,000-30,000 dong per share. The average share price was 28,300 dong per share.
* Ha Do Joint Stock Co announced that January 6, 2010 would be the registration deadline to close the list of shareholders in order to register for listing 13.5 million shares on Ho Chi Minh Stock Exchange.
* The Electrical Mechanical and Construction Joint Stock Co (Meco) announced about issuing convertible bonds – the second phase in 2009.
* Till the end of October 2009, Vietnamese stock market reported 20 securities investment funds with a total capital of 12.757 trillion dong, according to State Securities Commission (SSC).
* An Giang Fisheries Import Export JSC (coded AGF) targets to reach 1.5 trillion dong in 2010 revenue, 80 billion dong in pre-tax profit higher than 2009′s 52 billion dong profit.
* Hanoi Stock Exchange (HNX)-listed 482 Joint Stock Co (coded B82)’s shareholders’ meeting recently passed a plan to offer extra 1.5 million shares to double chartered capital from 15 billion dong to 30 billion dong in Q1 2010.
* Northern bourse-listed Song Da 10.1 Joint Stock Co (coded SNG)’s shareholders’ meeting recently agreed to issue 2.6 million shares to scale up chartered capital from 19 billion dong to 45 billion dong to invest in projects in 2010.
* Shareholders’ meeting of Vien Dong (Far East) Trade Development and Investment Joint Stock Co (coded VID) recently agreed a plan to issue 11,002,866 shares to hike chartered capital from 214.49 billion dong to 324.52 billion dong in 2009-2010.
* Chair of State Securities Commission has lately issued the certificate no 476/UBCK-GCN for TMT Automobile Joint Stock Co on December 22, 2009 that allowed the company to offer shares to public.
* The State Securities Commission (SSC) has lately issued certificates to four enterprises for offering shares to public. In details, the four firms include Song Da Construction and Investment Joint Stock Co with total share volume of 642,200 units to be offered to public, Postal Insurance Joint Stock Co of 15 million shares, Hai Phong Pharmaceutical Joint Stock Co of 500,000 shares and Vinaconex 6 Joint Stock Co of 1 million shares.
* Vietnam Investment Group Joint Stock Company has sold 2.6 million shares of Vinpearl Trading and Tourism Co (VPL) to reduce its ownership from 24.77% to 22.17%.
* The board of directors of DIC Investment and Trading Co (DIC) has decided to buy back four million shares as treasury stock using its capital surplus of l.05 trillion dong.
* Vien Dong Pharmaceuticals Co (DVD) has finished issuing three million shares to strategic partners at 80,500 dong per share, resulting in capital surplus of 211.5 billion dong from this issuance. The company has decided to pay 2009 dividend of 25%.
* The Hochiminh Stock Exchange has permitted Vinh Son – Song Hinh Hydropower Co to trade 68.7 million additional shares on the bourse.
* Dry Cells and Storage Battery Co (PAC) has got approval to trade four million additional shares on the southern bourse.
* Go Dang Seafood Joint Stock Company has got approval from the Hochiminh Stock Exchange to trade shares on the bourse under the code of AGD. The company is capitalized at 80 billion dong.
* The Hochiminh Stock Exchange has permitted Foreign Trade Development and Investment Joint Stock Company to list on the bourse under the code of FDC. The company is capitalized at 143 billion dong.
* Hoc Mon Trading Joint Stock Company has registered to trade 3.5 million shares on the Hanoi Stock Exchange. The 60-billion dong Licogi No 13 Joint Stock Company has also sought approval to list on this bourse.
* OPC Pharmaceutical Joint Stock Co (coded OPC) officially started construction works on OPC pharmaceutical plant with GMP WHO standards in Hoa Nhut Hamlet, Tan Vinh Hiep Commune, Tan Uyen Dist, Binh Duong province. The total investment capital for the project was estimated at about 160 billion dong. It’s expected that the new plant will be put into operation in early 2012.
* Natural Resources, Environment and Energy Joint Stock Co and three partners of Hanoi Housing Investment and Development Joint Stock Co No 41, Tay Bac Investment and Development Joint Stock Co and Vietnam Investment and Architecture Joint Stock Co held the ground breaking ceremony of Nhan Chinh Apartment and Office complex last weekend.
* Hochiminh Stock Exchange (STC)-listed Thac Mo Hydropower Joint Stock Co reported gaining 436.75 billion dong of revenue and 171.81 billion dong of pre tax profit in 2009.
* Nui Beo Coal Joint Stock Co (coded NBC), a member of Vietnam National Coal and Minerals Industrial Group (Vincomin), on December 30 reported this year’s business results with over 1.7 trillion dong of revenue.
* Vietnam-Sweden Wine and Spirit Joint Stock Co officially put into operation the new plant with designed capacity of 5 million of bottles per year in Phu Nghia Industrial Zone, Chuong My Dist, Hanoi. The project has total investment capital of $4 million.
* Petrolimex Import-Export Joint Stock Co (coded PIT) held the opening ceremony the new Petrolimex paint factory in Vietnam-Singapore Industrial Park No 2 in Binh Duong province yesterday December 30, 2009.
* Construction Corp No 1, under ministry of construction announced finishing construction works on new Dong Nai bridge on December 30, 2009.
* The National Electricity Transmission Corp successfully started operation of Doc Soi 500KV Transformer Station in Binh Son Dist, Quang Ngai province yesterday December 30, 2009.
* Vietnam National Oil and Gas Group (PetroVietnam) and PetroVietnam Southern Gas Joint Stock Co (PV Gas South) have put a liquid gas storage depot into operation in Go Dau Industrial Park in Dong Nai Province’s Long Thanh District. With investment capital of 196 billion dong, the depot is the biggest in southern Vietnam. It is estimated that it will provide 100,000 tonnes of liquid gas per year for the southern market.
* Tien Giang Food Co is planning to ship 110 tonnes of high-quality rice to the US within this year Nguyen Quoc Truc, vice director of the company stated. The company this year has exported nearly 130,000 tonnes of rice for $52 million, 30,000 tonnes to the US and 100,000 tonnes to the domestic market.
* Ham Giang Construction Co Ltd has been approved by the Mekong Delta’s Tra Vinh Province to establish the Long Toan Port complex worth 1.7 trillion dong on 170 hectares in Duyen Hai District.
* Huy Hoang Joint Stock Co has started work on the Huy Hoang Aquatic Food Processing Plant worth 383 billion dong with daily capacity of250 tonnes and covering three hectares in An Hiep Industrial Park in Chau Thanh District in the Mekong Delta’s Ben Tre Province. Once operational by October, the plant will offer jobs to over 2,000 local labourers.
* CongThanh Cement Joint Stock Co has begun construction of a area plant worth $680 million with annual capacity of560,000 tonnes in Nghi Son Economic Zone (EZ) in Thanh Hoa Province. The company is also planning to set up a thermoelectric plant with capacity of 300 MW in the EZ.
* Switzerland’s ABB Corp has won the bidding package worth $15 million offered by Lilama Corp, the Engineering-Procurement-Construction (EPC) contractor of Vung Ang 1 Thermoelectric Plant, to set up a 220KV outdoor power station with 12 lines and a 240 MVA transformer station for the plant.
* State Bank of Vietnam (SBV) and World Bank (WB) signed an agreement yesterday December 30 in which WB approved $500 million loan for Vietnam to support public investment reform.
* Nam Viet Commercial Bank with chartered capital of 1 trillion has registered to trade shares on the Hanoi Stock Exchange. Once approved, this will be the third bank to trade shares on the northern bourse after Asia Commercial Bank (ACB), and Saigon-Hanoi Commercial Bank (SHB).