* DHG Pharmaceuticals Co (DHG) in the first five months of the year has recorded 645 billion dong in revenue and 65 billion dong in profit after-tax, increasing 3.8 percent and 2.7 percent respectively from the same period last year.
* Phat Thanh Trading Manufacture Co Ltd (Fataco) has invested over $4 million to upgrade its production lines specialising in plastic household appliances and melamine products to be one of the leading melamine-product manufacturers in Vietnam. Fataco is expecting to earn $5 million in export revenue this year, up 30 percent year-on-year.
* Tien Hung Trade-Production Co. has inaugurated a central wastewater treatment plant for My Xuan B1-Tien Hung Industrial Park in Ba Ria-Vung Tau Province’s Tan Thanh District with daily capacity of 6,000 cubic meters.
* PetroVietnam Finance Joint Stock Corp (PVFC) on July 6 reported that in Jan-June, the corporation earned 451 billion dong in pre-tax profit after deducting money for the credit and investment risk prevention fund, and 2.669 trillion dong in total revenue.
* PetroVietnam Insurance Joint Stock Co (coded PVI), Bidv Insurance Co (BIC) and Dakdrink Hydropower JSC have officially signed an insurance contract for the construction work for the project of Dakdrinh Hydropower plant.
* Southern Dry Cell and Battery Joint Stock Co (STC listed PAC) achieved 632 billion dong in revenue and earned an estimated profit of at least 75 billion dong during the first half of 2009, thereby growing by 112 percent year-on-year.
* Binh An Fishery Joint Stock Co (Bianfishco) has announced that the company reached 2008 revenue of 833.96 billion dong, up 160 percent against the previous year. The company said that it earned profit after tax of 12.53 billion dong.
* American Vietnam Biotechnology Joint Stock Co (Amvibiotech) has set the business targets for 2009 with revenue of 9 billion dong and profit after tax of 2 billion dong. In 2008, the company had reached 5.815 billion dong of total revenue and on which it earned 1.1 billion dong of profit after tax.
* Trung Thuy Group Joint Stock Co, the main investor of Lancaster Building in HCM City has announced that the company would officially start its three projects in Dong Nai, Da Nang and Hanoi with total investment capital of 1.17 trillion dong.
* During the first six moths, Traphaco Joint Stock Co (coded TRA) obtained 361.5 billion dong in revenue, of which 244.5 billion dong was earned from production and sales, a year-on-year rise of 19 percent. In the period, the company gained 32 billion dong in pre-tax profit, up 15 percent against 2008.
* Hanoi Stock Exchange (HNX) announced that on July 10 the organisation would organise the tender session for trading government bonds valued 1 trillion dong issued by Bank for Development of Vietnam. This is the first tender to be held in July 2009.
* The State Securities Commission (SSC) issued Decision No 404/UBCK-GCN on July 06 granting an approval for listing shares on the stock markets for the two enterprises of Hanoi Housing Investment and Development Joint Stock Co No 6 (Hadico 6) and Vietnam Electric Wire and Cable Joint Stock Co (Cadivi).
* Vincom Co (VIC) has announced July 14 as the ex-dividend date for shareholders to receive last year’s dividend of 5 percent in cash.
* ACB Securities Co (ACBS) has sold out its 627,100 shares of Alta Corp. (ALT) on June 30.
* BinhMinh Plastic Co (BMP) has announced July 10 will be the ex-dividend date for shareholders to receive 2009 first-round dividends of 15 percent in cash.
* Dong Do Marine Co (DDM) has announced July 13 will be the ex-dividend date for shareholders to receive 2008 second-round dividends of3.6 percent in cash.
* Vietnam Enterprise Investments Limited has sold nearly 1.2 million fund units of Vietnam Investment Fund (VFMVFl) to decrease its holdings to 15.8 million units, accounting for 15.8 percent of the fund’s capital.
* The 120 billion dong Tan Binh Manufacture-Trading – Import Export Service Joint Stock Co has applied to trade 12 million shares on the Ho Chi Minh Stock Exchange.
* Hanoi P&T Construction and Installation Co (HAS) has announced July 15 will be the ex-dividend date for shareholders to receive 2009 first-round dividends of 6 percent in cash and bonus shares of 30 percent.
* Saigon Securities Inc (SSI) has bought 448,500 shares of Bibica Co (BBC) to increase its ownership from 7.6 percent to 10.52 percent.
* Saigon Cable Co (CSG), sitting on the board of directors of Cables and Telecommunication Materials Co (SAM), has registered to buy 100,000 SAM shares to increase its holdings to 298,800 shares.
* Sao Bac Dau Technology Joint Stock Co has announced to allocate bonus shares for 2008 dividend payment – phase 2.
* An Binh Commercial Joint Stock Bank (ABBank) reported obtaining 172 billion dong in pre-tax profit during the first half of 2009.
* Ho Chi Minh Stock Exchange (STC) has approved in principle Vietnam Industrial Commercial Joint Stock Bank’s (Vietinbank) proposal to list 10.77 percent of its chartered capital equalling to 121 million shares instead of the previously registered 134 million shares (11.11 percent).
* LienVietBank announced that in Jan-June, it earned about 340 billion dong in profit, 12 trillion dong in total assets and 5.5 trillion dong in total outstanding loans.
* HCM City Housing Development Commercial Joint Stock Bank (HDBank) has announced the H1 business results after deducting for risk prevention fund with total pre-tax profit of nearly 128 billion dong, growing 200 percent sharply year-on-year and fulfilling nearly 75 percent of the whole year’s plan.
* ACE Life Vietnam announced on July 06 that the company has officially applied the services of providing information about the insurance contract via SMS services on cell phones.