* Construction Joint Stock Co No 5 (coded SC5) announced to achieve accumulative production output in the first nine months of this year of 1.15 trillion dong, fulfilling 95.83 percent of the year plan. The company plans to gain 250 billion dong of production value in Q4, and 1.4 trillion dong for the whole year, equal to 116.7 percent of the year plan.
* Viendong Land, member of SaigonTel has decided to give priorities to select Korea’s Kumho as the major contractor for Vien Dong Maridian real estate project in Da Nang City with the term that Kumho must meet all technical requirements and standards of Viendong Land. The decision was made in an agreement between two parties on October 21 at Vietnam-Korea Economic Forum.
* Kinh Bac Urban Development Joint Stock Corp (coded KBC) plans to sign a strategic cooperation agreement with South Korea-based Kumho Group in developing some KBC’s real estate projects in Hanoi. The contract signing ceremony is expected to take place in the National Convention Centre, Hanoi on October 21, within the framework of Vietnam-South Korea Economic Development Forum. The two parties include Kinh Bac Urban Development Joint Stock Corp, a subsidiary of Saigon Investment Group and South Korea’s Kumho Industrial Co Ltd
* Nguyen Van Trung, general director of Vinh Son-Song Hinh hydropower Joint Stock Co (coded VSH) has recently announced that the company plans to allocate bonus shares to the existing shareholders to increase its chartered capital. The total bonus share volume is estimated at 68,747,129 units in order to increase the company chartered capital from about 1.375 trillion dong to over 2.062 trillion dong.
* Southern bourse-listed Hoa Phat Group Joint Stock Co (coded HPG) has recently reported the business results in Q3 and first nine months this year. Accordingly, in Q3, HPG’s revenue was 2.147 trillion dong and 359 billion dong of profit after tax, equivalent to the respective growth of 30 percent and 50 percent compared to the same period last year.
* Hoang Trung Hai, deputy prime minister has recently agreed to allow ministry of transport to set up and approve the investment projects of Ninh Binh-Thanh Hoa Highway and Thanh Hoa-Ha Tinh Highway, and allow bidding assignment for the two projects at the same time.
* Vincom Joint Stock Co (coded VIC), the main investor for the project of Vincom Complex of “Trade Centres-Services-Hotel-Offices for lease-High-class apartments and underground parking area” that is located in the area of Dong Khoi-Le Thanh Ton crossroad, Dist 1, HCM City, has officially received application profile for leasing the trading space in Vincom Centre Shopping Mall, one part of the mentioned-above complex.
* Development Investment Construction Joint Stock Corp (coded DIG) has reported to earn accumulative profit after tax of 412 billion dong in the first nine months of 2009, equivalent to 125.11 percent of the year plan.
* PetroVietnam Gas Corp (PV Gas) will supply ethane and propane to Long Son oil refinery complex of Long Son Petrochemical Ltd Co according to the initial agreement signed recently. In details, PV Gas will provide about 150,000 tonnes of ethane a year as production materials for the oil refinery.
* Hanoi Stock Exchange (HNX) has in principle approved for Hai Phong cement packaging Joint Stock Co to list 3 million shares on the northern bourse.
* Ho Chi Minh Stock Exchange has received the announcement about transferring the ownership rights of TBC-coded shares to Refrigeration Electrical Engineering Joint Stock Co (coded REE) from EVN Finance Co on October 16.
* Ho Chi Minh Stock Exchange (STC) has announced about the listing and trading of additional shares from three enterprises that have their shares listed on the southern bourse. The official transaction date will be October 21.
* Vietnam Securities Depository Centre (VSD) officially announced that October 28 would be the registration deadline for Someco Song Da Joint Stock Co (coded MEC) to close the list of shareholders for paying 2009 dividend – first phase in cash.
* To supplement capital for coming projects, Saigon Telecom Joint Stock Co (SaigonTel coded SGT) has successfully issued 300 billion dong of unconvertible corporate bonds on October 19, 2009 to financial institutions, banks, securities companies and investment funds.
* Lu Gia Mechanical Electric Joint Stock CO (coded LGC) announced that October 28 would be the ex-interest session for the company shareholders for 2009 dividend payment – first phase with the rate of 7 percent, or 700 dong per share.
* On October 19 in London, Hoang Van Ninh, general director of EVN Finance Joint Stock Co (EVN Finance) and Ashok Sud, general director of Standard Chartered Bank in Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia signed a memorandum of understanding on cooperation in some important fields.
* Bao Viet Commercial Joint Stock Bank (BaoVietBank) has recently announced that it would give a bonus saving rate by 0.15-0.25 percent/year from October 20 to November 20.
Accordingly, all women customers or teachers when joining dong and US dollar saving products at BaoVietBank will receive a bonus saving rate by 0.15 percent/year.