* Phu Nhuan Jewellery Co (PNJ) in the first nine months of the year obtained 8.34 trillion dong in revenue and 199.5 billion dong in pre- tax profit, up 189 percent and 60 percent respectively from the same period last year. PNJ has finished issuing 10 million bonus shares to existing shareholders to spur capital from 300 billion to 400 billion dong.
* Cuu Long Fish Co (ACL) in the first eight months of the year obtained 419 billion dong in revenue and 24.9 billion dong in profit after-tax, achieving 53.3 percent and 62 percent respectively of the whole year’s plan.
* Mekong Fisheries Co (AAM) has revised up its 2009 pre-tax profit forecast from 27 billion dong to 37 billion dong. It also expects to raise 2009 dividend from 18 percent to 25 percent and issue 2.43 million bonus shares to existing shareholders at the 10:3 ratio.
* Vietnam Industrial Construction Corp (Vinaincon) has cut a deal with Vietnam Steel Corp (VSC) to be the sub-contractor of the second-phase expansion project of Thai Nguyen Iron and Steel Joint Stock Co. (Tiseo). The project worth over four trillion dong is expected to double the annual capacity of Tiseo’s plant to one million tonnes of steel ingot.
* Hanoi Urban Development Corp. (HUD) and Urban Infrastructure Development Investment Corp. (UDIC) have begun a student dormitory project worth about 1.5 trillion dong and covering 3.7 hectares in Hanoi’s Phap Van-Tu Hiep Township Area. Once finished by20 11, the project with floor areas of 1.2 hectares will house about 22,000 students.
* HCM City Technical Training University held a groundbreaking ceremony for a five-story multi -purpose block with floor space of about 4,300 square meters worth over 19.3 billion dong on its campus in District 9. The building includes a lecture hall, four practice workshops, four computer labs and 20 classrooms.
* Vietnam National Institute of Software and Digital Content Industry (NISCI) under the Ministry of Science and Technology have introduced the low-cost software solution iDragon NetPC that can be kept inside USB personal storage equipment. The package, the open -source software with Vietnamese user- friendly interface, can be used as a substitute for other licensed operating systems and other supporting tools to set up a virtual environment in personal computers for working, studying, entertaining and interactin0067 with the internet.
* China’s Hainan Airlines has joined hands with Chinese tourism operators to offer tours to the towns of Haikou and Sanya on Hainan Island for Vietnamese tourists on the inauguration of the direct flight between Hanoi and Hainan, Lao Dongreports.1he tours, a four day/three night for seven million dong and a five day/four night for eight million dong, apply from October 25 to November 30.
* VinaPhone, a leading mobile service operator under Vietnam Post and Telecommunications Group, has announced to be the first 3G service provider for clients nationwide starting October 12.
* Vietnam National Oil and Gas Group (PetroVietnam) inked an agreement with the High Command of Military Zone 9 to jointly install a 400-km section of oil pipeline worth about 800 million dong funded by PetroVietnam through O Mon District and related projects in the Mekong Delta.
* The 80 billion dong Seaprodex Refrigeration Industry Corporation has got permission from the Hochiminh Stock Exchange to trade over eight million shares on the bourse under the code of SRF.
* Japan’s Milestone Co Ltd has been approved by the Central Highlands’ Dak Lak Province to set up an ethanol plant worth $60 million with annual capacity of 120 million litters in the province.
* Hanoi Transport Corp has received 101 new buses assembled by Vietnam Deawoo Bus Co Ltd to replace old vehicles on new routes in the capital city, quoting Bi Xuan Dung, chair of the corporation.
* Korea’s Doosan Vina Heavy Industries Vietnam Co Ltd operating in Dung Quat Economic Zone has shipped a second consignment of seawater filter equipment weighing over 3,700 tonnes to Saudi Arabia.
* Petromacarero, a joint venture between Vietnam and Venezuela, will begin exploiting oil in the South American country in 18 months; Tin Tuc quoted Eulogio del Pino, vice president of the Venezuelan national oil and gas group PDVSA. The progress of the joint venture is under discussion in a working session between PetroVietnam and PDVSA.
* The Corporation for Financing and Promotion Technology, better known as FPT, clinched an agreement with Taiwan’s Acer Inc. to distribute Acer electronic products in Vietnam.
* V- Ecom Co Ltd has introduced the first domestic-made black box for vehicles with Vecom G.Track System or Vecom Global Positioning System (GPS) Tracking System via Radio VHF/UHF, an automatic vehicle locating system made in Vietnam.
* Parkview Golf Resort Co began construction of a complex of golf course and seaside tourism resort worth $I50 million and covering 176 hectares in Binh Thuan Province’s Ham Tan District. The project is expected to be finished and put into operation in 2012 when it will include hotels, a resort network, a golf course and recreational and sports centres.
* Power Investment and Trading Joint Stock Co 586, formerly known as Civil Engineering Construction
Co 586, under Civil Engineering Construction Corp. 5, has had its investment licensed for the Dan Sach Hydropower project revoked by Binh Thuan Province. The project that began in 2004 and was scheduled for completion in 2007 remains idle.
* Nam Trieu Shipbuilding Industry Corp (Nasico), under Vietnam Shipbuilding Industry Corp (Vinashin) has handed over the 6,800-tonne cargo ship Nasico Lion to Nam Trieu Ocean Shipping Co Ltd
* European Investment Bank (EIB) has recently approved the credit of 47 million euro in Luxembourg, Belgium since Sep 30 in order to fund for Metro Vietnam supermarket network project, under Metro AG branch in construction of five depots in provinces and cities of Bien Hoa, Binh Duong, Nha Trang, Long Xuyen and Quy Nhon.
* Ben Thanh Water Supply Joint Stock Co (Ben Thanh Wasuco) has recently adjusted to reduce the targeted water supplies in the company’s development plan in 2009 from 37.5 million cubic metres to 37.1 million cubic metres.
* Truong Vinh Trong, deputy prime minister participated the opening ceremony of the first cement plant in Dien Bien province that is located in Sam Mun commune, Dien Bien Dist on October 1.
* Ho Chi Minh Stock Exchange (STC) announced on October 2 that Mekong Fisheries Joint Stock Co (Mekongfish – coded AAM) has already approved adjusting the company’s business plan in 2009. In details, the company planned to reach 2009 pre-tax profit of 37 billion dong, increasing by 10 billion dong in comparison with the previously proposed plan. The 2009 dividend rate would be changed from 18 percent to 25 percent.
* Hoa Binh Rubber Joint Stock Co (coded HRC) announced on October 2 that in the first nine months of this year, the company’s total production output was posted at 3,040 tonnes, and sales volume of 4,000 tonnes. In Jan-Sep, HRC reached accumulative revenue of 140 billion dong, equivalent to 86.42 percent of the year plan, and after tax profit of 45 billion dong, equal to 133.14 percent of the year plan.
* Seven Korean investors including Samsung, Daewoo, Ska, Kumho and Kangnam will join the investment and construction of Hanoi urban metro line 5 (Nam Ho Tay-Ngoc Khanh-Lang-Hoa Lac) and Nha Trang-Saigon section of North-South high speed railway, Ministry of Traffic and Transportation announced. Hanoi urban metro line 5 is 33.5 kilometres long, including 22 train stations with total investment capital of $1.2 billion.
* Quang Nam provincial People’s Committee last Friday (October 2) reported granting the investment license to two US investors of Tano Capital LLC and Global C&D Inc to build the Bai Bien Rong tourism complex.
* Vinaconex Investment and Tourism Development Joint Stock Corp (Vinaconex – ITC) officially started the bidding package for construction on Tung Thu Hotel, under the project of Cai Gia –Cat Ba tourism urban area.
* Saigon general Service Joint Stock Corp (Savico – coded SVC) lately estimated to earn 1.86 trillion dong of total revenue in the first nine months of this year and expected profit of 92 billion dong.
* Song Da Joint Stock Co No 10.1 (coded SNG) has announced to earn the construction output value of 150.6 billion dong in the last nine months, equal to 84.4 percent of the year plan; revenue of 113 billion dong or 70 percent of the year plan; and pre-tax profit of 14 billion dong, equivalent to 74 percent.
* PetroVietnam Securities Joint Stock Co (coded PSI) has already signed a comprehensive cooperation contract with PetroVietnam Insurance Joint Stock Corp (coded PVI), PetroVietnam Finance Joint Stock Co (PVFC) and Ocean Commercial Joint Stock Bank (Oceanbank).
* Khanh Hoa provincial People’s Committee on October 10 licensed the Lighthouse Complex Tower Nha Trang project invested by Hai Dang Investment JSC that was formed by six large sized shareholders namely PetroVietnam, Saigon Co.op, Hoa Binh Real Estate Construction and Trading JSC, PetroVietnam Finance Joint – Stock Corp, PetroVietnam Finance Consulting and Investment JSC-HCM City branch, and Dai Hai Investment JSC.
* prime minister has recently issued document No 6820/VPCP-QHQT for approval of construction project in the city centre of new Nhon Trach Dong Nai to be invested by Malaysia-based Berjaya Leisure Co Ltd
* Thuong Hai-Quang Tri Joint Stock Co held the groundbreaking ceremony of Dakrong 4 hydropower plant on October 4 in To Leng Hamlet, Dakrong Commune, Dakrong Dist, Quang Tri province. The project has total investment capital of 510 billion dong with three turbines of 21MW, to generate the average electricity output of about 80 million KWh.
* Hanoi Stock Exchange (HNX) has recently announced that the management board of Song Da Joint Stock Co No 4 (coded SD4) already approved for capital contribution in Ha Tay hydropower plant project with the contribution rate equal to 26 percent of the project’s chartered capital.
* Hoa Sen Group Joint Stock Co (HSG) on October 3 approved the plan of raising its chartered capital from 570.4 billion dong to 1.008 trillion dong in 2010.
* Saigon Securities Inc (SSI) within September 21-25 made transactions on National Seeds Co (NSC) to reduce its stake in the company from 14.7 percent to 13.1 percent.
* Red River Holding has bought 300,900 shares of Minh Phu Seafoods Processing Co (MPC) to increase its ownership from 4.75 percent to 5.18 percent.
* Van Phat Hung Corp (VPH) has registered to sell out its treasury stock of 247,800 shares between October 13 and January 11.
* Bao Viet Securities Co. (BVS), sitting on the board of directors of Hoa Sen Group (HSG), has sold out its 401,400 HSG shares.
* Vietnam Holding Limited within September 9-25 has made transactions on Dry Cell and Storage Battery (PAC) to decrease its ownership from 5.07 percent to 4.94 percent. The listed company has announced October 12 as the ex-dividend date for shareholders to receive 2009 second-round dividend of 7 percent in cash.
* Deutsche Bank Aktiengesellschaf and Deutsche Asset Management (Asia) Limited have bought 151,800 shares of Thu Duc Housing Development Co (TDH) to increase their ownership from 7.13 percent to 8.14 percent.
* Vietnam Dairy Products Co (VNM) has sold 677,600 shares of Bien Hoa Sugar Co (BHS) to decrease its ownership from 8.7 percent to 4.9 percent.
* The Hochiminh Stock Exchange has allowed AnPha S.G Petrol Co (ASP) to trade 1.83 million additional shares on the bourse.
* State Treasury from today will issue two-year government bonds in centrally governed cities and provinces. The bonds carry an annual coupon of 9 percent.
* DIC Construction Investment and Development Joint Stock Corp (STC listed DIG) has reported that its board of directors have finished the plan on continuing raising the chartered capital from 700 billion dong to one trillion dong after the shareholders meeting approved offering 10 million shares to reach a 700 billion dong chartered capital.
* Sao Mai Construction Joint Stock Co in An Giang province (Sao Mai An Giang – SMAG) has sought shareholders’ opinion for approval of allocating bonus shares and listing on Ho Chi Minh Stock Exchange (STC).
* Lilama 45.4 Joint Stock Co has announced to close the list of shareholders for advance payment of first phase – 2009 dividend on October 5. The dividend payment will start in October 20. The company’s dividend – first phase will be paid at the rate of 6 percent in cash.
* Southern Dry Cell and Storage Battery Joint Stock Co (Pinaco – coded PAC) announced that October 8 would be the ex-interest session for buying warrants for 2009 dividend payment – second phase with the rate of 7 percent per par value and seeking for shareholders’ opinion for approval of allocating bonus shares.
* Ho Chi Minh Stock Exchange (STC) announced its approval for Tay Nguyen Electricity Investment Joint Stock Co to list 16,582,600 shares under the code of TIC.
* Ho Chi Minh Stock Exchange (STC) announced to have received application profiles for listing shares on the southern bourse of Dong A Plastic Group Joint Stock Co and Duc Thanh Wood Processing Joint Stock Co.
* Hanoi Stock Exchange (HNX) on October 1 approved Song Da 25 Joint Stock Co (SDJ) to list extra 1,838,400 shares at 10,000 dong par.
* The State Bank of Vietnam has announced to keep the prime rate unchanged at 7 percent per year for October. Other key rates are unchanged also, with the refinancing rate at 7 percent, discount rate 5 percent, and overnight rate 7 percent.
* Maritime Commercial Bank in the first nine months of the year has earned a profit of 700 billion dong, increasing 127 percent from the same period last year and exceeding 15 percent of the year’s profit plan. Of which, profit from credit operation was less than 20 percent.
* Saigon Commercial Bank (SCB) will open three more transaction offices in October, with one in HCM City, one in Dak Lak Province, and one in Binh Thuan Province.
* Maritime Commercial Bank has increased its interest rates for term deposits in both dong and the US dollar. The bank’s rates in dong range from 8.65 percent to 9.4 percent per year, while those for dollar deposits are from 1.75 percent to 3.2 percent.
* Saigon-Hanoi Commercial Joint Stock Bank (SHB) has officially increased the interest rate for deposits in dong for its two products of “tiet kiem rut goc linh hoat” (savings with flexible withdrawal of principles) and “tiet kiem bac thang” (accumulative savings), starting from Sep 30.