* Although the crude oil production volume of first nine months reached 12.8 million tonnes, marking the highest level in the last three years and increasing by 16 percent year-on-year, Vietnam’s revenue from the sector slumped 16 percent from 2008, the PetroVietnam general director Phung Dinh Thuc reported at the online conference on sum up the 9-month industrial production held last week by Ministry of Industry and Trade.
* The State Securities Commission (SSC) has approved Beta Securities Joint Stock Co to setting up its new branch in Hanoi.
* State Capital Investment Corp (SCIC) has announced to reach 1.674 trillion dong in revenue in the first nine months of this year, pre-tax profit of 1.415 trillion dong and the total state-owned capital in SCIC of 13.84 trillion dong.
* Nguyen Van Su, general director of Hoang Anh Gia Lai Joint Stock Co (coded HAG) revealed that the company may reach 2.5 trillion dong in pre-tax profit in 2010 at minimum. On October 5, the company held the extraordinary shareholders meeting with the purpose of adjusting the targeted revenue and profit in 2009 for the second time with orientation for 2010. In details, the company plan to increase the targeted revenue to 4.31 trillion dong, an increase by 650 billion dong or 18 percent in comparison with the first adjustment time, and pre-tax profit of 1.7 trillion dong, up 21 percent from the previous adjustment.
* In Jan-Sep, VTC Multimedia Corp fulfilled 78 percent of 2009 revenue, jumping 303 percent against the previous year while its profit reached 22 percent of the year plan and surged 213 percent year-on-year respectively.
* National air carrier Vietnam Airlines announced that it would add flights on many domestic and international routes between October 25, 2009 and March 27, 2010. Accordingly, the flight frequency on Hanoi/HCM City to Paris will be raised from seven to eight flights a week, Hanoi/HCM City to Frankfurt from five to six flights a week, Hanoi to Kunming from four to five flights a week by F70 planes, from HCM City to Bangkok 14 flights a week by A321 plan as of December 1, 2009.
* Lilama 45.3 Joint Stock Co (coded L43) signed a cooperation contract on manufacturing and installing machines and equipment for Dambol hydropower plant project with designed capacity of 9.6 MW in Lam Dong province with the total contract value of over 41 billion dong on October 2. The project’s main investor was Bao Tan Electricity Joint Stock Co.
* Singapore’s Ascott service apartment trading group has signed a deal with Thuy Duong Investment Joint Stock Co to manage the Somerset Central TD in Hai Phong City. This is a part of TD Plaza high class apartment and trade centre complex, comprising a 5-storey shopping area being operational, offices for lease, and two apartment towers.
* Vietnam Securities Depository Centre (VSD) has granted transaction codes for total number of 13,278 foreign investors so far, in which there were 1,082 foreign institutions and 12,196 foreign individuals up to October 1.
* Rong Viet (Vietnam Dragon) Securities Joint Stock Co (VDSC) reported to fulfil its 2009 business plan with the accumulative pre-tax profit of 36 billion dong in the first nine months of 2009, equal to 106.5 percent of the profit plan of 33.8 billion dong. In which the company estimated to earn Q3 pre-tax profit of about 41 billion dong, an increase of 41 percent against that of Q2.
* Phu Yen general Materials One Member Ltd Co has announced that it would auction 2,698,700 shares to the public with a starting price of 12,800 dong per share at 9 am on October 3, 2009 via the Hochiminh Stock Exchange (STC). The time for investors to register to join the auction and deposit is from 8 am October 9 to 4 pm October 15, 2009.
* Phuoc Hoa Rubber Joint Stock Co (coded PHR) announced that October 13 would be the registration deadline for the company to close the list of shareholders with the purpose of 2009 dividend payment – the first phase in cash.
* Ho Chi Minh Stock Exchange (STC) announced to have already received the application profile for listing shares of Gia Lai Sugar and Thermo Power Joint Stock Co (coded SEC) for the first time.
* Saigon Commercial Joint Stock Bank (SCB) has opened three new transaction offices in accordance with the bank’s network extension itinerary in 2009. In details, the bank officially put into operation the new SCB Dist 10, HCM City and SCB Nguyen Tat Thanh in Buon Ma Thuot province on October 3, 2009.
* Viet A Commercial Joint Stock Bank (VietABank) plans to open additional five transaction offices all over the country within October 2009, increasing the bank’s total number of branches and transaction office to 58 units.
* An Binh Commercial Joint Stock Bank (ABBank) has lately announced to gain 281 billion dong of accumulative pre-tax profit in the first nine months of this year. In Sep only, ABBank’s pre-tax profit was estimated at 35.4 billion dong.