* Hanoi Stock Exchange (HNX) has in principle approved Vung Tau Petroleum Trading and Service Joint Stock Co (Vimexco Gas) plan to list 9.6 million ordinary shares on the northern bourse on August 4.
* Southern Rubber Industry Joint Stock Co has got permission from the Hochiminh Stock Exchange to trade 25 million shares under the code of CSM.
* August 12 will be the ex-interest date to receive dividend in cash for the first phase of 2009 at the ratio of 15 percent of STC-listed Phu Nhuan Jewellery Joint Stock Co (coded PNJ). The registration deadline is on August 14 and the payment date is from September 3.
* Saigon Securities Inc. (SS!) has bought 36,200 shares of BenTre Aquaproducts Import Export Co. (ABT) to increase its ownership from 11.56 percent to 12.74 percent.
* Between June 22 and August 4, Venner Group Ltd under Dragon Capital offloaded 2.65 million REE coded shares, reducing its size in the local firm from 5,368,960 shares to 2,718,960 shares.
* Phuong Trang Co will open a passenger coach service between Da Lat and Hue with fares 220,000 dong per passenger. A coach from each end of the route will depart at 11:30 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. from Hue and at 1:00 p.m. and 2:00 p.m. from Da Lat.
* Tan Viet Uc Corp has increased its chartered capital by 15-fold to 30 billion dong and expanded its milk processing plant in HCM City’s Tan Tao Industrial Park.
* Mai Linh Group has launched flying inflatable boat service at the Tuan Chau tourism area for visitors to enjoy the landscapes of Ha Long Bay from above the sea at $70 for 15 minutes, quoted Le Van Vien, the group’s deputy general director. Ha Long Bay is the second place in Vietnam to offer this service after Nha Trang City in the central province of Khanh Hoa.
* InnovGreen Quang Nam Co. Ltd has planted 200 hectares of forest for timber in Quang Nam Province’s Tay Giang District. The subproject is under a more ambitious project worth $440 million to cover 30,000 hectares in nine upland districts of the province with trees.
* PetroVietnam Transportation Co (PVT) has announced August 12 as the date for listing shareholders to ask for their approval for raising capital this year and using mobilised funds.
* Sweden’s Scandia Villa and Resort Co Ltd yesterday started work on a coastal international tourism village worth about $10 million and covering 39 hectares in Phu Yen Province’s Tuy Hoa City, quoted company chairperson Helena Van.
* Manulife Progressive Fund (MAFPF1) has announced its net asset value (NAV) by July 30 at 6, 195 dong, increasing 178 from dong the previous week. Meanwhile, NAV of Prudential Balanced Fund 1 (PRUBF1) was 8,479 dong, up 40 dong from the week earlier. NAV of Vietnam Blue¬chips Fund (VFMVF4) byJuly30was 11,601 dong, increasing 272 dong from the week earlier.
* Nam Bay Bay Joint Stock Co (coded NBB) has announced that it would issue 300 billion dong of bonds to invest in its City Gate Towers project. These three year bonds with face value of up to one billion dong per bond will be retailed to institutional investors. According to NBB, these bonds will not be converted into shares. It will be ensured by the lot of land to build the City Gate Towers.
* Asia Commercial Bank (ACB) has just connected its ATM system to Smartlink card system which has 25 bank members including Vietcombank, Eximbank, Techcombank, and VIB Bank. With this connection, ACB’s cardholders can check their account balances and withdraw money at 2,500 ATM machines of Smartlink nationwide.
* Saigon Commercial Bank (SCB) on Friday will open a transaction office in Hai Chau District in Da Nang City, the sixth unit of SCB in the city and the 98th unit nationwide.
* Vietnam Maritime Commercial Joint Stock Bank (Maritime Bank) has recently carried out “highest interest rate” product package in both dong and US dollar. Accordingly, depositors at Maritime Bank will enjoy the highest deposit rate of dong at 10 percent/year for 36 month term and 2.5 percent/yr for 12 month term. Particularly, as for dong deposit, one month term deposit will carry the deposit rate of 8.2 percent a year, three months at 8.7 percent, six months at 9 percent, 12 months at 9.1 percent and 24 months at 9.7 percent/yr.
* Tien Phong Commercial Joint Stock Bank (TienPhongBank) on August 6 is to inaugurate its branch in the northern city of Hai Phong at No 14 Tran Phu St, Ngo Quyen Dist.