* Ho Chi Minh Stock Exchange (STC) has announced to close the list of shareholders of Hoa Sen Group Joint Stock Co (coded HSG) with the purpose of paying 2008 dividend— phase 2 in cash. The deadline for registration is August 31.
* Ho Chi Minh Stock Exchange on July 24 announced that Khanh Hoi Export Import Joint Stock Co (coded KHA) registered to sell the whole 1,374,369 fund shares from August 3 to November 3 to raise capital for its office building project at No 56 Van Don wharf in HCM City’s Dist 4.
* Hanoi Stock Exchange (HNX) plans to start listing additional one million government bonds issued by State Treasury— Ministry of Finance on July 29 with the G-bond code of CPB0912011. These G-bonds were issued on July 8 under the method of book entry, with three-year term. The coupon rate is posted at 9 percent per year.
* Hanoi Stock Exchange (HNX) recently announced to pay the interest of CP4A1903 G-bond issued by the Vietnam Development Bank (VDB) in 2009. The registration deadline is on July 30 and the payment date is on August 13 via the northern bourse.
* Hanoi Automobile and Motorbike Joint Stock Co has finished selling about 6 percent of its shares that the company holds in two companies of Huyndai Vinamotor JSC (HVC) and Vietnam Motor Can Tho JSC (VMCT) with selling price of 17,000 dong per share for VM Group. The three companies of VM Group, HVC and VMCT are the new member companies being established recently on the basis of splitting from Huyndai Vinamoto JSC (or formerly known as HVC)
* Phu Tai Joint Stock Co has announced that it earned net revenue of 536.591 billion dong, pre-tax profit of 13.971 billion dong and profit after tax of 11.127 billion dong. At present, the company’s chartered capital is 60 billion dong. The company’s located at No 278 Nguyen Thi Dinh st, Quy Nhon city, Binh Dinh province.
* Becamex Infrastructure Development Joint Stock Co (Becamex IJC) announced that the company reached net revenue of 73.605 billion dong in the first six months of 2009, and profit after tax of 26.858 billion dong, fulfilling 31.6 percent of the company’s year plan.
* Development Investment Construction Joint Stock Corp (DIC Group) has announced to reach the Q2 revenue of 502.34 billion dong, profit after tax of 189.9 billion dong, increasing 10.5 times against the previous quarter. The impressive increase in revenue and profit came from DIC Group that it earned from real estate sales.
* Panama’s Macosnar International Shipping Group recently opened a representative office in Vietnam. Macosnar is a qualified shipping registering company that offers services of consultancy, inspection, and registration for ships, as well as issues different types certificates about safety assurance during their journeys.
* In 09′s Q2 fiscal report released recently by Hochiminh Stock Exchange-listed Anh Duong Vietnam Joint Stock Co (Vinasun-coded VNS), the company’s revenue was 247.8 billion dong, up 5.62 percent as against the previous quarter and equalling to 127.73 percent compared with last year. VNS posted 30.25 billion dong of after tax profit in Q2, an increase of 76.85 percent compared to Q1.
* Vietnam Italy Steel Joint Stock Co (coded VIS) announced to gain accumulative production output of 108,600 tonnes of finished products, bringing in 884.878 billion dong in revenue and 130.096 billion dong in profit. In which, in Q2 only, the company reached profit of about 120 billion dong.
* Vietnam’s dairy producer-Vinamilk has recently introduced Vinamilk instant coffee including instant coffee 3in1, sugary instant black coffee 2in1 and instant milk coffee. In order to provide these products, Vinamilk invested a nearly $20 million factory covering on a site of 60,000 square metres in the southern province of Binh Duong. The factory being equipped with advanced production line has an estimated capacity of 1,500 tonnes/year.
* During the first haft this year, the total amount of goods delivered via Hai Phong Port reached 6.83 million tones or 49.5 percent of the year’s plan and equalling to 88.94 percent against last year’s figure. Its turnover was 408.33 billion dong in H1, fulfilling 51.04 percent of this year’s target and accounted for 87.19 percent compared to last year.
* Gas Petrolimex Joint Stock Co (coded PGC) announced to gain Q2 profit of 25.8 billion dong and accumulative profit in Jan-June of 39.5 billion dong. The company said that it has focused on implementing sales policies in order to increase the production output, and changing the commodity structure.
* Dry Cell and Storage Battery Joint Stock Co (Pinaco – coded PAC) has announced that the company earned total revenue in Jan-June of 636 billion dong, pre-tax profit of 101.2 billion dong, equal to 106 percent of the year plan and accumulative EPS of 5,490 dong per share.
* Vietnam Export Import Joint Stock Bank (Eximbank) on July 24 signed a technical service contract with Japan-based Sumitomo Mitsui Bank (SMBC)-one of the world’s leading banks on scope and prestige, in HCM City. Accordingly, SMBC will provide Eximbank modern bank administrative experience, equip advanced technology, build strong development strategy and speed up information application technology and securities system as well as develop utility services of a modern bank in order to increase competitive capacity with foreign and domestic banks.
* HCM City Housing Developing Commercial Joint Stock Bank (HDBank) has increased the dong deposit rate to 10.2 percent a year for 36 month term, marking the highest level in the market now. The strongest adjustment is by 0.5 percent/year for 12 month term deposit and longer.
* Saigon Commercial Joint Stock Bank (SCB) on July 24 announced it had increased the dong deposit rate by 0.2 percent a year for terms of from one week to 60 months Particularly, terms of 1-3 weeks will carry the deposit rate of 5.2 percent, 6.2 percent and 7.2 percent/yr respectively, 1-5 months at 8 percent, 8.1 percent, 8.3 percent, 8.4 percent and 8.45 percent/yr, 6-8 months at 8.55 percent and 9-60 months at 8.6 percent/year.