* The State Securities Commission has allowed An Giang Tourism Joint-Stock Co to withdraw itself from the list of public companies as the number of its shareholders has fallen to only 69.
* The Hanoi Stock Exchange on Monday allowed Quang Ninh Cement and Construction Shareholding Co (QNC) to list an additional 870,000 shares on the northern bourse.
* Hanoi Education Investment and Development Co (EID) has gained approval from the northern bourse operator to list eight million shares with a face value of 10,000 dong each.
* Vietnam Expressway Co yesterday failed to sell bonds guaranteed by the government. The company offered 500 billion dong worth of three year bonds, and another 500 billion dong worth of five-year bonds, which carried respective ceiling rate of 10 percent and 10.5 percent a year, while the bidding rate was one percentage point higher for both types.
* The operator of the cable car system in Tay Ninh’s Nui Ba, whose stock coded TCT is listed on the southern market, has gained approval from the Hochiminh Stock Exchange to list an additional 1.6 million shares on bourse.
* Dabaco Vietnam (DBC) on the northern bourse announced it had increased chartered capital to 188 billion dong from the previous 177 billion.
* Vietnam-Italy Steel Co (VIS) announced to have obtained 450 billion dong in revenue and 103 billion dong in after-tax profit in the second quarter of this year compared to respective figures of 386.8 billion dong and 10.3 billion dong in the first quarter of the year.
* HoangAnh Gia Lai JS Co announced its pre-tax profit in the second quarter at 412 billion dong, increasing by 14.6 percent from the previous quarter, largely owing to strong sales of apartments in two property projects in HCM City.
* Saigon general Service Co (SVC) announced to continue sale of its entire treasury stock of over 221,000 shares, having failed to offload any SVC shares in the registered period from June 24 to July 24.
* Sagon Telecommunication Joint Stock Co (Saigontel-coded SGT) has recently bought more 20 percent of chartered capital of Viendong (Far East) Vietnam Real Estate Joint Stock Co (Viendong Land), bringing Saigontel’s holding into the project to 60 percent stake and becoming the project’s major shareholder.
* Song Da Industrial Zone Development and Investment Joint Stock Co (coded SJS) has earned 75.76 billion dong of profit in Q2, increasing 7.85 times as against Q1 and 39 fold increase in comparison with 2008. SJS’s total revenue in Q2 was 167.57 billion dong, up 15.4 times compared to Q1 and 2.2 fold increase as against the same period last year.
* PetroVietnam Insurance Joint Stock Corp (coded PVI) and Vietnam Construction Investment and Export-Import Corp (Constrexim Holdings) have signed a comprehensive cooperation contract and investment memorandum to carry out the project of PVI Office Building.
* Nguyen Van Co, chair of management board of Viglacera Tu Son Joint Stock Co (coded VTS) said that the company gained H1 revenue of 38.283 billion dong, fulfilling 53.7 percent of the year plan and pre-tax profit of 10.31 billion dong, equal to 60.64 percent of the targeted plan.
* Ending the second quarter of this year, Hau Giang Pharmaceutical Joint Stock Co (coded DHG) fulfilled 52.8 percent of the 2009 revenue plan and 67.3 percent of profit target, reached 791.4 billion dong in net revenue, a year-on-year rise of 3.5 percent and a combined profit of 101 billion dong.
* Pha Lai Thermo Power Joint Stock Co (coded PPC) announced the second quarter business result with revenue of 1.162 trillion dong, a quarter on quarter growth of 67.6 billion dong or 6.2 percent, bringing the figure of Jan-June to more than 2.256 trillion dong.
* Hoa Hoi Joint Stock Co yesterday July 29 started construction on Hoa Hoi Industrial Zone in the central province of Binh Dinh, marking the fourth industrial zone in Binh Dinh province following industrial zones of Phu Tai, Long My and Nhon Hoa.
* Dat Quang Chu Lai Mineral Industries Joint Stock Co has been approved by Quang Nam Province to carry out titanium exploitation and afforestation projects on over 68 hectares near Chu Lai Airport in Nui Thanh District from now to mid- 2012.
* HCM City High-Tech Park Development Co has finished two nine-story blocks of 288 apartments for displaced families of the second expansion phase of the industrial park in District 9. The company this year has completed 448 such apartments and handed over 304 of them to the district government.
* HCM City Power Co is ready to supply power for enterprises in Nha Be District’s Hiep Phuoc Industrial Park (IP), via the grid of its subsidiary Tan Thuan Power Co., at a more reasonable price in line with government regulations, according to Nguyen Van Ly, deputy director of the company. Most companies in the IP had complained of the 25 percent higher power prices they were paying Hiep Phuoc Power Co., the sole power supplier for the IP till now, since September.
* Saigon Commercial Joint Stock Bank (SCB) has increased its chartered capital to over 3.6 trillion dong from nearly 3.3 trillion dong. This is the bank’s second capital increase in 2009.
* The Bank for Foreign Trade of Vietnam (Vietcombank) on July 28 received approval from the State Bank of Vietnam (SBV)’s governor to open its branches in provinces of Quang Tri, Tra Vinh, Bac Giang, Kon Tum and Phu Yen.