* After two years of construction, Cuu Long Pharmaceutical Joint Stock Co (coded DCL) would open its new, modern and well-equipped head office building with total area of 1,170 square metres, at No 150, September 14th St, Vinh Long city on May 29.
* The Vietnam National General Export Import Joint Stock Company No 1 (Generalexim) announced that in the first four months of this year, the company gained over $14 million of exported products, in which the value came from agri-products was posted at $13.5 million, technological products of over $558,400. Among the goods, coffee remained bringing the company highest turnover of $6.7 million.
* The head of Vietnam Railway Administration signed an EPC (Engineering, Procurement, and Construction) contract – bid package No 1 for project of Hanoi Urban Railway between Cat Linh-Ha Dong with Department 6 – China Railway Corp Co Ltd yesterday.
* Vietnam Renewable Energy Joint Stock Co (REVN) has successfully installed the first turbine of Binh Thuan wind turbine power plant in Tuy Phong dist, Binh Thuan province recently.
* Hanoi Alcohol, Beer and Beverage Joint Stock Corp (Habeco) would hold the 2009 sharesholder meeting on May 27 to announce its business plan of focusing on its key project of construction and putting into operation the Beer Factory in Me Linh in the last six months of this year.
* The Venezuela’s government has approved Venezuela Petroleum Corp (CVP) to form joint venture with PetroVietnam Exploration and Production Corp (PVEP), under Vietnam National Oil and Gas Group (PetroVietnam) to conduct oil surveying and drilling in Venezuela.
* Vinpeal Tourism and Trading Joint Stock Co (coded VPL) would change its official name into Vinpearlland Tourism JSC with the company’s strategic development plan of focusing on tourism only. This was approved by the shareholders in VPL’s 2009 annual shareholders meeting and the local authorities.
* Hanoi Securities Trading Centre (HASTC) on May 27 will organise a tender for 1.5 trillion dong of governmental bonds for Noi Bai Lao Cai expressway project issued by Vietnam Expressway Investment Development Co (VEC). The three year bonds will be issued on May 29, 2009 and fall mature on May 29, 2012.
* FPT Joint Stock Co (coded FPT) would pay in advance the first interim dividend of 10 percent this year, starting from June 26. The dividend would be paid in cash with the rate of 10 percent over the nominal value (equal to 1,000 dong per share) within this payment period.
* Ho Chi Minh Stock Exchange (STC) recently announced to close the list of shareholders of Da Nang Construction Building Materials and Cement JSC (coded DXV) to pay 2008 dividend by May 28.
* Till May 22, PVF’s market capitalisation reached 16.250 trillion dong, surpassing DPM and VNM to become the largest cap share code on the southern stock market and affect strongly to VN Index.
* For the purpose of providing customers with flexible capital support and reinforcing their business investment capacity, Kim Eng Vietnam Securities Co (KEVS) has lately cooperated with PetroVietnam Trade Union Finance Investment Corp (PVFI) to introduce the new supporting method for securities customers in KEVS.
* Saigon Thuong Tin Commercial Joint Stock Bank (Sacombank – coded STB) announced to gain pre-tax profit of about 491 billion dong in the first four months. The above-mentioned profit was not included the profit of the subsidiary companies.
* Vietnam Industrial and Commercial Joint Stock Bank or Vietinbank will organise the first shareholders meeting on June 4 to pass the plan of reaching over 2.5 trillion dong in 2009 profit. As targeted, the bank expects to earn revenue from interests of 20.636 trillion dong, down 2.03 percent year on year because of the sharply decelerating market rates and basic rates.
* ANZ Vietnam One Member Limited Bank would open six more transaction offices in Vietnam in the near future, in accordance with the bank’s plan for network development plan in the country.
* Maritime Commercial Joint Stock Bank (Maritime Bank) pledged to lend 500 billion dong to Vietnam Shipping Line Corp (Vinalines) under an agreement signed on May 20 in Hanoi.
* From August 21, Asia Commercial Joint Stock Bank or ACB will launch the promotion programme “Sending money today, just receiving plus interest rate” for customers sending money amount of at least five million dong with floating deposit rates.
* International Finance Corp (IFC) would gurantee for international payment commitments for An Binh Commercial Joint Stock Bank (ABBank) according to a commercial gurantee contract signed recently.