* The southern bourse-listed Saprodex Refrigeration Industry Joint Stock Co (coded SRF) has recently submitted application profile for issuing 130,000 shares. Those shares will be offered to the current employees.
* Recently, two firms of Vietnam Electricity Engineering Consulting Joint Stock Co No 1 (coded TV1) and Bien Hoa Package Joint Stock Co (HNX-listed SVI) have applied for listing additional 3.6 million shares.
* Vinalink International Freight Forwarders Co (VNL) has announced August 29 as the ex-dividend date to advance 2011 first round dividend in cash for shareholders at 7 percent.
* Lam Thao Fertilisers and Chemicals Joint Stock Co has withdrawn its listing application from the Hochiminh Stock Exchange as it wants to switch to the northern bourse.
* Vietnam Container Shipping Co (VSC) has announced August 29 as the ex-dividend date for shareholders to receive 2011 first round dividend in cash at 20 percent.
* Phuoc Hoa Rubber Co (PHR) has bought back one million PHR shares for treasury while PetroVietnam Drilling and Well Co (PVD) has plans to buy back one million PVD shares for treasury.
* Traphaco Co (TRA) will begin trading an additional 158,000 shares on the southern bourse on August 31 while Everpia Vietnam Co (EVE) has gained approval to float 7.6 million more shares on the bourse.
* Manulife Progressive Fund (MAFPFl) has announced its net asset value per unit by August 18 at 6,041 dong, down 254 dong from the previous week.
* Cuu Long Petro Gas Transportation Co ( PERCENT) has gained approval to trade 23 million shares on the Hanoi Stock Exchange.
* Produce and Trading Metal Co (KKC) has announced August 29 as the ex-dividend date to pay 2010 dividend in cash for shareholders at 22 percent.
* The northern bourse-listed PetroVietnam Nghe An Construction Joint Stock Co (coded PVA) has lately released the business reports of Q2 with net profit of 7.25 billion dong.
* In the first seven months of 2011, Anh Duong Vietnam Joint Stock Co (STC-listed VNS) reported gaining total revenue of 1.262 trillion dong, after tax profit of 72.3 billion dong, fulfilling 62.6 percent and 44.8 percent respectively of the year plan.
* Tien Len Steel Group Joint Stock Co (TLH) has recently reported its consolidated business results for the second quarter of this year with 790 billion dong net revenue, down 14.8 percent from the same period last year.
* Hoang Quan Real Estate Joint Stock Corp (HQC) has recently reported the unconsolidated business results for Q2 with profit after tax (PAT) at over eight billion dong, increasing slightly 5 percent from the same period last year.
* Lam Son Sugar and Sugarcane Joint Stock Co (LSS) has recently announced the consolidated business results in the second quarter of this year with net revenue at over 555 billion dong, rising 74 percent year-on-year.
* Khang Dien Housing Investment and Trading Joint Stock Co (coded KDH) has released the business reports for the first half of 2011 with total net profit of 19.7 billion dong, equivalent to 25 percent of the same period last year and fulfilling 10 percent of the year plan.
* PetroVietnam Technical Services Joint Stock Corp (HNX-listed PVS) released the audited financial reports for the first six months of this year with net profit of 424.43 billion dong, fulfilling 60.6 percent of the whole year profit plan.
* In the Q2 consolidated business reports of Vietnam Electricity Construction Joint Stock Co (coded VNE), the company reported suffering from loss of 20.7 billion dong, decreasing by half in comparison with the loss in previous release of 57.39 billion dong.
* Bong Sen Joint Stock Co (Bong Sen Corp) announced to finish raising chartered capital on August 19, 2011.
* The New Zealand-based Miraka Powder Milk Plant has been put into in August 2011. Vietnam Dairy Joint Stock Co (Vinamilk – coded VNM) has joined the capital contribution to build the plant previously.
* UPCoM-listed 3-2 Construction Investment Joint Stock Co (C32) has recently reported the business results for the first six months of this year with 36.7 billion dong profit before tax, rising 32 percent from the same period last year.
* OPC Pharmaceutical Joint Stock Co (coded OPC) released to gain H1 pre-tax profit of 33 billion dong, fulfilling 56 percent of the year plan.
* Licogi 16 Joint Stock Co (coded LCG) has announced to gain Jan-June net revenue and consolidated profit of over 1.072 trillion dong and 209.48 billion dong respectively, a sharp increase of 100 percent against the same period last year.
* Viglacera Dong Trieu Joint Stock Co (coded DTC) has lately released the explanation for the sharp decline of 25.3 percent in Q2 pre tax profit.
* Japan-based Unicharm Corporation will spend some $128 million to acquire all shares of Diana Vietnam Joint Stock Co this year, according to The Nikkei.
* Vinatex Mart posted an increase of only 16 percent in turnover in the first half of the year due to falling demand.
* SEEN Technologies Corporation has commenced building a wastewater treatment facility at Thot Not Industrial Park. Covering 13,000 square meters, the plant has total capital of around 80.7 billion dong and a treatment capacity of 5,000 cubic meters per day.
* The city’s Investment and Construction Projects Management Unit has been picked as investor of a project to build wastewater treatment systems for local medical centres.
* Phu Nhuan Jewellery Co (PNJ) has decided to establish a branch in Tay Ninh Province.
* Starting from August 20, 2011, HCM City Housing Development Commercial Joint Stock Bank (HDBank) officially launched new products of “Tiet kiem euro” or savings in euros.
* The Joint Stock Commercial Bank for Foreign Trade of Vietnam (Vietcombank) has lately cooperated with M-Service to launch the new online payment services of Momo e-wallets.
* Vietnam Export Import Commercial Joint Stock Bank (Eximbank-EIB) on August 24 launched “Tai tro xuat khau bang dong voi lai suat uu dai” and “Tai tro xuat khau bang dong voi lai suat ngoai te” programmes whereby the bank will offer loans in dong with preferential interest rate to support exporters.
* Bank for Investment and Development of Vietnam (BIDV) has proposed Vietnam Customs collect taxes electronically in Hanoi and Da Nang City and in four other provinces. BIDV has finished connecting its software to the local customs departments and the software training course.
* Prudential Vietnam reports its new business premium of 615 billion dong in the first half this year, about $30 million, up 21.2 percent from the same period last year. Its total premium income increased to 2.8 trillion dong, about $137 million, rising 12.3 percent year-on-year and accounting for 38 percent of the market share in Vietnam, The company’s total assets had amounted to 30 trillion dong by late June, up 13.3 percent year-on-year.
* The Hanoi branch of First Commercial Bank has gained approval for providing foreign exchange services in the country.
* Vietnam Export Import Commercial Bank has won central bank approval to raise its chartered capital from 10.5 trillion dong to 12.3 trillion dong while Bac A Commercial Bank has been allowed to serve as an insurance agent.