* BIDV Securities Joint Stock Co (coded BSI) announced that in the first six months, the company reported gaining accumulative revenue of 78.4 billion dong, profit of over 6 billion dong and total asset value of 2.03 trillion dong.
* Hochiminh Stock Exchange (STC) announced on July 18 about listing and trading additional shares of My Chau Printing and Packaging Joint Stock Co (coded MCP).
* The State Securities Commission (SSC) announced to receive the documents submitted by Fecon Technical Foundation and Underground Works Joint Stock Co about the plan of issuing shares to pay dividend for shareholders, using the company’s unallocated profit.
* VNDirect Securities Joint Stock Co (VNDirect-VND) has recently announced the fiscal report in the second quarter of this year with a strong fall in revenue from 169 billion dong in Q2 2010 to 74 billion dong.
* Hanoi Stock Exchange (HNX) would hold the tender session for additional 4 trillion dong G-bonds on July 21, 2011. The bonds would be issued by the State Treasury.
* Cavico Infrastructure Development Joint Stock Co (Cavicoid) has released the resolution approved in the 2011 shareholders meeting about preparing for listing shares on Hanoi Stock Exchange (HNX). In the meeting, the participants also passed the company’s year plan with targeted revenue of 68.51 billion dong, profit of 3.59 billion dong.
* Chuong Duong Corp (CDC) has announced July 27 as the ex-dividend date for shareholders to receive 2010 dividend in cash at 10 percent, stock dividend at the 10:1 ratio and bonus shares at the 10:1 ratio.
* Ba Ria-VungTau House Development Co (HDC) will trade 4.5 million additional shares on the southern bourse on July 26.
* Dat Phuong Nam Construction and Investment Joint Stock Co has acquired 720,000 shares of Saigon Cable Corp (CSG) to spur its ownership from 5 percent to 7.4 percent.
* Tien Giang Construction and Investment Co (THG) will begin trading eight million shares on the Hochiminh Stock Exchange on July 28 at the reference price of 25,000 dong each.
* Da Nang Construction Building Materials and Cement Co (DXV) has announced July 26 as the ex-dividend date to pay 2010 dividend in cash for shareholders at 8 percent.
* Phuong Nam Securities Co has established a branch in Hanoi’s Dong Da District.
* Dien Quang Co (DQC) will buy back 1.2 million DQC shares as treasury shares from July 20 to December 31.
* Vietnam Cotton Joint Stock Co has gained approval to trade five million shares on the Hanoi Stock Exchange.
* Doan Xa Port Co (DXP) has been allowed to trade 2.6 million additional shares on the northern bourse.
* Xuan Thanh Securities Co (VIX) obtained 11.5 billion dong in revenue in the second quarter of 2011, a 32 percent year-on-year decline.
* For the fear of Thai government’s changes on rice policy, many customers have switched to buy rice from Vietnam, according to Vietnam Food Association (VFA).
* Binh An Seafood Joint Stock Co (Bianfishco) has said that in the fiscal year 2011 it expects to gain 2.133 trillion dong revenue, up 83 percent against 2010′s actualised figure.
* The northern bourse-listed Long An Textbook and Education Equipment Joint Stock Co (coded LBE) released the H1 profit of 770 million dong, declining by 28.7 percent against the same period last year.
* Le Huy Lan, general director of Coma 18 Joint Stock Co (coded CIG) announced that in the first six months of this year, the company reported gaining total revenue of 60 billion dong and profit of 6 billion dong.
* Vietnam National Oil and Gas Group (PetroVietnam – coded PVN) yesterday officially kicked off construction project of Quang Trach 1 Thermo Power Plant, a part of Quang Trach Electricity Centre situated in Vinh Son Hamlet, Quang Dong Commune, Quang Trach Dist, Quang Binh province.
* Nguyen Van Ky, general director of An Giang Fisheries Import-Export Joint Stock Co (Agifish – coded AGF) announced that up to the end of June, Agifish’s export turnover was posted at $47.5 million, fulfilling 67.8 percent of the year plan.
* PetroVietnam Equipment Assembly and Metal Structure Joint Stock Co (coded PXS) has released the business results after the first six months this year. In Q2, the company reported gaining total revenue of 209.55 billion dong, and after tax profit of 28.168 billion dong.
* CMC Investment Joint Stock Co (coded CMC) has released the Q2 financial reports with total revenue of 3.207 billion dong, down 78.8 percent against the same period last year. The company’s Q2 after tax profit was posted at 298 million dong, down 95.2 percent year-on-year.
* Vegetable Port Joint Stock Co (VGP) has recently announced the business results in the second quarter of this year with net revenue of 101.47 billion dong, up 70 percent from the same period last year, bringing the total figure in Jan-Jun to over 118 billion dong, or 62 percent of the year’s plan.
* As of June 30, 2011, FPT Information System Joint Stock Co (FPT IS) fulfilled 100 percent of the H1′s revenue plan with nearly 1.61 trillion dong revenue, growing 16 percent over the same period last year and 38 percent of the year’s target.
* The main investor in Long Binh Industrial Park, Bien Hoa City officially signed the contract for designing and constructing the two manufactories sited in the industrial park with Uni-Bros E&C under Tu Hai Joint Stock Co (Uni-Bros). The manufactories will be sited in the plot for chemical factories in Road No 7, Long Binh Industrial Park, Bien Hoa City, Dong Nai province. The construction works were expected to last for 120 days, excluding the designing period and approval.
* HUD4 Investment and Construction Joint Stock Co (HUD4) has currently approved the 2011 year plan in the latest annual general meeting with targeted revenue of 987 billion dong, pre-tax profit of 140 billion dong and dividend payment of 16 percent at minimum.
* Four enterprises taking out soft loans to carry out last year’s price stabilisation programme in Hanoi have been punished by the capital city’s government due to a delay in refunding the capital. The enterprises are Cau Giay Trade IS Co, Lan Chi Business One-Member Limited Co, Food Export JSC, and Minh Hien JSC.
* Phat Dat Property Development JSC has been awarded a certificate to invest in Bau Giang and Bau Ca Residential projects. The Bau Giang project costs nearly 7 trillion dong while the Bau Ca one costs 1.6 trillion dong, both with a combined area of 112,000 square meters.
* general Electric has signed a contract with Cong Ly Trade and Tourism Limited Co to provide 10 sets of wind turbines and support operation for the first stage ofBac Lieu wind power plant project.
* A project on upgrading the infrastructure of Phu Bai Industrial Park for the fourth stage in Huong Thuy Town has been started. Constructed by Trung Quy – Hue Investment JSC, the project covers over 500 hectares with investment of 980 billion dong.
* Vietnam Steel Corporation (VNSteel) targets to gain total industrial production value of 7.3 trillion dong and turnout 2.7 million dong tonnes of rolled steel in the rest of this year.
* Vien Thong A electronic store chain has launched a three-day promotion ended yesterday, offering 15,000 cell phones of the models Nokia 1208 and Samsung E1050 at five of its stores in HCM City at the price of 149,000 dong a unit.
* Book and Educational Equipment Co in HCM City (STC) in the first six months of 2011 obtained 86.2 billion dong in revenue and 3.3 billion dong in pre-tax profit.