* In the annual general meeting (AGM), the shareholders of NET Detergent Joint Stock Co (coded NET) have approved the 2011 dividend rates at 50 percent. The dividend would be paid in cash on June 30, 2012.
* The majority of foreign investment funds in Vietnam have reportedly enjoyed remarkable increase in net asset value (NAV) in the last quarter, according to the reported released by Edmond De Rothschild Securities Ltd on 3 April.
* Hanoi Stock Exchange (HNX) announced to hold the tender session on April 16, 2012 for bidding the government guaranteed bonds valued at 6 trillion dong. The bonds would be issued by the State Treasury.
* Sacom Development and Investment Joint Stock Corp (SAM) have recently registered to sell all 9.26 million CSG shares of Saigon Cable Joint Stock Co (or 34.6 percent stake) from February 3 to April 2 to restructure its investment portfolio.
* Saigon-Hanoi Securities Joint Stock Co (coded SHS) on April 6 organised its annual general meeting (AGM) in Hanoi to pass this year business plan with 344 billion dong revenue, rising 152 percent from 2011 and pre tax profit at 50.6 billion dong.
* Vincom Joint Stock Co (coded VIC) has recently said that a part of its $185 million worth of overseas convertible bonds have been listed and traded on Singapore Exchange (SGX) since April 4.
* Japan-Vietnam Medical Equipment Joint Stock Co (coded JVC) has recently announced the transaction results of its majority shareholder namely Vietnam Holding Limited.
* In the annual general meeting (AGM), the shareholders of Da Nang Education Investment and Development Joint Stock Co (coded DAD) have approved the 2012 business plan with targeted revenue of 95 billion dong, pre-tax profit of 13 billion dong, up 6 percent and 3 percent respectively against 2011. The company would retain the 2012 dividend rates at 16 percent.
* Thanh Hoa Beer Joint Stock Co (HNX-listed THB) announced to set April 16 as the registration deadline to close the shareholders list for paying 2011 dividend in cash.
* The management board of Hong Ha Petroleum Joint Stock Co (HNX-listed PHH) has agreed to transfer 100 percent of chartered capital in Hong Ha Thanh Cong one-member Co Ltd
* The shareholders of Western Coach Station Joint Stock Co (HNX-listed WCS) approved for paying 2011 dividend in cash at 30 percent ratio in the annual general meeting (AGM) held recently.
* The Seafood Joint Stock Co No 4 (coded TS4) held the annual general meeting (AGM) yesterday. In the meeting, the company’s shareholders approved the 2011 business results and worked out 2012 year plan.
* Chile’s CFR International SPA has become the biggest shareholder of Domesco Medical Import Export Corp (DMC) by acquiring a stake of over 44 percent in the latter.
* Thang Long Securities Co has offloaded over 174,000 shares of Phu Tai Company (PTB), or a 2 percent stake in the enterprise.
* Saigon E-Xim Investment Joint Stock Co. has acquired over 50.3 million shares of Saigon ThuongTin Commercial Bank (STB) to secure a 5.17 percent stake in the enterprise.
* PetroVietnam Securities Inc (PSI) has closed three branches in Hanoi, Thanh Hoa and Nghe An provinces.
* Long Hau Corporation (LHG) has decided to divest 12.5 million shares, or a 25 percent stake, in Bourbon An Hoa Joint Stock Company.
* Hai Duong Pump Manufacturing Co (CTB) has announced April 17 as the ex-dividend date to pay 20 11 dividend in cash for shareholders at 20 percent.
* An Phat Securities Co (APG) was put into the watch list from last Friday for incurring losses of over 37.8 billion dong last year while Thanh Thanh Co (TTC) was put out of the list as it reported 2.7 billion dong in after tax profit.
* Vietnam Construction and Import-Export Corporation (VCG) has gained approval in principle to float an additional 141 million shares on the northern bourse.
* This year, Nam Bay Bay Investment Joint Stock Co (coded NBB) has set target to gain whole year revenue of 780.87 billion dong, up 86 percent against 2011, and after tax profit of 216.64 billion dong, three times higher year-on-year.
* Ho Guom Garment Joint Stock Co, the investor of Ho Guom Plaza project announced to officially open the new sales offices and model apartments on April 10, 2012. At the same time, the company would start offering the products in mid April.
* Van Phat Hung Real Estate Exchange, under Van Phat Hung Co has currently offered the products in CTC Residential Quarter project in Truong Luu St, Long Truong Ward, Dist 9, HCM City. The residential quarter was 0.5 kilometres far away from Long Thanh-Dau Giay Expressway that was supposed to be finished in 2013, 8.5 kilometres from Long Phuoc Island Recreation Complex and 7.5 kilometres from Thu Duc Golf Course.
* Vinaconex Investment and Tourism Development Joint Stock Co (Vinaconex ITC) has lately offered the Holiday View Cat Ba Hotel sited in Cat Ba Town, Cat Hai Dist, Hai Phong city for sales at offering price of 70 billion dong (VAT exclusive).
* Song Da Trading and Industry Joint Stock Co (coded STP) has recently announced the document for its coming annual general meeting (AGM) (scheduled on April 14) whereby the company would pay 2011 dividend at 15 percent.
* Chiem Hoa hydropower plant management board announced yesterday that the first turbine of the green hydropower plant in Vietnam would be officially put into operation by the end of April.
* The management board of Binh Duong Trading and Development Joint Stock Co (coded TDC) has recently approved for adjusting the 2012 business plan.
* Cotec Construction Joint Stock Co (coded CTD) lately announced to become the contractor for two large-scale projects with total bidding value of over 620 billion dong.
* Imexpharm Pharmaceutical Joint Stock Co (coded IMP) has released 2012 business plan with total revenue of 890 billion dong, pre-tax profit of 115 billion dong, increasing by 13 percent in revenue and 4.5 percent in profit in comparison with 2011 business results.
* Thai Binh Department of Industry and Trade has said that it is expected that, Thai Binh 1 thermo power plant invested by Electricity of Vietnam group (EVN) will be kicked off construction in the third quarter of 2012.
* HCM City Power Corp has recently proposed HCM City People’s Committee to receive loans from official development assistance (ODA) capital for the city’s infrastructure development to carry out underground power grid development.
* HTC last Friday introduced in Vietnam two One series Android smart phones, quad core phone OneXandmid -range device One V. Running on the Android operating system and equipped with the Beats Audio technology, ‘these two smart phones are sold at the price of 16.5 million dong and 7.5 million dong respectively.
* Herbalife, a global nutrition company, will sponsor nutritional food and provide specialised nutrition consulting for Vietnamese athletes participating in the London 2012 Olympic Games, helping the athletes obtain high achievements.
* South Korea’s low-cost carrier Jeju Airlines has become the fourth airline servicing the Seoul-HCM City route. The flights using the 190-seat Airbus A321 aircraft will depart at 0:20am in HCM City and arrive at Incheon Airport at 7:40am local time every day while the return flight will leave Incheon at 8:05pm local time and land at HCM City at 11:20.
* CMC Telecom Infrastructure Joint Stock Company (CMC TI) has officially introduced GigaNetHome, an Internet service based on the cable television in Hanoi City.
* Vietnam Railway Corporation has kicked of construction of the first construction package No. 1A worth around 1.2 trillion dong of the Hanoi-HCM City Railway Line Bridges Safety Improvement Project. The package consists of a railway section in Ninh Binh City and Nam Dinh Province’s Y Yen District and will be completed after three years of construction. Once all components of the project are completed, the north-south train duration can be reduced by up to five hours.
* Sacom Development and Investment Corporation (SAM) targets to obtain 1.4 trillion dong in revenue and 205.9 billion dong in pre-tax profit in 2012.
* Cat Loi Company (CLC) targets to obtain over 1.5 trillion dong in revenue and 60 billion dong in pre-tax profit, and pay dividend for shareholders at 20 percent this year.
* The central bank has allowed Vietnam Bank for Industry and Trade to stop operation of its Long Thanh branch in Dong Nai Province.