* Lilama 3 Joint Stock Co (coded LM3) has lately released the documents to be submitted in the upcoming annual general meeting (AGM) held on April 20, 2012.
* The southern bourse-listed PetroVietnam Equipment Assembly and Metal Structure Joint Stock Co (coded PXS) has lately approved the 2012 targeted business plan with total revenue of 1.628 trillion dong and after tax profit of 112.5 billion dong. The company plans to pay 2012 dividend at 15 percent.
* In the latest annual general meeting (AGM), Vinaconex Investment and Tourism Development Joint Stock Co (HNX-listed VCR) has passed the 2012 year plan with targeted revenue of 81.5 billion dong and pre-tax profit of 5.1 billion dong, a year-on-year decline of 75 percent. The company plans to pay no dividend in 2011 and 2012.
* The northern bourse-listed Ocean Hotel and Services Joint Stock Co (coded OCH) announced to set April 17 as the registration deadline to close the shareholders list for advancing 2011 dividend in cash.
* Viet Dragon Securities Joint Stock Co (coded VDS) announced to hold the annual general meeting on April 18, 2012 for seeking approval among the shareholders about the 2012 business plan.
* Vietnam Railway Transportation Services Joint Stock Co (VRTS) has released information about 2011 dividend payment schedule.
* PetroVietnam Finance Corp has offloaded over 2 million shares of PetroVietnam Fertiliser and Chemicals Corporation (DPM).
* ABC International Group Joint Stock Co has bought over 595,000 shares of Meca Vneco Investment and Electricity Construction Co (VES) to spur its ownership from 6.7 percent to 13.4 percent.
* Chuong Duong Beverage Co (SCD) has announced April 18 as the ex-dividend date for shareholders to receive 2011 dividend in cash at 15 percent.
* Vietnam Holding Limited has acquired over 255,000 shares of Japan Vietnam Medical Instrument Co. (JVC).
* ACB Growth Fund (ACBGF) has announced its net asset value per unit by April 5 at 11,105 dong, inching up 29 dong against the previous week.
* The State Treasury will offer VND6 trillion worth of two-three- and five-year government bonds via an auction at the Hanoi Stock Exchange on April 16.
* Vang Danh Coal Company (TVD) has announced April 16 as the ex-dividend date to pay 2011 dividend in cash for shareholders at 18 percent.
* The southern bourse-listed OPC Pharmaceutical Joint Stock Co (coded OPC) released the 2012 business plan with targeted revenue of 450 billion dong, pre-tax profit of 65 billion dong. The company would pay 2012 dividend at 20 percent, equalling to that of 2011.
* The HNX-listed Development Investment Construction Joint Stock Co No 2 (coded DC2) approved for lowering the 2012 targeted revenue to 110 billion dong, down 20 percent against that of 2011. The company would pay 2012 dividend at 15 percent ratio.
* Duc Khai Joint Stock Co has recently announced the schedule for completion of nine flat blocks of Phu My resettlement area (The Era Town), District 7, HCM City with a total volume of more than 3,000 apartments.
* Danapha Pharmaceutical Joint Stock Co (Danapha) has released the 2012 business plan with targeted production output value of 160 billion dong, revenue of 300 billion dong and pre-tax profit of 33 billion dong.
* Thu Duc Trading and Import-Export Joint Stock Co (coded TMC) has lately estimated to reach Q1 profit of over 7 billion dong. The company would release the Q1 business reports later.
* Phuoc Hoa Rubber Joint Stock Co (coded PHR) has recently released the Q2 business plan with targeted production output of 3,120 tonnes of latex, fulfilling 16 percent of targeted year plan. The company has prepared for conducting the new rubber tree plantation project in Cambodia at present.
* Vu Van Tinh, general director of Song Da 10 Joint Stock Co (coded SDT) revealed that in Q1, the company estimated to reach total revenue of 181.4 billion dong and profit of 18.5 billion dong, much lower than the targeted plan because of high lending costs.
* Hoa Binh Real Estate Trading and Construction Joint Stock Co (coded HBC) has said that it won bidding packages for three new projects including the bidding package 3 for high-rise building block T6-T7-T10 of Times City project (Hanoi), construction bidding package for foundation and basement section of Crystal Palace project (HCM City) and a construction bidding package for body, crude building and completion for Vietnam Technological and Commercial Joint Stock Bank (Techcombank)’s branch office in Can Tho city.
* Vinh Phuc Infrastructure Development Joint Stock Co (coded IDV) has recently released the Jan-March business results with total revenue of 15.3 billion dong, of which financial revenue counted for 8.3 billion dong, and pre-tax profit of 5.15 billion dong.
* Diamond Plaza has closed and will not reopen until Saturday due to annual maintenance and upgrades. Opened in 2000 by a joint venture between Construction Corporation No 1 (CCl) and South Korea’s POSCO Engineering & Construction Co. Diamond Plaza is a 20-floor complex department store, which also has offices for lease and luxury apartments.
* Nokia on Sunday signed a cooperation agreement with two local schools namely Post & Telecommunications Institute of Technology and Hanoi University of Science and Technology. Under the agreement, Nokia will set up Mobile Innosphere Centers at the two universities to help students directly participate in developing creative applications and promote their applications on Nokia Store.
* FPT Telecom has sued Vinacom Vietnam Investment Trading Joint Stock Co for over 3 billion dong from a purchase contract and compensation damages of over 148 million dong after a number of unsuccessful negotiations over faulty fiber cables that FPT Telecom bought in 2010.
* Canadian-based Blue Diamond Technologies Ltd has signed a memorandum of understanding with the northern province of Thai Nguyen on investing in projects producing ethanol, treating waste and producing pharmaceutical products.
* Metro Cash & Carry has opened a new wholesale centre in Dak Lak Province which is also the firm’s 17th wholesale centre in Vietnam. Covering over two hectares, Metro Buon Ma Thuot provides around 22,000 products with domestically-produced goods accounting for 95 percent.
* Thien Tan Investment Construction Joint Stock Co and Quang Ngai Province’s Department of Transport on Sunday opened the 9.7-kilometre Duc Pho Bypass in Quang Ngai Province after nearly 40 months of construction under the build-operate-transfer (BOT) format, and total investment of over 600 billion dong.
* Viettel Telecom has started to supply 1.3 million ten-digit mobile phone numbers starting with 096 at all stores and agents ofViettel nationwide, and with these new numbers, customers can use both pre-paid and post-paid packages.
* Binh Duong Trade and Development Co (TDC) targets to obtain 2.9 trillion dong in revenue and 214 billion dong in after-tax profit this year.
* PetroVietnam general Services Corporation (PET) targets to obtain 10 trillion dong in revenue and 240 billion dong in pre-tax profit in 2012.
* Immediately after the State Bank of Vietnam (SBV) announced to cut down key rates as from April 11, Vietnam Export Import Commercial Joint Stock Bank (Eximbank-EIB) said to lower the lending rate from April 11.
* Vietnam Maritime Commercial Bank launched a promotion programme to give gifts for customers with transactions of at least 200,000 dong made via mobile banking service. The programme will run till June 3. The bank has also been appointed as service bank for the Danang-Quang Ngai expressway development project funded by World Bank.
* Vietnam Bank for Industry and Trade continues to slash lending rates ofloans in the fields of export, agriculture, supporting industry and those for small and medium-sized enterprises to 14-15 percent per annum. Meanwhile, the lender offers a 12 percent rate for customers joining the temporary rice reserve in the 2011-2012 winter-spring crop.