* The southern bourse-listed Cat Loi Joint Stock Co (coded CLC) announced to close the shareholders list on April 26 for paying 2011 dividend.
* Viet Dragon Securities Joint Stock Co (coded VDS) held the annual general meeting (AGM) on April 18, 2012. In the meeting, the participants approved the 2012 year plan with targeted revenue of 147.73 billion dong and pre-tax profit of 38.3 billion dong.
* Ha Tien Packaging Joint Stock Co (Hakipak) held the annual general meeting (AGM) recently, approving the 2011 business results. Accordingly, the company reported gaining 2011 revenue of 200 billion dong, after tax profit of 12.1 billion dong and paid dividend at 21 percent.
* Cho Lon Real Estate Joint Stock Co (coded RCL) has released the resolution approved in the recent annual general meeting (AGM).
* Hoa Binh Construction and Real Estate Trading Joint Stock Co (coded HBC) announced to submit the plan of raising chartered capital for approval among the shareholders. In details, the company planned to allocate bonus shares for existing shareholders at applied ratio of 1:1, together with paying 2011 dividend in shares at 20 percent and in cash at 10 percent.
* Ha Tay Pharmaceutical Joint Stock Co (coded DHT) has released the documents to be submitted for approval in the upcoming annual general meeting (AGM) to be held on April 26, 2012. In details, the company aimed to obtain whole year revenue of 660 billion dong, pre-tax profit of 24 billion dong and pay dividend at 20 percent.
* Refrigeration Electrical Engineering Corporation (REE) has registered to sell five million treasury shares between April 27 and May 11.
* Vietnam Commercial Bank for Industry and Trade (CTG) will trade an additional 117.9 million shares on the southern bourse on April 27.
* National Seed Company (NSC) has announced May 3 as the ex-dividend date to pay 2011 second round dividend in cash for shareholders at 20 percent.
* Construction Company No 12 (V12) has announced April 25 as the ex-dividend date for shareholders to receive 2011 dividend in cash at 12 percent.
* Hoa Phat Group (HPG) announced that last month, Hoa Phat Steel has made record for steel sales volume with over 72,000 tonnes, increasing by 40.3 percent against the same period of 2011 and surpassing the targeted plan by 23 percent.
* Thai Hoa Vietnam Group Joint Stock Co (coded THV) announced to hold the annual general meeting (AGM) on May 5, 2012. In the meeting, the group would seek approval from the shareholders for 2012 business plan with targeted revenue of 3 trillion dong and pre-tax profit of 100 billion dong.
* Tasco Joint Stock Co (coded HUT) has estimated to gain profit of 18-20 billion dong in Q1. This year, the company set targets to reach whole year revenue of 1.5 trillion dong, of which construction revenue counted for 900 billion dong and revenue from trading real estate of 130 billion dong.
* PetroVietnam Machinery Technology Joint Stock Co (PVMachino), under PetroVietnam Energy Corp has recently approved the 2011 business results and 2012 year plan in the annual general meeting (AGM). In details, the company reported gaining whole year revenue of 1.781 trillion dong (in comparison with targeted year plan of 1.35 trillion dong), after tax profit of 75.5 billion dong, fulfilling 98 percent of profit plan.
* De Tam Joint Stock Co (coded DTA) has recently got approval from Kien Giang province people’s committee for general plan of building Dataco Phu Quoc Villa Complex, with ratio of 1/500.
* Hung Hai Group and Paribas Bank – Tokyo branch officially announced on April 20, 2012 to sign the credit contract valued at 7.1 billion yen (over $87 million) for Nam Na 3 Hydropower Plant project situated in Sin Ho Dist, Lai Chau province, under the insurance of NEXI -Japan.
* Saigon Fishing Net Joint Stock Co (coded SFN) has released the Q1 business results with net revenue of 44.48 billion dong, declining by 50 million dong against the same period last year.
* The Construction Joint Stock Co No 2 (Vinaconex2 – coded VC2) has released the Q1 financial reports with total net revenue of 143 billion dong, up 5.3 percent against the same period last year.
* An Phat Garment Joint Stock Co, the member company of Nha Be Garment Joint Stock Corp, has lately kicked off construction works on Hoai An garment factory located in Doc Truong Soi Industrial Complex, Tang Bat Ho Town, Hoai An Dist, Binh Dinh province. The project had investment capital of 50 billion dong.
* After two years of construction, Phuc Long Investment and Construction Co Ltd (TVP) has officially inaugurated the Phuc Long Industrial Park situated at No 400 National Highway No 1A, Ben Luc Town, Ben Luc Dist, Long An province.
* In the annual general meeting (AGM) of PetroVietnam Technical Services Joint Stock Corp (coded PVS) held on April 20, Nguyen Hung Dung, the corporation’s general director stated that PVS would keep 51 percent of majority stakes in the member companies that supply core services.
* As planned, in June 2012, the Japan-based Kyocera Group would kick off construction works on a new mobile phone and electronic components manufactory to be sited in Thang Long 2 Industrial Zone, Hung Yen province. The manufactory would be located in an area of 89,000 square metres.
* Licogi 13 Joint Stock Co (coded LIG) has lately held the annual general meeting (AGM), in which the participants have approved the 2012 business plan with targeted revenue of 1 trillion dong, declining by 16 percent against the previous year, after tax profit of 51.3 billion dong, up 0.7 percent and dividend rates of 15 percent.
* Big C supermarket chain has launched six promotion programmes with discounts ranging from 5 percent to 50 percent for over 1,700 products, including home appliances, clothes and other essential products, until May 13.
* TD Corporation has organised a topping-out ceremony of the 29th storey of the Costa Nha Trang, a high -end apartment-hotel project in Nha Trang City. The $147 million project comprises a five-star hotel with 308 rooms and The Costa Nha Trang Residences with 244 luxury apartments. The apartments are priced at 42 million dong to 60 million dong per square metre.
* Friesland Campina Vietnam on Wednesday announced that the selling prices of all its Friso powdered milk products remain unchanged. This is thanks to the dairy firm’s effort in controlling costs and improving production efficiency over the past time in response to the price stabilisation policy though input costs have risen since last year.
* Bkav Corporation on Wednesday started offering a free tool for detecting and removing Flashback, a virus which targets Apple’s Mac laptops. It is downloadable from www.bkav.com.vn/FlashbackkemoualTool. To completely prevent the virus, users need to use the security updates at http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1222.
* Drilling Fluids Corporation has commissioned a 173.92 billion dong plant covering 26,000 square meters in CaiMep Industrial Park, Ba Ria-VungTau Province. The facility produces cement, bentonite and silica flour for the oil and gas industry.
* Dat Xanh Mien Trung Joint Stock Company has launched a sale of terraced houses and canal-side villas in Ham Vang urban area in Da Nang City’s Lien Chieu District. The price is 3.6 million dong per square metre.
* Song Da 1.01 Company (SIC) obtained 1.2 billion dong in after-tax profit in the first quarter of this year, a 76 percent year-on-year decline.
* Thu Duc Water Supply Company (TDW) targets to obtain 354 billion dong in revenue and 25 billion dong in pre-tax profit in 2012.
* Vietnam Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (Agribank) has recently reported that as of March 31, 2012, its total outstanding loans reached 443.478 trillion dong, of which, the total loans for the field of agriculture and rural area accounted for nearly 70 percent, or over 301 trillion dong.
* Vietnam Commercial Joint Stock Bank for Foreign Trade (Vietcombank-VCB) has recently reported the business results for the first quarter of 2012 with net interest income of nearly 3.232 trillion dong, rising 17.53 percent over the same period last year.
* The Bank for Investment and Development of Vietnam (Bidv) yesterday held a ceremony to mark its 55th anniversary of establishment.
* Southeast Asia Commercial Joint Stock Bank (SeABank) has said that it would spare two trillion dong worth of soft loans to support small and medium sized enterprises (SMEs) in export import sector and individual customers for the purpose of buying, building and repairing house.
* HCM City Development Joint Stock Commercial Bank (HDBank) has said that from April 21, 2012, the bank launched “preferential lending interest rate programme for exporters and importers” whereby these borrowers will enjoy the loan rate of only 16 percent per year.
* The annual general meeting (AGM) of Mekong Development Commercial Joint Stock Bank (MDB) has approved the 2012 targeted year plan with total pre-tax profit of 401 billion dong, reducing by 20 percent against 2011. This year, the bank planned to pay dividend at 6.5 percent, in comparison with 10.5 percent ratio in the previous year.
* Bank for Investment and Development of Vietnam has disbursed over 1.6 trillion dong for 27 enterprises under the government’s temporary rice storage scheme in the 2011-2012 winter-spring crop.
* Saigon Commercial Bank from early next week will cut fees for individual and corporate customers using overseas money transfer service. The programme will run till August 31.