* Hoa Binh Securities Co (HBS) held the annual shareholders meeting on April 21, 2012 and passed the 2012 business plan with targeted revenue of 57 billion dong and profit of 5 billion dong.
* Hanoi Stock Exchange (HNX) announced to hold the tender session for bidding the government-guaranteed bonds valued at 2 trillion dong to be issued by Vietnam Bank for Social Policies on April 27, 2012.
* In the annual general meeting (AGM), the shareholders of Saigon Securities Inc (coded SSI) have approved the 2011 business results and worked out the 2012 targeted year plan.
* Dong A (Eastern Asia) Plastic Group Joint Stock Co (coded DAG) in the morning April 24 organised its annual general meeting (AGM) 2012 to report the business performance in 2011 and plans for 2012.
* FPT Joint Stock Co (coded FPT) has recently announced its plan of issuing shares to pay 2011 dividend. In 2011, FPT plans 45 percent dividend payment to the shareholders, including 20 percent in cash and 25 percent in shares. For the 25 percent dividend in shares, FPT will issue 54 million shares to pay 2011 dividend to the shareholders.
* Ben Thanh Trading and Services Joint Stock Co (coded BTT) announced to close the shareholders list on April 26, 2012 to close the shareholders list for paying 2011 dividend – the third round in cash.
* Long Giang Investment and Urban Development Joint Stock Co (coded LGL) announced to hold the annual general meeting (AGM) on April 27, 2012 to seek approval among the shareholders about the 2012 targeted business plan. This year, the company set target to reach whole year revenue of 310 billion dong and after tax profit of 6.2 billion dong.
* Viet Steel Production & Trading Co has registered to buy around nine million shares of Pomina Steel Corporation (POM) within two months from April 25.
* Red River Holding has registered to buy two million shares of Hoa Sen Group (HSG) to spur its ownership from 9.2 percent to 11.2 percent.
* Thang Long Securities Co has closed a transaction office in Hanoi while Vietcombank Securities Co. has established two representative offices in Dong Nai and An Giang provinces.
* Hoa Cam Concrete Company (HCC) has announced May 2 as the ex-dividend date to pay 20 11 second round dividend in cash for shareholders at 8 percent.
* Saigon Ship Supplying Joint Stock Co has registered to sell over 2.5 million shares of Viet Dragon Securities Corp (VDS), or a 7.3 percent stake in the broker.
* Northern Textile and Garment Co (TET) has announced April 25 as the ex-dividend date to advance 2012 dividend in cash for shareholders at 12 percent.
* Bourbon Tay Ninh Joint Stock Co will offload four million shares of Saigon ThuongTin Real Estate Co (SCR) from today to June 22.
* Domesco Medical Import-Export Joint Stock Co (coded DMC) has lately released the Q1 business results with total revenue of 249.5 billion dong, a slight decline against the same period last year.
* Bien Hoa Sugar Joint Stock Co (coded BHS) held the annual general meeting (AGM) on April 20, 2012. In the meeting, the company set target to reach whole year net revenue of 2.88 trillion dong, pre-tax profit of 161.6 billion dong and pay dividend at 20 percent rate.
* The Petroleum Infrastructure and Urban Investment Joint Stock Co (Petroland – coded PTL) has lately approved the 2012 business plan with targeted revenue of 975 billion dong, and pay dividend at 5 percent rate. The year plan was passed in the annual general meeting held on April 20, 2012.
* Hoa Binh Construction and Real Estate Trading Joint Stock Co (coded HBC) yesterday kicked off construction works on the new rubber plant and material storehouse in southern province of Binh Duong.
* Tu Liem Urban Development Joint Stock Co (coded NTL) has released the Q1 business results with net revenue of 86.29 billion dong, increasing by 29.45 percent against the same period of 2011.
* Vietnam Singapore Industrial Park Joint Venture (VSIP) yesterday received the investment licence for conducting the VSIP Quang Ngai project. This is the fifth project that VSIP Co Ltd has carried out in Vietnam so far with total investment capital of $337.82 million.
* Lilama 10 Joint Stock Co (coded L10) has recently released the Q1 financial reports with total net revenue of 137.5 billion dong, drop of 40 percent against the same period last year, and consolidated profit of 22.8 billion dong, equalling to that of Q1 of 2011.
* In the company’s development strategy, Chuong Duong Joint Stock Co (coded CDC) would focus on developing the construction sector, together with real estate investment one. The company would halt the business line of producing commercial concrete so as to focus on construction sector.
* Truong Hai Auto Joint Stock Co (Thaco) has reported its business performance at the annual general meeting 2012 with revenue of 11.611 trillion dong, tax payment at 4.141 trillion dong, after tax profit at 669 billion dong and dividend at 18 percent in cash, according to the local newswire Thanh Nien.
* South Korea’s SamsungGroup has proposed buying a 20 percent stake held by Telecommunications Industry Electronics J ointStockCompany(TIE) under Saigon Industry Corporation (CNS) in Samsung Vina. Samsurig Vina is a joint venture between TIE and Samsung Group to produce electronic products.
* Japanese-based Yazuya Co has picked Zen Plaza to be its exclusive distributor of nutritional products in Vietnam. Vietnam is Yazuya’s first foreign market and the prices ofYazuya products in Vietnam are 2-18 percent higher than in Japan due to tariffs and transport fees.
* Vietnam Environment Co. last Friday introduced the technology of producing PO- RO oil from plastic waste at Khanh Son landfill site in Da Nang City. Developed in two phases in an area of 12 hectares, the 520 billion dong waste treatment system can handle around 300 tonnes of organic garbage; produce 5-10 tonnes of PO- RO oil and 60 tonnes of coal and gas.
* Thailand-based International Co. has signed a contract with Vietnam’s Institute of Energy to provide consulting for a 1,200MW thermal power plant in Quang Tri Province’s Hai Lang District.
* The world’s leading security firm Sophos has entered the Vietnamese market by cooperating with EXA Vietnam in providing security software Sophos EP2 SaaS, NguoiLao Dongreports. This product is sold at 500,000 dong for three-year protection.
* MobiFone mobile service provider has offered free high speed wifi for passengers travelling from HCM City to Can Tho City on coaches of Phuong Trang Tourist & Transport Co. MobiFone will provide this service on other routes in the future.
* PetroVietnam Insurance Joint Stock Corporation (PVI) targets to obtain total revenues of 6.453 trillion dong in 2012, a pre-tax profit of 768 billion dong and a dividend of 15 percent after its chartered capital has been raised to 4.66 trillion dong.
* Development Investment Construction Corp (DIG) targets to obtain 698 billion dong in revenue and 115 billion dong in after-tax profit in 2012.
* Phat Dat Real Estate Development Corp (PDR) has established a branch in Da Nang City.
* Khang Dien House Trading and Investment Co (KDH) targets to obtain 596 billion dong in revenue, 80.5 billion dong in after-tax profit and pay dividend for shareholders at 10 percent this year.
* Lien Viet Post Commercial Joint Stock Bank (LienVietPostBank) on late April 23 organised its annual general meeting (AGM) 2012 to pass this year business plan with total assets at 72 trillion dong, growing 28.3 percent on year, pre tax profit at 1.5 trillion dong, up 38.1 percent on year and chartered capital at over 6.52 trillion dong, equalling to an increase of 8.5 percent over the bank’s current chartered capital.
* In the annual general meeting (AGM) held on April 20, while addressing the questions of the shareholders about the bank’s share-listing plan, Han Ngoc Vu, chair of management board in Vietnam International Commercial Joint Stock Bank (VIB) revealed that up to now, VIB has not drawn out any plan for listing shares on the stock market.
* The management board of Southern Commercial Joint Stock Bank (SouthernBank) has released the financial reports for 2011 with whole year pre-tax profit of 248 billion dong, declining by 53 percent against the previous year, and fulfilling about 50 percent of the targeted profit plan.
* Bank for Investment and Development of Vietnam from early next month will expand a 4- trillion dong credit line for homebuyers with interest rate of 16 percent per annum. The lender as of April 19 reached over 154 trillion dong in lending revenue and credit growth rate of 4.1 percent.