* JSC Travel An Giang, a major shareholder of Viet An JSC. or Anvifish (AVF), sold 790,760 shares out of 1,016,000 shares registered to sell from July 10 to August 10 via order matching and put-through to restructure portfolio. JSC Travel An Giang attributed the failure of its trading plan to unmatched prices. After the share sale, JSC Travel An Giang cut its holding in the firm to 225,340 shares from 1,016,100 units earlier.
* HCM City’s One-Member Limited Liability Petroleum Company Limited (Saigon Petro), a major shareholder of Materials – Petroleum JSC. (COM), bought 21,160 shares out of 500,000 shares registered to buy from July 5 to August 3 via order matching. Saigon Petro attributed the failure of its trading plan to low volume of shares available for purchase. After the share purchase, Saigon Petro raised its holding in the firm to 3,771,360 shares or 27.42 percent stake from 3,750,200 shares or 27.27 percent stake earlier.
* Vietnam Tiger Fund – VTF whose equity representative is Vu Trung Thanh, member of Board of Supervisors of Song Da No 10 JSC. (SDT) has registered to sell its all 720,000 shares from August 14-28 via order-matching to restructure its portfolio. The Fund now holds 720,000 shares or 3.42 percent stake in the listed firm.
* Consultancy and Engineering JSC. (PVE) announced August 16 as ex-date and August 20 as record-date for its 2012 shareholder’s written approval at 01 share for 01 vote. Shareholders will vote for: – Appointing additional members of Board of directors (BOD). – 2011 fees and salaries for BOD, BOS and 2012 plan. Approval will be on Sep 12, 2012.
* On August 6, PP Pack Making JSC (HPB) sent a file to HNX’s website, posting its net profit of VND2.48 billion in the second quarter of 2012, up 19.24 percent on year. The firm explained its net profit up by 19.24 percent on year in Q2/2012 due to reasonable input prices, stable selling prices. Besides the firm also cut its management costs by 32.47 percent on year in Q2/2012.
* SSI Vision Fund (SSIVF) was no longer a major shareholder of National Seed Joint Stock Company (NSC) after selling 284,240 NSC shares on August 10, 2012. SSIVF cut its holding in the firm to 157,140 shares or 1.9 percent from 441,380 units or 5.35 percent stake earlier.
* HCM City’s One-Member Limited Liability Petroleum Company Limited (Saigon Petro), a major shareholder of Materials – Petroleum JSC. (COM), registered to buy 400,000 shares from August 14 to September 14 via order matching and put through. After the share purchase, Saigon Petro aims to raise its holding in the STC listed firm to 4,171,360 shares or 30.33 percent stake, compared to 3,771,360 shares or 27.42 percent stake currently.
* Song Da Urban Investment Construction and Development JSC. (SDU) announced to change its Head Office address to 6th floor, Song Da Urban Tower, Km 10 Tran Phu, Van Quan, Ha Dong, Hanoi.
* Anphat Plastic and Green Environment JSC (AAA) to choose the International Finance Corporation (IFC) at Room 3203, 34T Building, Trung Hoa, Nhan Chinh, Cau Giay, Hanoi to audit its 2012 financial statements. The firm said in a filing sent to HNX.
* Pha Lai Thermal Power Joint Stock Company (PPC) has adjusted its consolidated statement of cashflow in the second quarter of 2012 as follows: · Code 16 – Column “This year”: -VND7.84 billion [changed from (-VND12 billion)] · Code 20 – Column “This year”: -VND157.4 billion [changed from (-VND161.63 billion)] · Code 50 – Column “This year”: -VND623 billion [changed from (-VND627.3 billion)]
* On August 13, Lilama 69-1 JSC. (L61) sent a file to the HNX’s website, explaining changes in the reviewed financial statement from the Q2/2012 financial statements due to following reasons: – Changes in foreign-exchange rate, the firm had clear plan for maintenance and investment. – Provision for bad debts.
* Funderburk Lighthouse limited has bought over 182,000 shares of PVI Holdings Company (PVI) to raise its ownership to 11.1 percent.
* MyTra Hotel Company (MTC) will begin trading 5.2 million shares on the Hanoi Stock Exchange on August 17 at the reference price of VND10,500 each.
* Vietnam Bank for Social Policies sold VND200 billion worth of three-year government-backed bonds through an auction last Friday at the winning coupon of 9.9 percent per annum. However, it failed to offer any of VND1 trillion worth of five-year bonds put forth at the bidding. The bank will continue to auction VND2.5 trillion worth of two, three and five-year government-backed bonds on August 17.
* Hoang Quan Consulting-Trading-Service Real Estate Corporation (HQC) has launched the sale of Cinderella condo and commercial project in Ba Ria-Vung Tau Province.
* Transport Engineering Construction & Business Investment Company 584 (NTB) will trade an additional 3.7 million shares on the southern bourse on August 15 while Quoc Cuong Gia Lai Company (QCG) will float an additional 5.5 million shares on the exchange on August 17.
* Viet Capital Securities Investment Fund has sold over 139,000 shares of Seaprodex Refrigeration Industry Corporation (SRF) to reduce its holding to 17.4 percent.
* BITEXCO Nho Que Joint Stock Company under BITEXCO Group yesterday opened Nho Que 3 Hydropower Plant located in Meo Vac District, Ha Giang Province after three years of construction. The 1l0- MW plant provides annual electricity volume of around 500 million kWh. On the same day, BITEXCO also started work on the 48- MW Nho Que 2 hydro power project which has investment of VND 1.4 trillion and is set for completion in 2014.
* Viettel Global Investment Joint Stock Company (Viettel Global) has planned to set aside $18.05 million to buy a 65 percent stake of Epocha & Golden Ocean Tanzania Limited (Egotel) of BITMAP PTE LTD as part of its project of developing and exploiting the telecom network in Tanzania which is worth $225.8 million
* Phuoc Lac Group and the government of Binh Dinh Province yesterday kicked off construction of the Long Van- Long My road in Quy Nhon City. The VND95 million road which is 7.02 kilometers long and 42 meters wide will be completed after 36 months and will have six lanes.
* US-based animal feed maker Cargill has introduced its LiquaLife animal feed to shrimp farmers in the Mekong Delta province of Ca Mau. This product consists of nutrients which helps shrimp grow faster, with one kilogram of Liqualife priced at VND 1.3-1.5 million.
* ANZ Vietnam Bank has introduced a special reward programme to show its appreciation to its Signature Priority Banking (SPB) customers for their ongoing banking relationship with the bank. The reward programme is open for all new and existing ANZ customers during three months starting from August 1.
* Ha Tien Transport Company (HTV) has announced August 22 as the ex-dividend date to pay 2011 dividend in cash for shareholders at 10 percent.