* The State Securities Commission plans to set up an audit council to examine audited financial reports lacking transparency.
* Bank for Foreign Trade of Vietnam has launched a loan package worth VND15 trillion with an annual interest rate of 9 percent for customers having credit classification A. Borrowers in the four priority groups of SME, supporting industry, export and agriculture are subject to lending rates from 10-12 percent.
* Ocean Commercial Bank and Smartlink Card Service Joint Stock Company yesterday offered three services of inter-bank money transfer via ATM cards, online payment and account top-up..
* JUN TAKAJI – major shareholder of Hung Container Joint Stock Company (DHL) increased his ownership to 700,000 shares or 12.73 percent stake from August 1 after buying 100,000 shares.
* JUN TAKAJI – major shareholder of Hung Container Joint Stock Company (DHL) increased his ownership to 600,000 shares or 10.91 percent stake from July 20 after buying 132,900 shares.
* Lotus – Mekong River Equity Fund, major shareholder of Hung Dao Container Joint Stock Corporation (HDO) cut its ownership to 1,148,921 shares or 12.33 percent stake from August 6, 2012 after selling 153,200 shares.
* Lotus – Mekong River Equity Fund, major shareholder of Hung Container Joint Stock Company (DHL) cut its ownership to 381,900 shares or 6.94 percent stake from August 6, 2012 after selling 153,200 shares.
* JUN TAKAJI became major shareholder of Hung Container Joint Stock Company (DHL) from July 19 with 467,100 shares or 8.49 percent stake after buying 249,600 shares.
* JUN TAKAJI became major shareholder of Hung Dao Container Joint Stock Corporation (HDO) from July 27 with 470,700 shares or 5.05 percent stake after buying 150,000 shares.
* Nam Kim Steel Joint Stock Company (NKG) announced August 24 as ex-date and August 28 as record date for seeking shareholders’ approval on the plan to issue new shares to mobilise capital. The approval seeking is expected to take place on August 31 this year at the company’s office, Road N1, An Thanh Manufacturing Cluster, Binh Duong.
* Lam Son Sugar Joint Stock Company (LSS)’s reference share price will not be adjusted on the ex-date August 22 for the rights to purchase convertible bonds, the Hochiminh Stock Exchange said on August 15.
* Thien Nam Trading Import Export Corporation (TNA) has announced August 28 as the ex-dividend date to pay 20 12 first round dividend in cash for shareholders at 10 percent.
* Binh Trieu Road Bridge Construction and Investment JSC., a major shareholder of Lu Gia Mechanical Electric JSC. (LGC), registered to sell its all 1,871,620 shares from August 17 to September 17 via order matching or put through to restructure portfolio. Binh Trieu Road Bridge Construction and Investment JSC. currently holds 1,871,620 LGC shares or 22.59 percent stake in the firm.
* Danang Transportation and Bus Station Management JSC. (BXD) has registered to sell its all 3,828 treasury shares from August 20-Sep 20 via put-through or order-matching to restructure its capital equity. The firm plans to start with VND11,000/share. Vietcombank Securities Co., Ltd is authorised to carry transaction.
* Anh Sang Trade Co. Ltd has acquired over 455,000 shares of Cotec Construction Company (CTD) to raise its shareholding from 5 percent to 6 percent.
* Mien Trung Power Investment and Development Company (SEB) has announced August 20 as the ex-dividend date to advance 2011 remaining dividend and 2012 first round dividend both in cash for shareholders at 4 percent and 11 percent respectively.
* Ben Thanh Corporation has registered to sell 100,000 shares of Hoc Mon Trade Company (HTC) from today to August 22.
* Toyota Vietnam yesterday launched into the market new sedan model All New Camry 2012 with modern styling and sporty appearance. The new car line replaces the 3.5V6 engine with 2-litre and 2.5-litre engines. Three versions of All New Camry 2012, namely 2.0E, 2.5G and 2.5Q, are priced at VND982 million, VNDl.129 billion and VNDl.241 billion respectively.
* Hung Vuong Corporation (HVG) has announced August 29 as the ex-dividend date for shareholders to receive 2011 third round dividend in cash at 10 percent and bonus shares at the 100:20 ratio.
* Hoang Quan Consulting-Trading- Service Real Estate Corporation (HQC) has signed a cooperation agreement with Hoc Mon Trade Company to develop Cheery 3 Apartment project in HCM City’s Hoc Mon District with the total investment of VND460 billion.
* general Materials Biochemistry Fertiliser Company (HSI) has decided to contribute over VND4.5 billion in establishment of the VND8 billion Anh Viet Fertiliser Joint Stock Company in HCMe.
* The social network site Zing Me yesterday launched the application ‘cuisine paradise’ at me.zing.un/apps/food, where users can search for restaurants with specific locations and the kinds of food they want. Users can also make comments about the restaurants they have gone to. Information on 100 restaurants is now available on this application.
* Saigon Jewellery Holding Co. (SJC) yesterday announced it would stop buying damaged gold bars as it has not received permission to recreate them into normal bars. A source from SJC said it had spent hundreds of billions of dong buying around 7,000 gold taels.
* Viettel Global Investment Joint Stock Co. under the military- run Viettel has expanded its investment into Tanzania by acquiring a 65 percent stake in Epocha & Golden Ocean Tanzania (Egotel) from Singapore’s Bitmap Pte. Ltd at $18 million. Viettel Global aims to obtain $791 million in revenue and $94 million in profit from foreign countries this year.
* Phuc Loc Group on Sunday opened the Long Van – Long My road, the first project in Binh Dinh Province to be developed under the build- transfer (BT) format. The six-lane road stretches 7km and costs VND995 billion. The project will be developed in 36 months.
* VTC Online Communications Joint Stock Co. has received $10 million of investment capital from DWS Vietnam Fund, Lao Dong reports. Under the contract, VTC Online will use the funding to further develop its five business fields of social networking, game development, game release, communications and education.