* Hanoi Stock Exchange has agreed to list 1.2 million shares at par of PIV Petro Investment and Valuation Joint Stock Company. Viet Quoc Securities Corporation is its listing advisor.
* Thac Ba Hydropower JSC (coded TBC) announced September 1 as ex-right date and September 6 as latest record date to close the shareholders’ list to pay 2009 second round dividend at 9 percent (900 dong per share) on September 30.
* Management board of Gia Lai Tourism and Culture Joint Stock Co (coded CTC) has passed H1 business result and advance of 2010 first round dividend in cash at 10 percent ratio (1,000 dong per share).
* FPT Information System JSC (FIS) announced August 20 as record date to close shareholders’ list for advancing 2010 first round dividend and September 10 as payment date to pay the dividend in cash at 10 percent.
* Vidipha Central Pharmaceutical Joint Stock Company (Vidipha) announced August 20 as latest record date to close shareholders’ list for advancing 2010 first round dividend and August 24 as payment date to pay the dividend in cash at 10 percent.
* Khang An Investment Real Estate Joint Stock Company or An Khang JSC has got in principle approval from the Hochiminh Stock Exchange to list its all 20 million shares on the bourse, the STC said on August 16.
* Na Ri Hamico Minerals JSC, or Na Ri Hamico JSC (KSS) would close the shareholders’ list to collect approvals for approving issuance of 2010 convertible bonds, starting from September to October, 2010.
* Viet Dragon Securities Co has acquired 146,510 shares of MT Gas Co (MTG) to increase its ownership from 9.6 percent to 11.4 percent.
* Railway Construction Joint Stock Co has got approval in principle to trade around 11.2 million shares on the Hochiminh Stock Exchange.
* PIVPetro Investment and Valuation Co will begin trading 1.2 million shares on the Hanoi Stock Exchange tomorrow.
* Investment & Construction No.3 Co (CT3) has been allowed to trade over 654,000 additional shares on the northern bourse.
* Refrigeration Electrical Engineering Corp (REE) has acquired over 1.1 million shares of Thac Ba Hydropower Co (TBC).
* Anh Duong Vietnam Joint Stock Co (Vinasun – coded VNS) has gained after tax profit of 10.88 billion dong in July, raising the accumulative net profit in Jan-July to 62.98 billion dong.
* Export turnover of plastic products in the last half of July gained $46 million, a slight increase against the first half of the month. The result are expected to reach one billion dollar in 2010, said Vietnam Industry and Trade Information Centre (VITIC).
* In July 2010, FPT IS achieved a profit of 24.7 billion dong, around 145 percent compared to projections. The accumulated profit for the first seven months of 2010 reached 235.2 billion dong, 111 percent of the projection.
* Noi Bai Airport Services JSC (Nasco) announced Q2 and H1 business result with 103.32 billion dong 239.14 billion dong in net revenue, 7.55 billion dong and 16.73 billion dong after tax profit respectively, EPS 2,414 dong.
* PepsiCo Inc. plans to invest $250 million in Vietnam in the next three years in its food and beverage businesses.
* Duong Chi Dung, chair of management board in Vietnam National Shipping Lines Corp (Vinalines) said that Japan’s three leading groups of Itochu, MOL and NYK will cooperate with Vinalines to set up a joint venture in order to start construction works on two harbours under Lach Huyen Port project, Hai Phong.
* Hanoi Beer Alcohol Beverage Joint Stock Corp (Habeco) held the opening ceremony of new brewery with designed capacity of 200 million litres per year in Tien Phong Commune, Me Linh Dist, Hanoi.
* Thanh Hoa Pharmaceutical and Medical Equipment Joint Stock Co announced to gain total revenue of 402.073 billion dong in the first seven months of this year, increasing by 104.94 percent against the same period of 2009; pre-tax profit of 7.753 billion dong, up 110.57 percent year-on-year.
* Due Long Gia Lai Group (DLG) has contributed 5.1 billion dong, or a 51 percent stake, to establish Muoi Tung Traffic Construction Investment Joint Stock Co.
* Vietnam Petroleum Transport Co (VIP) earned 17.59 billion dong in after-tax profit in the first six months of this year, a 72 percent year-on-year decrease.
* Petroleum Technical Service Joint Stock Company (PTSC- coded PVS) announced gaining 9.9 trillion dong in revenue, equivalent to 79 percent of the year plan and 512 billion dong after tax profit, equalling to 73 percent year plan.
* South Korea’s Hanshin Engineering and Construction Co has signed a cooperation deal with PetroVietnam Construction Joint Stock Co to facilitate investment and business expansion. Hanshin is preparing to construct HCM City-Long Thanh – Dau Giay Expressway and Rach Giay pass projects.
* Daso Group Vietnam has broken ground for the second phase of the Flamboyant Island project with the total investment of two trillion dong. This is part of the Van Huong- Do Son luxury villa village in Hai Phong City, including a five-star hotel, commercial centre, beach and tennis court.
* Abbott Vietnam has raised prices of three milk products by around 7 percent from last week after Durnex, X.D and Dutch Lady increased milk prices by between 2.5 percent to 10 percent last month. Prices of l8 other Abbott milk products remain unchanged.
* Dong Tam Quang Ngai Co, Ltd has commenced work on the Bac Le Loi residential project in Quang Ngai City at the total cost of 420 billion dong. The project covers 75,000 square meters with condos, villas and offices for lease.
* Vietnam Posts and Telecommunications Group (VNPT) aims to become one of 10 leading telecom service providers in Asia with annual revenue of 14-15 billion dong in 2015 and 28-30 billion dong in 2020.
* Trend Micro, a global leader in endpoint, messaging and web security, has announced it would establish a new office in Hanoi City to expand business in the Asia – Pacific region.
* Orient Securities Co. has got permission from the State Securities Commission to open Gia Dinh branch in HCM City.
* Shareholders of Sao Mai Construction Corp (ASM) have agreed to increase capital of the enterprise to over 203 billion dong in the third quarter of this year.
* Vietnam Southern Food Corp, or Vinafood 2, has signed a contract to export 100,000 tonnes of 15 percent broken rice to Bangladesh at $389 per tonne. Bangladesh is now the potential growing market for Vietnam with a recent import of 178,000 tonnes of rice. Vietnam will’ negotiate to export another 200,000 tonnes of rice to the South Asian country in the near future.
* Thien Hai Co, Ltd has inaugurated the first fresh seafood supermarket in Can Tho City. The store can supply five to ten tonnes of seafood per day.
* Trung Nam JSC (TrungnamLand), subsidiary of Trungnam Group, has inked a deal with Skidmore, Owing and Merrill LLP (S.O.M) Company of America to design general planning for Thuy Tu project.
* Nguyen Van Khoi, deputy head of Hanoi People Committee signed Decree No 3986/QD-UBND for construction of the three kilometre-road project from Nhat Tan Bridge to eastern Thang Long Bridge with 122 billion dong of investment on August 16.
* Group has launched the BMC Ngoc Hoi-Kon Turn Hotel into operation with the total investment of nearly 100 billion dong. This is the first four-star hotel in the province with 90 rooms, six VIP suites, swimming pool and tennis court.
* VNPT in HCM City will stop the Cityphone mobile telephone service from November 15 due to outdated technology and poor economic efficiency. Cityphone customers are suggested to use GPhone or post-paid VinaPhone packages.
* Trung Hoi Tourism Co, Ltd has won an investment license for a 2.2 trillion dong Trung Hoi tourist site project in Binh Dinh Province. The project covers 106 hectares in Nhon Hoi Economic Zone, including a four-star hotel, sports centre and entertainment section.
* The southern bourse-listed Hoa Binh Real Estate Construction and Trading Joint Stock Co (coded HBC) has officially started the construction of foundation parts and basements of Block A under Savico Plaza Hanoi project.
* The management board of Binh Duong Trading and Development Joint Stock Co (coded TDC) has decided to raise 150 billion dong for investment on the construction project of high-class apartment complex of TDC Plaza in new Binh Duong City.
* Lilama Joint Stock Co No 10 (coded L10) signed the contract with Vietnam Machinery Installation Corp (Lilama) on August 10, 2010 in order to provide services of loading, transporting, maintenance of equipment and steel structure for Vung Ang 1 Thermo Power Plant with total designed capacity of 1,200 MW.
* Prudential continues to lead the life insurance market in Vietnam with a market share of 39.2 percent. The insurer in the first six months of this year obtained 508 billion dong in insurance premiums, a 28 percent year-on-year increase.
* The State Securities Commission (SSC) received the registration for bonus shares issuance of Tien Phong Commercial Joint Stock Bank (Tienphongbank). Accordingly, the bank will issue 25 million bonus shares for existing shareholders at 14.29 percent ratio.
* Lao Development Bank (LDB) and Sacombank Securities Joint Stock Company (SBS) inked a deal for establishment of Lanexang joint stock securities Co, Ltd, a financial advisor joint venture company in Laos
* Vietnam’s deputy minister of Finance Tran Xuan Ha and vice chair of South Korea Export-Import Bank, Ki-Sub Nam have officially signed three agreements of ODA loans with South Korean government via the Economic Development Cooperation Fund of South Korea (EDCF).
* Hochiminh Stock Exchange (STC) cancelled the share listing of Western Commercial Joint Stock Bank (Western Bank – coded WEB).
* Vietnam Rubber Group has signed a deal on comprehensive cooperation with Vietnam Bank for Industry and Trade. The two sides will cooperate in investment, export and import payments.
* Tien Phong Commercial Bank has launched a savings product that allows customers to withdraw all or part of the principal before maturity while still enjoying a fixed interest amount on the remaining deposit.
* The central bank has allowed Thuong Tin Commercial Bank to open new branches in Long An and Nghe An provinces.
* Global Petro Commercial Bank has got approval to increase its chartered capital to around three trillion dong.