* Son Tay Urban Construction and Environment JSC (STU) announced August 6 as ex-date and August 8 as record-date for its 2012 first cash dividend payment at VND1,000/share. Payment will be done on August 22, 2012.
* Khanh Hoa Mineral Water JSC. (VKD) announced August 8 as ex-date and August 10 as record-date for its 2012 first cash dividend payment at VND1,000/share. Payment will be done on August 28, 2012.
* DIC – Dong Tien JSC. (DID) has registered to buy back 500,000 shares treasury shares from August 15- October 15, 2012 via put-through or order-matching, using its capital surplus. DIC – Dong Tien JSC. (DID) currently has no treasury shares. Nam Viet Securities JSC was authorised to carry transaction
* Hoi An Tourist Holding Co. (HOT) announced August 22 as ex-date and August 24 as record date for its 2012 interim cash dividend payment at VND1,000/share, the firm said in a filing posted on the STC’s website on August 1. The dividend payment will be made on September 25, 2012.
* SMC Trading – Investment Joint Stock Company (SMC) explained a 739 percent on year surge in its net profit to VND32.75 billion in Q2/2012 as follows: The firm attributed its net profit rise to VND26.2 billion profit transferred to the holding company from its subsidiaries in the quarter.
* Binh Duong Construction and Civil Engineering JSC. (BCE) announced to have selected Auditing and Consulting Co., Ltd to audit its financial statements in 2012, the firm said in a filing posted on the STC’s website on August 1.
* Hoa Sen Group (HSG) registered to buy back at maximum 2 million HSG shares for treasury via order matching or put through from August 7 to November 7. After the share buyback, HSG aims to hold 5,799,212 treasury shares from 3,799,212 units currently.
* Bao Viet Securities Investment Fund whose deputy general director is Dau Minh Lam, a member of the Board of directors of Song Da No 10 JSC (SDT) failed to trade 1 mil shares registered to buy and 1 mil shares registered to sell from May 30- July 30, Bao Viet Securities Investment Fund currently holds 1,028,920 shares or 4.88 percent stake at the listed firm.
* Gia Dinh Real Estate Co., a major shareholder of Binh Thanh Import-Export Production and Trade JSC. (GIL), failed to sell its all 629,940 shares from July 2 to July 31 via order matching and put-through due to unfavourable share price.
* Thanh May Garment Co., a major shareholder of Binh Thanh Import-Export Production and Trade JSC. (GIL), bought 223,940 shares out of 600,000 units registered to buy from July 2 to July 31 via order matching. Thanh May Garment Co. attributed the failure of its share purchase plan to unfavourable share price. After the share purchase, Thanh My Garment Co. raised its holding to 826,951 shares or 6.21 percent stake from 603,011 units or 4.53 percent stake earlier.
* Dong Nai Paint Corporation (SDN) obtained VND25 billion in revenue and VND2 billion in after- tax profit in the second quarter of 2012.
* Construction and Investment Company No. 492 (C92) has announced August 3 as the ex-dividend date for shareholders to receive 2011 dividend in cash at 15 percent.
* The State Treasury will auction VND6 trillion worth of two, three and six-year government bonds on August 6.
* An Phat Securities Company has sold nearly 230,000 fund units of Vietnam Blue-chip Fund (VFMVF4) to reduce its holding from 2 percent to 1.7 percent.
* Vietnam Container Shipping Company (VSC) obtained nearly VND382 billion in revenue and VND144 billion in pre-tax profit in the first six months of this year.
* Khanh Hoi Import Export Company (KHA) has announced August 8 as the ex-dividend date to advance 2012 first round dividend in cash for shareholders at 5 percent.
* HCM City Infrastructure Investment Company has acquired over 1.6 million shares of Lu Gia Mechanical Electric Company (LGC) to lift its ownership from 24.9 percent to 45.4 percent. The investor has registered to buy over 2.8 million LGC shares within one month from August 3.
* Saigon Commercial Bank between August 1 and October 31 will give gifts and cash for customers sending or receiving money via Western Union service.
* Vietnam Bank for Industry and Trade is making VND2 trillion preferential loans available for micro-businesses. The programme will run till December 31.
* Piaggio Vietnam has launched the new Liberty S125cc i.e. scooter, which is a sports edition with improvements in design, vneconomy.vn reports. The retail price is VND57.9 million, VND3.9 million more than Liberty 125cc i.e. and VND7.6 million less than Liberty 150cc i.e.
* The men’s fashion brand MONDO has entered the Vietnamese market and opened its first showroom at
Parkson Landmark, 71 Commercial centre on Pham Hung Street, Hanoi City. MONDO chose Golden Sun Trade Joint Stock Company as its exclusive distributor in Vietnam and will open a second showroom at Vincom Eden Centre, 171 Dong Khoi Street, District 1, HCM City.
* South Korean consortium Kunwa- Dong Il E&C has presented to the Ministry of Transport a feasibility study of the Hong Ha bridge project crossing the Hong River. It states that Hong Ha Bridge will be a cable-stayed bridge, with a length of 6.7 kilometers, four lanes and will need investment of around $123 million.
* Toyota Vietnam will start selling Corolla Altis 2.0RS cars at its dealers nationwide from August to at prices-ranging from VND723 million to VND886 million, depending on models and colours.
* Satellite television firm K+ is offering a discount of VND550,000 for customers who register for the pay television service Premium K+ until the end of September. Customers can call 1900 1592, visit www.kplus.vn or contact K+ Store for further information.
* Singapore-based Wilmar and Malaysia-based FFM yesterday began construction of the $47 million wheat flour plant VFM-WlLMAR in Cai Lan lndustrial Park in the northern province of Quang Ninh. When in place in 2014, the facility will be able to turn out 500 tonnes daily.