* PetroVietnam Finance Corporation (PVFC), major shareholder of PetroVietnam Power Land JSC (PVL) has regsitered to sell 1 million shares from August 3-31, 2012 via put-through or order-matching to restructure its portfolio. PetroVietnam Finance Corporation (PVFC) currently owns 3,658,000 shares or 7.32 percent stake at the listed firm.
* Japan Vietnam Medical Instrument Joint Stock Company (JVC) on August 2 got the Hochiminh Stock Exchange’s approval to list its 3,219,999 new shares worth VND32.2 billion on the bourse. The additional listing will be effective on August 6, 2012.
* SSI Vision Fund (SSIVF), whose CEO is Le Thi Le Hang, vice Chair of the Board of directors (BOD) of National Seed JSC. (NSC) registered to sell its all 441,380 shares from August 8 to September 8 via order matching or put through to restructure portfolio. SSIVF currently holds 441,380 NSC shares or 5.35 percent stake in the firm.
* Thang Long Investment Group JSC (TIG) announced to change its ownership to 19 percent charter capital from 48 percent at Thang Long Investment Land JSC ( a member of Thang Long Investment Group). The firm said in a filing sent to HNX’ s website on August 2. On July 27, 2012, Thang Long Investment Land JSC was approved to change its 14th business certificate and TIG holds 19 percent charter capital.
* FLC Group JSC (FLC) announced SGINVEST Co., Ltd to become its major shareholder from June 29, 2012 with 48,144,000 shares or 62.38 percent stake after changing shares.
* PetroVietnam Finance Corporation (PVFC), major shareholder of PVI Investment and Development JSC (PV2) has regsitered to sell 87,660 shares from August 3-31, 2012 via order-matching to restructure its portfolio. PetroVietnam Finance Corporation (PVFC) currently owns 3,098,816 shares or 8.4 percent stake at the listed firm.
* Vietnam Fumigation Joint Stock Company (VFG) on August 2 got the Hochiminh Stock Exchange’s approval to list its 290,000 new shares worth VND2.9 billion on the bourse. The additional listing will be effective on August 6, 2012.
* Vinas A Luoi Mineral Company (ALV) obtained VND3. 7 billion in revenues and VND230 million in after-tax profits in the first six months of 2012.
* PYI Holdings Company (PYI) has gained approval to float an additional 21.2 million shares on the northern exchange.
* DIC Dong Tien Company (DID) will buy back 500,000 shares as treasury shares within two months from August 15.
* Hoi An Tourist Holding Company (HOT) has announced August 22 as the ex-dividend date to advance 2012 first round dividend in cash for shareholders at 10 percent.
* Individual investor Nguyen Thi Huong Giang has bought 200,000 shares of Rang Dong Plastic Company (RDP) to raise her ownership from 4.3 percent to 6 percent.
* Ca Mau Trading Company (CMV) has announced August 13 as the ex-dividend date for shareholders to receive 2012 first round dividend in cash at 7 percent.
* Red River Holding has acquired over 1.”Z million shares of Vietnam Sun Corporation (VNS) to secure a 13.3 percent stake in the latter.
* Hoa Sen Group (HSG) has registered to buy back a maximum two million shares as treasury shares within three months from August 7.
* Vietnam Holding Limited has bought over 289,000 shares of Hoa Binh Construction & Real Estate Corporation (HBC) to spur its ownership from 4.4 percent to 5.2 percent.
* Saigon Thuong Tin Commercial Bank has launched a promotional programme for customers receiving remittances via the bank’s accounts, SWIFT wire transfer or its remittance partners. The programme will run till October 23.
* Saigon Post and Telecommunications Services Corporation (SPT), owner ofS-Fone mobile service provider, has received approval from the Ministry ofInformation and Communications to convert the technology from CDMA to 3G- WCDMAand willlaunch the 3G network next year
* VCCorp has bought the food order website eat.vn for VND2.6 billion. The website cooperates with around 200 restaurants to offer a food delivery service, and its business is running well with monthly revenue of around VNDI billion. After making investments into the website, VCCorp expects the website’s revenue to increase ten-fold.
* FPT Telecom will give vouchers which can be used at FPT shops nationwide for its Internet users from now until September 15. Specifically, customers registering for the Internet ADSL service during this period will be given a voucher worth VND100,000- VND300,000 when buying a laptop or mobile phone at FPT stores, while customers currently using the Internet ADS:(., service will also be given a 10 percent discount voucher.
* Central Power Corporation next year will set aside around VND540 billion to invest in 67 projects, including developing new power lines and increasing the capacity of substations, to avoid overload in power transmission and increase the power quality in the central region
* Vietnam Television’s VTV 4 channel is now being broadcast in the u.S. on three channels of Mhz Networks based in Virginia under the name of VTV America. VTV America will provide news, cultural, educational, sport, economics and entertainment programmes in Vietnamese, English, French, Russia and Chinese for TV viewers in Washington D.C and neighbouring states of Maryland and Virginia. This will also create an opportunity for Vietnamese brands to be promoted in the US market.
* Da Nang Plastic Company (DPC) gained VND26.7 billion in revenue and over VND1 billion in after-tax profit in the second quarter of this year.