* Song Da Electrical Engineering JSC. (SDE) announced Williem Stuive as its major shareholder from July 25, 2012 with 91,900 shares or 5.25 percent stake at the listed firm after buying 5,000 shares.
* Apec Securities Corporation (APS) announced that its shares will be out of warning situation from Monday, August 6, 2012 as the firm made VND11,998,646,152 reviewed net profit in H1/2012. The result is shown in the reviewed financial statement made by VACO Auditing Company Limited on July 26, 2012.
* HCM City Securities Corporation (HCM) reported that the firm currently holds 245,814 treasury shares as of July 31, 2012 from 245,808 units as of June 30, 2012. The company has bought back 6 odd shares from investors.
* DongA Plastic Group Joint Stock Company (DAG) has finished issuing 1.25 million new shares worth VND12.5 billion to pay 2011 share dividend on July 23, 2012.
* Anphat Plastic and Green Environment JSC (AAA) announced August 13 as ex-date and August 15 as record-date for its 2011 cash dividend payment at VND1.096/share. Payment will be done on August 30, 2012.
* Nhon Trach Water Supply JSC (NTW) announced August 8 as ex-date and August 10 as record-date to issue 2 mil common shares to its existing shareholders at 10,500/share as follow: Sharesholders owns 03 shares can buy 2 new shares. New shares will be rounded down to unit. Odd shares and unsolved shares if any will be offered to other partners with selling prices not lower than VND10,500/share. These are free-transfer shares and the transfer registration time is from August 20-September 27, 2012. Each shareholder can transfer his/her buying right one time. Buying registration time is from August 20-October 1, 2012.
* Imexpharm Pharmaceutical Company (IMP) has bought back 100,000 shares as treasury shares.
* An Binh Securities Company has closed a branch in the northern province of Thanh Hoa.
* Thu Duc Trading and Import Export Company (TMC) saw its revenue rising by 5 percent to VND 1 trillion in the January-June period while its after-tax profit slumped 27.5 percent to over VND10 billion.
* Truong Son Securities Company has stopped providing brokerage service and closed a branch in HCM City.
* VICEM Hoang Mai Cement Company (HOM) obtained VND44 billion in after-tax profit as of the end of lune, 31 percent of this year’s target.
* Vietnam Development Bank will auction VND3 trillion worth of two, three and five-year government-backed bonds on August 8. Meanwhile, Vietnam Bank for Social Policies will auction VND2 trillion worth of three and five-year government-backed bonds two days later.
* PetroVietnam Finance Corporation has registered to sell one million shares of Petroleum Real Estate Company (PVL) from today to August 3l.
* VI (Vietnam Investments) Fund I, L.P. has bought over 151,000 shares of Vinafco Company (WC) to secure a 13.7 percent stake. The investor has registered to buy 500,000 VFC shares within one month starting August 6.
* Vinafreight International Freight Forwarders JSC (VNF) announced to choose DTL Auditing Company to audit its 2012 financial statements. The firm said in a filing sent to HNX website on August 3.
* Hoang Anh Gia Lai Company (HAG) gained around VND232 billion in pre-tax profit in the first half of the year.
* Sai Gon Thuong Tin Real Estate JSC (SCR) announced August 10 as ex-date and August 14 as record-date for its 2011 bonus share payment to its existing shareholders at 10 percent current charter capital or shareholder owns 10 shares will get 1 bonus share. The new shares will be rounded down to unit and odd shares will be cancelled.
* Mirae Company (KMR) has gained approval to trade an additional 1.5 million shares on the southern exchange.
* Mien Dong Company (MDG) has announced August 9 as the ex-dividend date to pay 2011 dividend in cash for shareholders at 3 percent.
* The board of directors of Saigon Cable Corporation (CSG) has decided to ‘dissolve the enterprise and delist its stock on the Hochiminh Stock Exchange.
* Toyota Vietnam yesterday introduced the 2012 edition of the completely-built-up Land Cruiser and Hiace. The price of the 16-seat Hiace ranges from VND1.066 billion to VNDl.145 billion depending on models, and the eight-seat Land Cruiser is VND2.675 billion, inclusive of VAT.
* Thaco Kia is providing special offers for customers buying Kia Sorento, All New Picanto, Forte and Carens until August 31. Specifically, customers will enjoy a price discount, one-year Liberty insurance, heat insulation film and other valuable gifts. The value of promotional packages ranges between VND26 million and VND100 million depending on vehicles.
* Vietnam Waste Solutions Co (VWS) has produced its first compost fertiliser made at its waste treatment plan in HCM City, and the product is being tested at the firm’s rubber farming area in Tay Ninh Province and then in the US before being sold. VWS has estimated to produce 300 tonnes of fertiliser daily.
* Jetstar Pacific passengers buying Jetcover travel insurance on the booking website Jetstar.corn can join a lucky draw to win six New iPad 16GB Wifi tablet computers. The programme runs until October 29.
* LG has introduced new smartphones Optimus L series, including Optimus L3, Optimus L3 Dual, Optimus L5 and Optimus L 7 with respective of VND3.2 million, VND3.5 million, VND5 million VND7.5 million,. The smartphones Optimus L3 and Optimus L3 Dual have the same fe and design with a3.2- inch screen, Android 2.3 Gingei operating system, 800 MHz processor and 1 GB in memory, but the 13 Dual can use two SIM cards. Meanwhile, the Optimus L5 and Optimus L7 run on the Android 4.0 and have a screen size of 4 and 4.5 inches respectively.