* Japan Vietnam Medical Instrument Joint Stock Company (JVC) has listed its 3,219,999 new shares worth VND32.2 billion on the Hochiminh Stock Exchange (STC) on August 6, 2012. These shares were issued to pay bonus shares to existing shareholders and will be available for trade from August 15, 2012.
* The Hanoi Stock Exchange has announced a delisting of over five million shares of Mediplantex National Pharmaceutical Company (MED) as the firm failed to complete its listing procedures within three months from the date of official admission.
* Kinh Do Corporation (KDC) announced August 29 as ex-date and August 31 as record date for its bonus share payment at 1-for-5 ratio, the firm said in a filing posted on the STC’s website on August 6. The firm planned to use capital surplus to issue 26,405,125 shares. These shares will be rounded down to units and odd shares will be cancelled.
* Chuong Duong Corporation (CDC) explained an 65.25 percent on year fall in its pre-tax profit in the second quarter of the year to VND1.8 billion as follows: The firm attributed its profit fall to a 7.89 percent on year decline in its revenue to VND51.3 billion, mainly due to a 24.22 percent on year decrease in revenue from leasing offices. Its cost of goods sold, on the other hand, remained stable from one year earlier.
* An Phat Plastic and Green Environment Co (AAA) has announced August 13 as the ex-dividend date to pay 2011 dividend in cash for shareholders at 10.96 percent.
* Power Engineering Consulting Company No. 4 (TV4) has been allowed to trade around one million more shares on the northern exchange.
* Bim Son Cement Company (BCC) obtained VND12.2 billion in after-tax profit in the second quarter of this year, a 12 percent year-on-year decline.
* Nui Nho Cooperation (NNC)’s Board of directors (BOD) decided to close the shareholder list on August 24, 2012 to pay its 2012 first dividend payment at VND2,300/share. The dividend payment will be made on September 10, 2012.
* Saigon Thuong Tin Real Estate Company (SCR) has announced August 10 as the ex-dividend date to pay 2011 bonus shares for shareholders at 10 percent.
* BAT-Vinataba Joint Venture Company has given 80,500 seedlings worth VND60 million to Tay Ninh Province to plant forests. The firm has so far provided nearly 25 million seedlings worth around VND8 billion for Cao Bang, Lang Son, Bac Kan, Gia Lai, Dong Nai and Tay Ninh provinces to plant nearly 9,000 hectares of forest.
* Duong Hieu Trading and Mining Co (DHM) has announced August 13 as the ex-dividend date for shareholders to receive dividend in cash at 15 percent.
* Royal International Corporation (RIC) has got the Hochiminh Stock Exchange (STC)’s approval to list its 563,178 new shares worth VND5.6 billion on the bourse. The additional listing will be effective on August 8, 2012.
* Royal International Corporation (RIC) will list its 563,178 new shares worth VND5.6 billion on the Hochiminh Stock Exchange (STC), the firm said in a filing posted on the STC’s website on August 6. These shares were issued to pay dividends to existing shareholders and will be available for trade from August 13, 2012.
* Gia Lai Hydropower JSC. (GHC) announced to choose DTL Auditing Company at 5th floor, Sai Gon 3 Building, Nguyen Van Thu, District 1, Ho Chi Minh to audit its 2012 financial statements. The firm said in a filing sent to HNX website on August 3.
* Ocean Securities Jsc, major shareholder of Vinavico Joint Stock Company (CTA) bought none out of 500,000 shares registered to buy and sold 30,000 out of 500,000 shares registered to sell due to unexpected share prices. Transaction was done from May 31-July 31, 2012 Ocean Securities Jsc currently holds 675,000 share or 7.43 percent stake at the listed firm.
* Cotec Construction Joint Stock Company (CTD) announced to receive winning bid announcement letter for “Constructing, completing fibre mill, fibre storage and supporting unit” project invested by Hanosimex at Dong Van 2 Industrial Zone, Ha Nam. The contract is valued at over VND80 billion.
* On August 6, 2012, Lilama 45.3 Join Stock Company (L43) sent a file to the HNX’s website, explaining its late submission of its Q2/2012 due to computer problem.
* On August 6, 2012, Da Nang Plastic JSC. (DPC)sent a file to the HNX’s website, explaining its late submission of its Q2/2012 as follow: On June 18, 2012, the firm sent its official documents No.: 18/0612CV-CT to the HNX to regist to not submit the hard copies of its financial statements and will submit soft version via email. On July 20, 2012, the firm submitted soft version of its Q2/2012 financial statemetns via email email@example.com.
* Gia Lai Cane Sugar Thermoelectricity Joint Stock Company (SEC)’s Board of directors decided to seek shareholders’ approval on the plan to use proceeds from share issuance to supplement working capital in 2012. The Board also decided August 17, 2012 as the record date for the approval seeking.
* Coma 18 Joint Stock Company (CIG) explained the late disclosure of its Q2/2012 financial statements as follows: July 20, 2012 was Friday, the last working day of the week; therefore, the firm sent its Q2 financial statements on the following Monday, July 23, 2012.
* Water Supply & Sewerage Construction and Investment JSC (VSI)’s Board of directors (BOD) decided to hold 2012 Extraordinary general Meeting of Shareholders (EGM) on September 11, 2012 at its Hall, No. 10 Pho Quang, Ward 2, Tan Binh District, Ho Chi Minh. The EGM will seek shareholders’ approval to change Chair of the Board of directors (BOD) cum CEO.
* Japan Vietnam Medical Instrument Company OVC) has been allowed to trade an additional 3.2 million shares on the southern bourse.
* Refrigeration Electrical Engineering Corp (REE) obtained over VND404 billion in after- tax profit in the January-June period, surging over 137 percent against the same period of last year.
* The Lam Son Sugar & Sugarcane Association has registered to buy 300,000 shares of Lam Son Sugar Corp (LSS) to raise its shareholding to 19.7 percent.
* Phuoc Kien Joint Stock Company has been licensed to develop the East – West Highway urban area worth VND6.8 trillion in an area of over 80 hectares in Ben Tre Province.
* Nam Thanh Energy and Environment Joint Stock Company last week kicked off construction of a micro-organic fertiliser production and waste processing plant at a landfill in Yen Bai City in the northern mountainous province of Yen Bai. Having an investment of VND80 billion, the plant will be constructed in eight months and create jobs for nearly 300 people.
* Truong Hai Auto Joint Stock Company has introduced the new small car Kia Picanto 2013 priced from VND384 million to VND468 million, depending on models. Fuel consumption is around five litres for every 100 kilometers.
* Hitachi Data Systems has launched the data storage solution Hitachi Unifies Storage (HUS), which is developed based on the two solutions, Hitachi Network Attached and Adaptable Modular Storage.