* Hanoi Housing Investment and Development Corporation has registered to sell over 1.2 million shares of Hoa Binh Securities Company (HBS) between August 10 and September 8.
* Vinh Phuc Infrastructure Development Company (IDV) has announced August 16 as the ex-dividend date to advance 2012 first round dividend in cash for shareholders at 10 percent.
* Prudential Balanced Fund (PRUBF1) has announced its net asset value per unit by August 2 atVND9,315, down byVND33 from a week earlier.
* SME Securities Company has stopped providing brokerage service.
* Individual investor Doan Due Tuyen has offloaded over 2.9 million shares of Au Viet Securities Company CAVS), or an 8.2 percent stake in the enterprise. Meanwhile, Nguyen Thanh Hai, a board member of the broker, has registered to sell 900,000 AVS shares from today to August 24.
* Hoang Quan Mekong Consulting Trading-Service Real Estate Joint Stock Company has pulled back from its bid to list on the Hochiminh Stock Exchange.
* Nui Nho Cooperation (NNC) has decided to advance 2012 first round dividend in cash for shareholders at 23 percent.
* Thien Nam Trading Import Export Corporation (TNA) had obtained VND713.5 billion in revenue and over VND30 billion in pre-tax profit in the year to end-July, or 71.4 percent and 60.3 percent of this year’s targets respectively.
* Vina Investment JSC., whose Chair is Bui Tuan Ngoc, Chair of Transforwarding & Warehousing JSC. (TMS), bought 1,764,743 shares out of 2 million shares registered to buy from July 30 to August 7 via order matching or put through. Vina Investment JSC. attributed the failure of its purchase plan to unmatched share prices. After the share purchase, Vina Investment JSC. raised its holding in the STC listed firm from 877,627 TMS shares to 2,650,809 shares or 11.48 percent stake and became a major shareholder of TMS from August 7, 2012.
* On August 8, Hung Long Construction Material and Mineral JSC (KHL) sent a file to the HNX, explaining its late submission of Q2/2012 financial statement due to weather problems. From April 19-21 the weather was very bad at the firm area with hail and the firm focused to solve the natural disaster and could not finish the financial statement on time. The firm promised to finish and send its Q2/2012 financial statement befor August 15.
* HCM City’s One-Member Limited Liability Petroleum Company Limited (Saigon Petro), a major shareholder of Materials – Petroleum JSC. (COM), bought 16,650 shares out of 500,000 shares registered to buy from July 5 to August 3 via order matching. Saigon Petro attributed the failure of its purchase plan to low volume of shares on sale. After the share purchase, Saigon Petro raised its holding in the firm to 3,766,850 shares or 27.39 percent stake from 3,750,200 shares or 27.27 percent stake earlier.
* Bitexco Nam Long JSC., a major shareholder of Camau Frozen Seafood Processing Import Export Corporation (CMX), registered to sell its all 3,173,116 shares from August 13 to September 10 via put-through.
* DIC Investment and Trading Company (DIC) has gained approval to float an additional 1.4 million shares on the southern exchange.
* Song Da Trading and Transport JSC. (SDP) announced August 15 as ex-date and August 17 as record-date to seek shareholders’ written approval on changing 2012 business plan and to pay 2011 cash dividend as follow: – Shareholders’ written approval will be on August 30, 2012 at 1 share for 1 vote. – 2011 cash dividend payment at VND500/share on August 30, 2012
* On August 9, Song Da Construction and Investment JSC. (SDS) sent a file to the HNX’s website, explaining its late submission of Q2/2012 financial statements on difficulty in documents delivery. The firm have many projects in isolated areas, far from its head quarter such as Nho Que Hydropower in Meo Vac District, Ha Giang Province, Nam Mo Hydropower project in Than Uyen District, Lai Chau… and the documents delivery to the head office takes time.
* Vietnam Holding Limited has bought over 416,000 shares of Hoa Binh Construction & Real Estate Corporation (HBC) to raise its shareholding from 5.2 percent to 6.3 percent.
* Binh Tay Import Export Joint Stock Company (Bitex), exclusive distributors of Casio products in Vietnam, is offering special offers for customers from now until October 29. When buying Casio calculators, customers will have the opportunity to win prizes such as an Air Blade scooter, Wave RSX motorcycle, electronic dictionary and other gifts.
* Infrastructure Investment and Transportation Construction Joint Stock Company (Intracom) and the Thang Long branch of Vietnam Bank for Industry and Trade (Vietinbank) on Monday signed a credit deal for the Ta Loi 2 hydropower project located in Lao Cai Province. Under the deal, Intracom will be provided with VND158 billion, or60 percent of the project’s investment cost. The project will be kicked off in October and will be completed in 2014.
* HIPT Group Joint Stock Company has announced to transfer the ownership of its subsidiary HIPT Mobile to Hanoi Belico Co. However, the ownership transfer value is not mentioned.
* Vina Mazda is providing special offers for customers buying Mazda vehicles this month with special prices, one-year Liberty insurance, DVD players and window films.
* US publisher McGraw-Hill has withdrawn from Vietnam after a five-year presence, which is part of its restructuring plan. McGraw- Hill will still maintain its pledges in the Vietnamese market, and McGraw- Hill Bangkok will be in charge of customers and partners in Vietnam.
* IBM Vietnam has launched the. IBM SmartCamp KitkstartAsean programme for enterprises in Asean countries, opening up opportunities for start-ups to receive consulting and support from technological experts and venture funds. The application deadline is August 24.
* Telecommunications Industry Electronics Joint Stock Company (TIE) has got shareholders’ approval for adding business lines as follows: 1. Selling machinery, equipment and other adjuncts wholesale (Code: 4659) 2. Repairing computers and peripherals (Code: 9511) 3. Repairing communication devices (Code: 9512) 4. Repairing household electronic audio-visual equipments (Code: 9521) 5. Repairing household appliances, equipments (Code: 9522) 6. Storing and keeping goods (Code: 5201)