* IPA Investment Group Joint Stock Co (IPA) announced to issue 2 million convertible bonds at price of 100,000 dong per bond before December 30, 2011. The company would use the list of investors who registered for purchasing the bonds closed on December 1.
* Sao Ta Food Joint Stock Co (coded FMC) announced to advance first round dividend for existing shareholders under the applied ratio of 15 percent in cash before the Lunar New Year.
* Hanoi Stock Exchange (HNX) announced that Hanoi general Investment Joint Stock Co (coded SHN) would sell 830,000 fund shares, starting from December 7, 2011.
* Phuong Nam Education Investment and Development Joint Stock Co (coded SED) announced to close the shareholders list on December 26, 2011 for paying 2011 dividend in cash. The ex-dividend session would be December 22, 2011.
* Agribank Securities Co has offloaded over two million shares ofEverpia Vietnam Co. (EVE), or a 9 percent stake in the enterprise.
* Ben Thanh Rubber Co (BRC) will begin trading over 8.2 million more shares on the Hochiminh Stock Exchange on December 13 at the reference price of 16,000 dong each.
* Beton 6 Corporation (BT6) has announced December 12 as the ex-dividend date to pay 2010 second round dividend in cash for shareholders at 5 percent.
* Vietnam Equity Holding has acquired over 1.4 million shares of Electronics Communications Technology Investment Development Corporation (ELC), or a 5 percent stake in the enterprise.
* Orchid Fund Private Limited has bought over 2.5 million shares of FPT Corporation (FPT) to spur its ownership from 6.9 percent to 8.1 percent.
* Vietnam Development Bank sold 1.5 trillion dong worth of three-year government bonds and 1 trillion dong worth of five-year government bonds at an auction on the Hanoi Stock Exchange on Wednesday. The winning interest rates were 12.2 percent and 12.25 percent per annum respectively.
* The northern exchange has allowed Innovative Technology Development Corporation (ITD) to pullout of the UPCoM, the market for unlisted public companies, so that it can list on the southern bourse.
* Thu Duc Trading and Import-Export Co (TMC) has announced December 7 as the ex-dividend date to issue more shares for shareholders at the 2:1 ratio.
* On December 12, Vinaconex Joint Stock Corp (coded VCG) announced to hold the shareholders meeting to vote for selecting the members in management board, director board for 2012-2016 period as well as approving for business plan for the fore-mentioned period.
* Hau Giang Pharmaceutical Joint Stock Co (coded DHG) has sought approval among the shareholders about adjusting the investment capital in construction project of DHG Pharmaceutical, Packaging and Printing Plant sited in Tan Phu Thanh Industrial Park, Chau Thanh A Dist, Hau Giang province. In details, the investment capital would be raised from 506 billion dong to 676 billion dong, up 33.6 percent against the initial one. The shareholders may give opinions before the deadline of December 15, 2011.
* Up to November 22, 2011, Vinaconex-Viettel Joint Stock Financial Co (VVF) reported gaining accumulative pre-tax profit of 159.76 billion dong and after tax profit of 119.74 billion dong. With such results, the company expected to surpass the targeted pre-tax profit plan of 160 billion dong by the end of this year.
* Cotec Construction Joint Stock Co (CotecCons) officially kicked off construction works on the high-class apartment complex of Star City Le Van Luong sited in Thanh Xuan Dist, Hanoi on November 30, 2011.
* Petroleum Infrastructure and Urban Investment Joint Stock Co (Petroland – coded PTL) announced to inaugurate the Phu My Hung Petroland Tower. This is the large scale project conducted by the company with total investment capital of over 1 trillion dong.
* The UPCoM-listed Da Nang Pharmaceutical and Medical Equipment Joint Stock Co (coded DDN) has released the business results for Q3 and for the first nine months of 2011. In Q3, the company reported earning net revenue of 496.3 billion dong, increasing by 26.76 percent against the same period last year, while net profit from business activities of 3.9 billion dong, up 62.5 percent and after tax profit of 2.8 billion dong.
* Petroleum Equipment Assembly and Metal Structure Joint Stock Co (coded PXS) estimated to reach whole year revenue of 1.059 trillion dong and pre-tax profit of 144.02 billion dong, fulfilling 100 percent of the targeted year plan.
* Vietnamese Military-run Telecom firm (Viettel) has recently announced to start receiving orders for iPhone 4S smart-phone in Vietnam market. At the same time, VinaPhone also announced to distribute this product throughout its network.
* The UPCoM-listed Saigon Pesticide Joint Stock Co (coded SPC) reported gaining accumulative net revenue in the first nine months of 2011 of 643.2 billion dong, declining by 15.6 percent against the same period last year. Of which, revenue gained from financial activities counted for 2.9 billion dong.
* Vinacontrol Group Joint Stock Co (coded VNC) has released the business results up to the end of October 2011. Accordingly, the company expected to gain total revenue of 230 billion dong, profit of 26 billion dong, surpassing the targeted year plan.
* Railway Real Estate Joint Stock Co (Railway Land) was officially introduced to public with chartered capital of 50 billion dong, of which Vietnam Railway Corp contributed over 36 percent of total stake in the real estate firm. The company has its head office sited on the 7th floor, No 9 Lang Ha St, Ba Dinh Dist, Hanoi.
* BigC supermarket chain and Hoa Na-Hai Duong Real Estate Trading Investment and Development Co on Wednesday inaugurated the 16th BigC supermarket and Ngoc Chau Commercial Centre in Hai Duong City, Hai Duong Province.
* Vietnam National Coal and Mineral Industries Group (Vinacomin) has been asked to stop transferring coal on all national and provincial roads in Quang Ninh Province from now until the end of the Tet holiday, aiming to ensure traffic safety and social security and reduce congestion at the end of the year and during the holidays.
* Ben Thanh Group has started work on the 16-hectare Ben Thanh Ho Tram Resort in Ba Ria-Vung Tau Province’s Xuyen Moc District. The project will cost $30 million.
* Southern bourse-listed Military Commercial Joint Stock Bank (MBB) has said that in the first nine months of this year (as of September 30), the bank’s loss from securities trading activities was partly due to its subsidiary namely Thang Long Securities Joint Stock Co (TLS) suffering loss of 186.5 billion dong.
* PetroVietnam Insurance Joint Stock Corp (HNX-listed PVI) has announced that it has purchased 2,657,800 fund shares already.
* PetroVietnam Power Services Co (PPS) has decided to establish a branch in Da Nang City.
* Saigon Securities Inc. has closed Ham Long branch in Hanoi’s Hoan Kiem District while VSM Securities Co has spurred its chartered capital from VND135 billion to 200 billion dong.
* Bank for Investment and Development of Vietnam (BIDV) has said that it would announce the initial price for BIDV share on December 6. The initial price will be built basing on the market condition and learnt from the bank’s two previous colleagues namely Vietnam Commercial Joint Stock Bank for Foreign Trade (Vietcombank-VCB) and Vietnam Commercial Joint Stock Bank of Industry and Trade (VietinBank-CTG).
* Bank for Investment and Development of Vietnam (BIDV) has set aside VND5 trillion to make loans to exporters of seafood, apparel, footwear, woodwork and farm produce. BIDV has signed an agreement with Western Union Company to extend its money transfer agent contract until 2016.
* Techcombank has received a long-term loan of $35 million from Germany’s DEG Development and Investment Company to lend on to small and medium-sized enterprises in Vietnam. DEG finances investments of private firms in developing and emerging economies.