* The Southern Battery and Dry Cells Joint Stock Co (coded PAC) released the resolution that was approved by the management board about purchasing the company’s shares in the stock market as fund shares.
* Hanoi Stock Exchange (HNX) on January 31, 2011 approved Bien Hoa Packaging Joint Stock Co (coded SVI) plan for listing over 3 million shares on the northern bourse.
* SSI Vision Fund has acquired nearly 219,000 shares of An Phu Irradiation Co (APC) to spur its ownership from 12.2 percent to 14.2 percent.
* Vietnam Bank for Industry and Trade (CTG) will float an additional 66.4 million shares on the Hochiminh Stock Exchange on February 10.
* Vietnam Securities Investment Fund (VFMVF1) has announced its net asset value per unit by January 26 at 13,276 dong, rising by 115 dong from the previous week.
* Alta Company (ALT) has announced February 10 as the ex-dividend date for shareholders to receive 2011 first round dividend in cash at 6 percent.
* In its fiscal report for the fourth quarter of 2011, Phu Nhuan Jewellery Joint Stock Co (PNJ) reported gaining net revenue of over 3.01 trillion dong, rising 16 percent on year (nearly 2.6 trillion dong).
* Ending the fourth quarter of 2011, Bao Viet Group Joint Stock Co (coded BVH) gained 541.12 billion dong revenue from financial activities, up 86.28 percent year-on-year, bringing the total figure for the whole year to nearly 1.517 trillion dong, a year-on-year increase of 25.33 percent.
* Ending the fourth quarter of 2011, Ocean Group Joint Stock Co (coded OGC) gained after tax profit of 13.5 billion dong, or 7 percent from the same period of previous year and the gross profit for the whole year also declined 65 percent on year.
* Hoang Huy Investment Services Joint Stock Co (coded HHS) revealed to gain Q4 revenue of 80.2 billion dong, declining by 68 percent against the same period of 2010. In details, the company’s financial activities brought in revenue of 7.06 billion dong, up 292 percent year-on-year.
* Lam Son Sugarcane Joint Stock Co (coded LSS) reported earning profit of 392 billion dong in 2011, up 32 percent against 2010, equalling to earning per share (EPS) of 8,711 dong.
* Ba Ria-Vung Tau province People’s Committee hold the ceremony to grant investment licences for four enterprises on January 31, 2012. These enterprises have registered for conducting projects in the province, including PetroVietnam Gas Corp (PV Gas) with South Con Son 2 gas pipeline system (25 trillion dong), Ba Ria-Vung Tau Housing Development Joint Stock Co (HDC) with Phuoc Thang urban area (1.492 trillion dong), general Investment, Export-Import and International Cooperation Joint Stock Co with Gelexim Port (226 billion dong) and Lan Loc Tai Co Ltd with Phuoc An kindergarten for disabled children.
* Tay Ninh Rubber Joint Stock Co (coded TRC) released the financial reports in Q4 with net revenue of 352 billion dong, increasing by 12 percent against the same period of 2010, and consolidated profit of 150 billion dong.
* Kinh Bac Urban Development Joint Stock Corp (coded KBC) reported gaining net revenue of 88 billion dong in 2011, equalling to 16 percent of the previous year, and consolidated profit of 72.3 billion dong, or 20 percent. The company suffered from loss of 52 billion dong in 2011.
* The northern bourse-listed PetroVietnam Southern Gas Joint Stock Co (coded PGS) released the Q4 financial reports with net profit of 11.3 billion dong, raising the accumulative profit to 129.9 billion dong, equalling to EPS of 3,420 dong, declining by 71.5 percent against 2010.
* Cuu Long Pharmaceutical Joint Stock Co (coded DCL) released the Q4 business reports with after tax profit of 13.5 billion dong. However, the company’s whole year profit was posted at 6 billion dong, equalling to 54 percent of 2010.
* Pha Lai Thermo Power Joint Stock Co (coded PPC) released the Q4 financial reports with loss of 280.6 billion dong.
* Bridgestone Group (Japan) on February 1 received investment license for the automobile tire production plant project in Dinh Vu Industrial Zone, Hai Phong City, marking the first FDI (foreign direct investment) project in the city in 2012.
* Concrete Joint Stock Co No 6 (coded BT6) witnessed declining trend after tax profit in Q4 and the whole year of 2011 due to extremely high lending costs.
* Licogi 16 Joint Stock Co (coded LCG) announced to gain Q4 net revenue of 403.88 billion dong, increasing by 11.92 percent against the same period of the previous year. However, the consolidated profit was posted at 17.29 billion dong, down 77.45 percent year-on-year due to sharp increase in principal sales price over net revenue.
* Bourbon Tay Ninh Joint Stock Co (coded SBT) has lately released the 2011 financial reports with whole year after tax profit of 546 billion dong, surpassing the targeted plan of 370 billion dong by 47.47 percent.
* Vinaconex Investment and Tourism Development Joint Stock Co (coded VCR) released the Q4 business results with net revenue of 21.92 billion dong, down 27.66 percent and after tax profit of 1.63 billion dong, declining sharply against the same period of 2010 at 9.31 billion dong.
* Civil Engineering Construction Joint Stock Co No 545 on Monday kicked off a project to expand and upgrade a section of National Highway passing through Quang Nam Province’s Dien Ban District. The 372 billion dong project will be completed after 15 months of construction with four lanes.
* PetroVietnam Oil Corporation (PV Oil) targets to export and sell 14.1 million tonnes of crude oil and produce 545,000 tonnes of oil products this year. PV Oil now holds a 21 percent share of the domestic market.
* Vietnam Environment Joint Stock Company has completed a plant producing fuel oil from solid waste in Da Nang City. The firm will soon install a treatment system and start a trial operation for the plant next month which helps treat hazardous waste and turns it into useful products.
* Viglacera Corporation has started work on Dang xa II new urban area in Hanoi City’s Gia Lam District. The project is scheduled for completion in 2016 and will provide accommodation for 15,000 residents.
* Techno-Agricultural Supplying Co (TSC) obtained 24.5 billion dong in after-tax profit last year.
* Vinaship Company (VNA) obtained 32.7 billion dong in after-tax profit last year, falling by 26.7 percent against the year earlier.
* Viglacera Tien Son Co (VIT) targets to gain 620 billion dong in revenue and 4 billion dong in pre-tax profit in 2012.
* PetroVietnam Premier Recreation Co (PVR) obtained 31.9 billion dong in after-tax profit in 2011, a 27 percent year-on-year increase.
* Vietnam Export Import Commercial Joint Stock Bank (Eximbank-EIB) has recently announced its business performance for the fourth quarter of 2011 with pre tax profit of 1.367 trillion dong and after tax profit of 1.023 trillion dong, rising 76 percent from the same period 2010.
* Hanoi Housing Commercial Joint Stock Bank (Habubank-coded HBB) has recently announced its business results for the fourth quarter of 2011 with net interest income of over 283 billion dong, rising 34 percent on year.
* Saigon Thuong Tin Commercial Bank has launched a promotion programme with gifts and lucky draws for individual depositors. The programme will run till April 28, providing 45,000 gifts and 201 prizes with the total value of 28 billion dong.