The Netherlands-invested Metecno Vietnam Co., Ltd has put into operation a plant producing insulated panels in Dong Nai Province’s Bien Hoa 2 Industrial Park. The plant has a designed production capacity of 10,000 square meters per month.
* Work has started on a project to treat industrial waste to generate power at Nam Son waste treatment complex in Hanoi’s Soc Son District last week. The project scheduled for operation in the fourth quarter can treat 75 tonnes of waste per day.
* South Korea-based Siflex Co. has received an investment certificate to carry out a project producing electronic components for cell phones, tablets and laptops with registered capital of $106 million. Siflex expects to use 10,000 labourers in 2018.
* Masan Group obtained revenues of VND4.44 trillion in the fourth quarter last year, rising 21.4 percent year-on-year, prompting its total 2013 revenues to shoot up nearly 15%. The group targets revenue of over $1 billion.
* My Linh Investment Joint Stock Company has registered to buy one million shares of CMC Corporation (CMG) to raise its ownership from 21 percent to 22.5%.
* The central bank has given nod to Vietcombank and M-Service Joint Stock Company to deploy the second stage of the small-value money transfer service basing on e-wallet MoMo.
* Vietnam Holding Limited has bought 202,000 shares of Hung Vuong Corporation (HVG) to hold a 5 percent stake in the enterprise.
* Nguyen Van Hoa, deputy general director of Domesco Medical Import Export Corporation (DMC), has registered to sell 250,000 DMC shares within one month starting from February 21 to reduce his stake from 2.8 percent to 1.8%.
* Mineral Ferrous Metallurgy Joint Stock Company (KSK) began trading nearly 15.7 million shares on the Hanoi Stock Exchange yesterday, making it the 376th firm listed on the bourse. Closing the day, KSK surged 30 percent against the reference price to VND15,600 each with 415,000 shares changing hands,
* Vinaconex 6 Company (VC6) has announced February 27 as the record date to pay 2013 dividend in cash for shareholders at 8%. .
* Individual investor Nguyen Anh Hong has acquired 274,000 shares of Song Da Cao Cuong Company (SCL) to raise her holding from 5 percent to 8%.
* Asia-Pacific Investment Company (API) made a consolidated net profit of VND46.2 billion last year compared to a loss of over VND20 billion in 2012 thanks to earnings from selling products at Tuc Duyen and Thai Nguyen commercial centre projects.
* Ocean Hospitality and Service Company (OCH) saw its 2013 consolidated net profit soar 37.7 percent year-on-year to over VND132 billion thanks to the fall in interest expense. Its revenue surged 32.5 percent to over VND670 billion last year. The full-year earnings per share was VND1,151.
* Ha Lam-Vinacomin Coal Company (HLC) will float an additional 11.2 million shares on the northern bourse on February 24, raising its total outstanding volume to 23.2 million shares.