* Hochiminh Stock Exchange (STC) in the afternoon January 6, 2012 in HCM City signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with Vietnam Securities Depository Centre (VSD). Under the MoU, the two signatories will cooperate to jointly provide the best products and services to the market, serving the investors.
* The Hanoi Stock Exchange has announced to continue suspending trading activities of SME Securities Corporation (SME) on both the listed stock market and UPCoM, the market for unlisted public firms, within one month starting January 7.
* SSI Vision Fund has acquired over 201,000 shares of Southern Seed Corp (SSC) to increase its ownership from 8.4 percent to 9.7 percent.
* Southern bourse-listed Son Ha International Joint Stock Co (coded SHI) has recently announced to buy back 500,000 fund shares. Accordingly, the transactions will be made by matching order method or put-through method from January 9 to March 7, 2012.
* As per the contents of the meeting of HCM City Securities Joint Stock Co (HCM)’s director board, in the fiscal year 2011, HCM plans to pay 4-5 percent dividend for the second phase of 2011. Thus, the company’s dividend payout for 2011 will be 14-15 percent.
* Hai Phong Equipment Manufacturing and Shipbuilding One-member Co Ltd (Lisemco), a subsidiary of Vietnam Machinery Installation Corp (Lilama), has recently succeeded in selling 10 percent stake, equalling to 2.5 million shares at the price of 10.800 dong per share to Japanese strategic partner namely Sugatec Joint Stock Co.
* UPCoM-listed Mien Trung (Central) Seafood Export Import Joint Stock Co (SPD) has recently announced to close the list of shareholders to pay the first round dividend of 2011. Accordingly, the ex-interest date will be on January 18, 2012 and the company will close the shareholders book on January 20, 2012.
* Doan Xa Port Co. (DXP) has announced February 2 as the ex-dividend date for shareholders to receive 2011 dividend in cash at 30 percent.
* Education Financial Investment Co. (EFI) has bought back over 1.3 million shares for treasury while Educational Book Co. in Hanoi City CEBS) has bought back 740,000 shares for the same purpose.
* Art and Design Communication Co. (ADC) obtained VND61.3 billion in revenue and VND3.6 billion in profit last year, or 91.6 percent and 20 percent higher than last year’s targets respectively.
* Vietnam Multimedia Corporation, or VTC, has announced that it would provide Digital Video Broadcasting-Terrestrial (DVB-T) services on its SD channels and other channels such as VTVl, VTV3, HNI and HTV7 for free.
* Vinavico Co. (CTA) has decided to contribute VND38 billion to establishment of Luc Yen Marble Joint Stock Co. in Yen Bai Province.
* Dat Xanh Real Estate Service & Construction Corporation (DXG) will float an additional 16 million shares on the southern bourse on January 16.
* Vietnam National Garment and Textile Group (Vinatex) on Saturday opened-a museum of the garment industry in Nam Dinh City
* PetroVietnam Power Joint Stock Corp (PV Power) has recently announced the business results for 2011 and plans for 2012 whereby ending 2011, the corporation’s total power output reached 13.35 billion kWh, revenue at 19.326 trillion dong, rising 22 percent from 2010 and exceeding 7 percent of the year’s target.
* Southern bourse-listed PetroVietnam Fertiliser and Chemical Joint Stock Corp (DPM) has recently said that in 2011 its total revenue was estimated to reach 8.936 trillion dong, up 28 percent from 2010 and after tax profit was about 2.65 trillion dong, up 56 percent on year.
* Vietnam Rubber Group has invested in 15 rubber planting projects in Cambodia and 9 projects in Laos with a total investment of nearly VND20 trillion. The group turned out around 270,000 tonnes of latex last year with total revenue of about VND33.5 trillion.
* Hung Phuc Investment Company has bought over 1.2 million shares of Foreign Trade Development and Investment Corporation of HCM City (FDC), or a 6.07 percent stake in the latter.
* PetroVietnam Fertiliser and Chemicals Corp (DPM) targets to obtain VND15.8 trillion in revenue and VND1.7 trillion in after-tax profit this year.
* Saigon Thuong Tin Tan Thang Real Estate Investment Joint Stock Co (TTJSC) has recently launched Celadon City urban zone project with about 7,000 apartments in Son Ky ward, Tan Phu district, HCM City after over one year of starting construction, according to the local newspaper Thoi Bao Kinh Te Saigon (Saigon Economic Times).
* Hoa Binh Construction & Real Estate Corporation (HBC) has bought back 500,000 shares for treasury.
* Sacombank Securities Co has closed its branch in Da Nang City.
* The State Securities Commission of Vietnam (SSC)’s chair on January 9, 2012 granted License No 03/UBCK-GCN for Bao Viet Commercial Joint Stock Bank to offer shares to the public. Accordingly, the lender is allowed to issue 165 million shares at the face value of 10,000 dong per share to the existing shareholders.