* The State Treasury of Vietnam will open auctions for VND25 trillion worth of government bonds and notes at the Hanoi Stock Exchange (HNX) in the first quarter of 2012, up VND10 trillion from Q4/2011, the bourse said.
* Vinashin Petroleum Investment and Transport JSC. (VSP) announces January 30 as the ex-date and February 2 as the record date for holding 2012 annual general meeting of shareholders (AGM). The company will hold the meeting on March 7 at the venue to be announced later.
* Khang Dien House Trading and Investment JSC (KDH) registered to buy 1 million treasury shares from January 30 to April 27 through order-matching and put-through. Currently, the company has no treasury shares.
* Sea and Air Freight International (SFI) announced January 31 as ex-date and February 2 as record date for seeking its shareholders’ approval for adjusting the new shares issuance plan to strategic partners. The company will announce time and venue soon.
* Vietinbank or Vietnam Joint Stock Commercial Bank for Industry and Trade (CTG) on January 12 got approval from the Hochiminh Stock Exchange to list 66,400,332 new shares worth VND664 billion on the bourse. The additional listing will be effective from January 16, 2012.
* COMA 18 JSC. (CIG) on January 12 got approval from the Hochiminh Stock Exchange to list 1,439,947 new shares worth VND14.4 billion on the bourse. The additional listing will be effective from January 17, 2012.
* VungTau Intourco Resort JSC. (VIR) issued 2,242,179 new shares out of registered 3 million units in the issuance to raise its charter capital to VND82.4 billion from VND52.4 billion. The company will issue 757,821 undistributed shares to International Tourism Service JSC in Ba Ria-Vung Tau province at VND10,000/share.
* Viet Capital Health Securities Investment Fund, a major shareholder of Japan Vietnam Medical Instrument JSC. (JVC), net sold 380,000 shares after selling 445,860 shares and buying 65,860 units by January 11. After the share trading, the fund cut its holding in the firm to 1.05 million shares from 1.43 million units earlier.
* SMC Trading – Investment JSC. (SMC) will float 4,918,256 new shares worth VND49.2 billion on the Hochiminh Stock Exchange on January 19. These new shares are issued to pay dividend to its existing shareholders according to Announcement No. 916/2011/TB-SGDHCM.
* Building Material and Construction Technology Co (Cotec), a major shareholder of Cotec Investment and Land-house Development JSC. (CLG) sold 1 million shares as registered by December 27, 2011. After the share sale, Cotec cut its holding in CLG to 3.09 million shares from 4.09 units previously.
* Danang Seaproducts Import – Export Corporation (SPD) announces January 18 as the ex-date and January 20 as the record date for 2011 first cash dividend payment. The payment will be made on March 26 at VND1,200/share.
* Kim Eng Securities Pte. Ltd, a major shareholder of Ben Thanh Water Supply JSC (BTW) has registered to buy 93,600 shares from January 17 to March 15. The major shareholder now holds 750,200 units or 8.01 percent stake.
* Bao Viet Insurance Corp on January 12, 2012 organised a meeting to carry out its business tasks in 2012. Ending 2011, the insurer earned a revenue of over 5.775 trillion dong, rising over 17 percent from 2010 and its pre tax profit of nearly 450 billion dong, continuing to lead the non-life insurance market.
* Vietnam Aviation Insurance Joint Stock Co (VNI) has recently summarised the operation in 2011 with estimated revenue of over 676 billion dong, of which, insurance premium was 583 billion dong (reinsurance was at about 20 billion dong) and revenue from financial investment activities was about 93 billion dong.
* In 2011, Hoa Binh Rubber Joint Stock Co (HRC) estimated to gain total revenue of 688 billion dong, pre tax profit of 142 billion dong and after tax profit at 128 billion dong, according to the company’s deputy general director, Bui Phuoc Tien.
* Dabaco Vietnam Group Joint Stock Co (coded DBC) has lately said that in 2011 the company gained five trillion dong revenue, much higher than its year plan of 3.754 trillion dong, according to Nguyen Nhu So, DBC’s CEO.
* Bitexco Group’s general director, Vu Quang Bao, has recently said his group will start construction on Ben Thanh Twin Towers project in the first quarter of 2012. As planned, the project will be completed and put into operation after 2015.
* TNG Investment and Trading JSC. (TNG) expects a pre-tax profit of VND55.24 billion on revenue Of VND1.4 trillion in 2012, including VND10.1 billion and VND263 billion in Q1/2012, respectively.
* Phu Hoa Tan Water Supply JSC. (PJS) announces the adjustment of some 2011 business targets as follows: The company decided to lower supplied water output to 30.9 million m3 from 31.2 million m3; raise water supply revenue to VND226.6 billion from VND224.6 billion; expand water supply network to 2,960 m instead of 641 m; and repair 8,170m water supply network instead of 13,379 m as announced before.
* Hai Minh Joint Stock Co (coded HMH) has recently adjusted down its chartered capital from 100 billion dong to 75.57 billion dong.
* Transport and Chartering Corporation (VFR) announces the contents of its extraordinary general meeting (EGM) held on January 6 as follows: The company decided to close its Vietfracht Can Tho; extend duration for purchasing treasury shares and reappoint Nguyen Thanh Thuy as its chief accountant for 3-year term since November 1, 2011.
* Vietnam Rubber Finance Company, a major shareholder of Chuong Duong Corporation (CDC), failed to sell 400,000 shares and to buy 400,000 units by January 8 due to unexpected prices. Currently, Vietnam Rubber Finance Company still holds 3,271,560 CDC shares or 21.87 percent stake.
* Vietcombank or Joint Stock Commercial Bank for Foreign Trade of Vietnam (VCB) announced its new business registration certificate with a newly raised charter capital of VND23.17 billion from VND19.7 trillion. The new business registration certificate was changed for the 7th time on January 10, 2012.