* Ho Chi Minh Stock Exchange (STC) on January 21 approved the Hapaco Joint Stock Co (HAP) to list 2,192,369 additional shares on the southern bourse. These shares were issued to pay 15% dividend for the year 2007 (shareholders in the list closed on December 8, 2008 holding 100 shares will receive 15 new shares).
* Hanoi Securities Trading Centre (HaSTC) on January 21 approved Song Da Transport Construction Joint Stock Co (coded SKS) to list 1.9 million shares on the northern bourse with the total value of 19 billion dong.
* Ho Chi Minh Stock Exchange (STC) recently announced that February 11 would be the registration deadline for Sao Ta Food Joint Stock Co (coded FMC) to close the list of shareholders to advance 12% dividend in cash for the first phase of 2008, equalling to 1,200 dong per share. The ex-interest date is on February 9. The payment date is on February 15.
* HCM City based Transforwarding and Warehousing Joint Stock Co (Trasimex Saigon) has released its Q4 business results for 2008 with the sales revenue of 43.7 billion dong, 6.07 billion dong in after-tax profit, lifting the total figure for the whole year to 175 billion dong and 27.37 billion dong, up 30% and 61%, respectively from 2007.
* SMC Investment and Trading Joint Stock Co (coded SMC) has announced its Q4 business results of last year with the revenue of 993.4 billion dong and profit of 12.2 billion dong, lifting the total figures for 2008 to 4.184 trillion dong and 71.84 billion dong, respectively, increasing by 39% and 56% year-on-year. In 2008, the firm’s EPS was 6,629 dong per share.
* Imexpharm Pharmaceutical Joint Stock Co (coded IMP) recently reported the business results in Q4 2008 with 172.435 billion dong in net revenue from sales and services, up 48% yoy and 15.492 billion dong in after tax profit, rising 69.66% yoy, bringing the total figures during the year 2008 to 561.844 billion dong and 62.235 billion dong, respectively with the EPS of 5,338 dong.
* Quang Ninh Construction and Cement Joint Stock Co (coded QNC) recently reported its business results in Q4 2008 with 202.14 billion dong in net revenue from sales and services, up 2.87% year-on-year and 8.15 billion dong in after tax profit, down 64.57% from previous year, bringing the total respective figures for 2008 to 736.68 billion dong, rising 23.27% yoy and 51.89 billion dong, falling 0.78% yoy with the EPS of 4,152 dong.
* Vietnam-Italia Steel Joint Stock Co (coded VIS) recently announced that Song Da Corp purchased 78,080 VIS-coded shares from January 12 to 16, increasing the holding to 51% stake or 7.65 million shares. Before the transaction, Song Da Corp held 7,571,920 shares, accounting for 50.48% of chartered capital.
* Song Da 10.1 Joint Stock Co reported earning revenue of over 108 billion dong, 15.62 billion dong in profit and the ratio of profit on ownership capital at 30.83% in 2008, which are expected to be 162 billion dong, 19 billion dong and 35.52% this year.
* Vinaconex 6 Joint Stock Co (coded VC6) recently started construction on water treatment plant invested by Japan-based Zenitaka group in Thang Long II Industrial Zone in My Hao Dist in the Northern Province of Hung Yen. The 14.5 billion dong project is expected to be finished by May 15, 2009.
* During the year 2008, Pacific Commercial Joint Stock Bank (Pacific Bank) finalised increasing chartered capital to 1.133 trillion dong under Decree No 141 issued by the government and gained nearly 23 billion dong in pre tax profit.
Sources: Thoi Bao Kinh Te Vietnam, Lao Dong, Nguoi Lao Dong, Dau Tu, Dau Tu Chung Khoan, Tuoi Tre, Tin Tuc, Nhan Dan, Vietstock, SSC, VCBS, HaSTC.