* Phat Dat Real Estate Development Joint Stock Co registered would list 130.2 million shares on the southern bourse under the share code of PDR.
* The northern bourse-listed Song Da Yaly Cement Joint Stock Co (coded SDY) announced July 12 would be the ex-dividend session and July 14 of registration deadline to close the shareholders list for issuing additional shares for existing shareholders.
* The State Securities Commission (SSC) announced to offer license for establishing an investment fund named MB Japan Asian Fund to MB Capital fund management Co. The new fund has total capital scale of one trillion dong, with initial capital contribution of 200 billion dong, in which foreign investors would contribute 49 percent of the total capital.
* Song Da Joint Stock Co No 4 (coded SD4) announced to close the shareholders list on July 16 in order to close the buying warrants for the newly issued shares for the existing shareholders. July 14 would be the ex-dividend session.
* Saigon Brewery Joint Stock Co (Tribeco – coded TRI) has lately announced the results of transferring shares in its two subsidiaries of Tribeco Northern Region Joint Stock Co and Tribeco Binh Duong Joint Stock Co
* Hanoi Stock Exchange (HNX) announced its approval in principle for PetroVietnam Insurance Joint Stock Corp (coded PVI) for offering shares to the existing shareholders and strategic shareholders.
* Hanoi Stock Exchange (HNX) announced to officially list additional 4.55 million shares of Trans-Pacific Joint Stock Co (coded PAN) on July 9, 2010.
* The northern bourse-listed Vinaconex 6 Joint Stock Co (coded VC6) announced that July 9 would be ex-dividend session and July 13 registration deadline to close the shareholders list for collecting opinions in document from July 21 about adjusting the share-issuing method to increase chartered capital to 80 billion dong.
* Saigon-Hanoi Securities Co has sold nearly 940,000 shares of Transport Engineering Construction & Business Investment Co 584 (NTB) to lower its ownership from 5.6 percent to 3 percent.
* Can Don Hydro Power Co (SJD) will begin trading 5.9 million additional shares on the southern bourse on July 8. Vietnam Sun Corporation (VNS) will also begin to trade 9.9 million additional shares on the same day.
* Vincom Co (VIC) has announced to acquire a 35 percent stake worth 17.5 billion dong in the Thang Long Real Estate Trading & Investment Joint Stock Co.
* The Hanoi Stock Exchange will apply new trading regulations for the UPCoM, the market for unlisted public firms from July 15.
* Hanoi South Housing and Urban Development Corporation (NHA) will begin trading over 5.8 million shares on the northern bourse on July 13.
* Vietnam Telecommunications Technology Joint Stock Co. has sought approval to trade 1.5 million shares on the northern bourse.
* The Hanoi Stock Exchange will auction four million shares of Vinh Phuc 2 Environment, Water Supply & Drainage Co on July 21 with the price starting at 10,100 dong per share.
* Cai Lay Veterinary Pharmaceutical Co (MKV) has announced July 9 as the ex-dividend date for shareholders to receive 2009 cash dividend at 6 percent and stock dividend at the 100:6 ratio.
* Bao Viet Securities Investment Fund has acquired over 168,000 shares of Truong Thanh Furniture Corporation (TIF) to increase its ownership from 9.4 percent to 10 percent.
* Cotec Land and Housing Investment Development Joint Stock Co (CotecLand) announced to gain accumulative profit in the first six months of this year of 42 billion dong, fulfilling 52.5 percent of the year plan on July 5, 2010.
* In the annual meeting of management board in Ngo Han Joint Stock Co (STC-listed NHW), the company announced to gain total net revenue of 532.7 billion dong in Jan-May period and net profit of 32.2 billion dong, fulfilling 38 percent and 53 percent respectively of the year plan.
* In the first six months of this year, the southern bourse-listed Ben Thanh Trading and Services Joint Stock Co (coded BTT) announced to reach H1 pre-tax profit of 20 billion dong, a year-on-year increase of 57 percent.
* This year is named the “golden year” for rice exporting countries, including Vietnam, according to a forecast in early 2010. However, the result shows that in the first six months, rice exports have fallen in both volume and price.
* Ministry of Information and Communication stated that up to the end of June 2010, the total gained revenue in post and telecommunication industry was estimated at 87.068 trillion dong, increasing 45 percent year-on-year. There are 151.1 million registered telephone subscribers, in which mobile phone subscribers’ account for 89.9 percent or 135.6 million subscribers.
* PVFC Capital, a subsidiary of PetroVietnam Financial Joint Stock Corp (PVFC), has signed an agreement to set up an oil and gas fund with Japanese and South Korean investors. This is part of an investment-promotion programme organised by the Vietnam National Oil and Gas Group (PetroVietnam) and the Japan External Trade Organisation. The $500 million fund will be operational for five to 10 years with large energy projects in Vietnam being its targets.
* TCIE Co Ltd, part of Malaysia’s Tan Chong Group, has broken ground for the first auto assembly Plant in Da Nang City. The $15 million project covers over 130,000 square meters in Hoa Khanh Industrial Park and will be up and running in 2012.
* Saigon Port Co Ltd has got approval from the HCM City government to construct a barge harbour with a capacity of under 1,000 tonnes in Nha Be District. The project will facilitate logistics at Saigon-Hiep Phuoc Port.
* Phu Tuong Food Joint Stock Co has commenced work on a candy-packaging factory in Due Hoa 2 Industrial Park in Long An Province, with investment of over $3 million. The plant will have 18 production lines when the second phase is completed.
* Hoa Binh Construction & Real Estate Corporation (HBC) has won construction contracts for four property projects in Hanoi, HCM City and Da Nang City.
* Gemadept Corporation (GMD) expects to obtain 1.8 trillion dong in revenue, 230 billion dong in after-tax profit and one trillion dong in chartered capital in 2010.
* Maritime Commercial Joint Stock Bank (Maritime Bank) has earned combined profit of over 766 billion dong in H1, up to June 30, 2010.
* Vietnam Technological Commercial Joint Stock Bank (Techcombank) has announced that it has increased chartered capital from over 5.4 trillion dong to 6.932 trillion dong in accordance with the plan that was approved in the shareholders meeting earlier.
* The State Bank of Vietnam (SBV) has approved the proposal of SBV-Hanoi Branch for increasing chartered capital of Saigon-Hanoi Commercial Joint Stock Bank (SHB) from two trillion dong to 3.5 trillion dong.
* Saigon Commercial Joint Stock Bank (SCB) has announced that up to the end of June, 2010, the bank’s total assets value was estimated at 54.687 trillion dong, up 26.23 percent against the same period of last year. The bank’s total capital was posted at 4.209 trillion dong.
* Bao Viet Commercial Joint Stock Bank (BaoVietBank) has lately opened a new branch located at No 105 Nguyen Thi Minh Khai St, Vinh City, Nghe An province, raising the bank’s total transaction amount to 20 points nationwide.