* The Hochiminh Stock Exchange has told Fecon Foundation Engineering & Underground Construction Joint Stock Company to complete necessary listing procedures to trade over 13.8 million shares.
* Tam Due Steel Production Company has bought over 977,000 shares of Dai Thien Loc Company (DTL) to secure a 12.2 percent stake in the enterprise.
* CMC Corporation (CMG)’s shares will be put into warning status from July 13 as the firm incurred a net loss of VND101.02 billion in 2011.
* Saigon Machinery Spare Parts Company (SMA) has announced July 25 as the ex-dividend for shareholders to receive 2010 third round dividend and 2011 dividend in cash at 19 percent.
* Cotec Construction Company (CTD) has won a VND458 billion contract to build TexHong 2 workshop at Viglacera – Hai Yen Industrial Park in Quang Ninh Province.
* Southern Rubber Industry Joint Stock Company (CSM) on July 11 got the Hochiminh Stock Exchange (STC)’s approval to list its 10 million new shares worth VND100 billion on the bourse. The additional listing will be effective from July 12 and these shares will be available for trade on July 18, 2012.
* Ba Ria – Vung Tau House Development Joint Stock Company (HDC) on July 11 got the Hochiminh Stock Exchange (STC)’s approval to list its 3,509,839 new shares worth VND35.1 billion on the bourse. The additional listing will be effective from July 13, 2012.
* Sao Yang Rubber Company (SRC) has announced July 18 as the ex- dividend date to pay 2011 dividend in cash for shareholders at 5 percent.
* Seaprodex Refrigeration Industry Corporation (SRF) has gained approval to trade an additional 111,000 shares on the southern exchange.
* Prudential Balanced Fund (PRUBFl) has announced its net asset value (NAV) per unit by July 5 at
VND9,186, dropping by VND61 against a week earlier. Manulife Progressive Fund (MAFPF1) has announced its NAV per unit by July 5 at VND6,7l0, down by VND59 from the previous week.
* Tay Ninh Rubber Joint Stock Company (TRC) registered to use retained earnings as of March 31, 2012 to buy 700,000 shares for treasury via order matching and put through from July 20 to October 20. TRC now holds 400,000 treasury shares.
* FPT has gained approval to trade an additional 53.9 million shares on the southern exchange while Southern Rubber Industry Company (CSM) has been allowed to float 10 million more shares on the bourse.
* Phuong Dong Petroleum Tourism JSC. (PDC) announced to select Deloitte Vietnam Co., Ltd to audit its 2012 financial statements and vice director was authorised to prepare all legal procedures to sign contract.
* Truong Thanh Furniture Corporation (TTF) announced July 20 as ex-date and July 24 as record date for holding its 2012 second extraordinary general shareholders’ meeting (EGM). The EGM is expected to take place on August 11 at the firm’s headquarter – DT 747, KP 7, Uyen Hung town, Tan Uyen district, Binh Duong province. Contents of the EGM include the plan to issue shares to existing shareholders and others.
* Mekong Fisheries Joint Stock Company (AAM) registered to buy back 500,000 shares for treasury for 90 days from July 18 via order matching or put through to stabilise share prices in the market. AAM currently has 2.2 million treasury shares.
* Quoc Cuong Gia Lai Joint Stock Company (QCG) reported that the firm has converted 58,500 bonds into 5,558,230 shares at VND10,524/share. These converted bonds made up 30 percent of its total convertible bonds issued.
* HUD3 Investment and Construction Joint Stock Company (HU3) announced July 23 as ex-date and July 25 as record date for seeking its shareholders’ approval. HUD3 Investment and Construction Joint Stock Company (HU3) announced July 23 as ex-date and July 25 as record date for seeking its shareholders’ approval for time adjustment for key personnel changes and for investment in secondary project in Le Thai To Urban Area, Bac Ninh province.
* Kinh Do Corporation (KDC) has announced July 25 as the ex-dividend date to pay 2011 second round dividend in cash for shareholders at 12 percent.
* Hanoi South Housing and Urban Development Corporation (NHA) announced to select Asia East Audit Co., Ltd to audit its 2012 financial statements. The firm said in a filing sent to HNX’s website on July 11, 2012.
* Bac Giang Exploitable Mineral Joint Stock Company (BGM) delayed holding its second Annual general Meeting (AGM) planned to be held on July 12, 2012 due to time violation after the firm announced to shareholders only 7 days prior to the AGM. The company will announce the exact time and venue for the second AGM later.
* Ben Thanh Trading & Service Joint-Stock Company (BTT) announced July 23 as ex-date and July 25 as record date for its 2012 interim cash dividend payment at VND1,000/share. The payment will be made on August 8, 2012.
* Tay Nguyen Electricity Investment Joint Stock Company (TIC) has bought back 500,000 shares as registered by July 10 at market prices via order matching/put through. TIC currently has 2,374,003 treasury shares versus 1,874,003 units earlier.
* NDH Vietnam Ltd, a major shareholder of Pan Pacific Corporation (PAN) reported its holding change by July 6 as follows. NDH Vietnam Ltd bought 150,000 shares by July 6, 2012. After the share purchase, NDH Vietnam Ltd now holds 787,700 shares or 6.82 percent stake versus 637,700 units or 5.52 percent stake earlier.
* MayBank Kim Eng Securities Pte. Ltd has become a major shareholder of Petrolimex Joint Stock Tanker Company (PJT) after buying 15,450 shares by July 3, 2012. MayBank Kim Eng Securities Pte. Ltd currently holds 421,860 shares or 5.02 percent stake in the firm.
* Dai Thien Loc Corporation (DTL) announced that DTL Auditing Ltd will audit its financial statements in 2012.
* Anvifish Joint Stock Company (AVF) announced to change the time for its 2011 cash dividend payment due to cash shortage as follows: The dividend payment will be made in two phases: VND500/share on July 12 and VND1,000 on November 12, 2012. Shareholders on the list recorded on June 8, 2012 will be entitled for dividend payment.
* SSI Asset Management Company has acquired over 754,000 shares of Saigon general Service Corporation (SVC) to increase its shareholding from 5 percent to 8 percent.
* Hoa Phat Group has held the topping-out ceremony for Block A of the Mandarin Garden luxury apartment project in Hanoi City’s Cau Giay District. The project in the Dong Nam-Tran Duy Hung urban area has four blocks with 999 units.
* Cho Lon Investment and Import Export Company has been asked to stop farming white-legged shrimps in Can Gio Biosphere Reserve, and this project will not be carried out until receiving approval from the prime minister or the city’s government
* Viet Au Hoa Binh Joint Stock Company yesterday started developing the Viet Au ecological urban area covering 250,000 square meters in Luong Son District in the northern mountainous province of Hoa Binh. The project, set for completion in 2015, consists of 135 townhouses, 61 villas and a resort.
* SIMCO Song Da Joint Stock Company will sell 26 adjoining houses and villas of the Van Phuc new sub-urban area’s second phase in Ha Dong District, Hanoi City via property trading floors next month
* The supermarket chain Big C has launched a promotion programme with discounts of 2-12 percent on 300 essential products from now until September 3. Specifically, if prices of these products drop, Big C will offer a corresponding price reduction, but if they rise, Big C will negotiate with suppliers to maintain the prices of these 300 products.
* China-based TexHong Group yesterday started work on ayarn factory in an area of 40 hectares in HaiYen Industrial Park, Quang Ninh Province, Vietnam News Agency reports. This $300 million factory can produce nearly 140,000 tonnes of yarn per year and will go into operation in next year’s third quarter.
* Nokia Indochina and Philippines yesterday introduced the Nokia Pureview 808 smartphone with a built-in 41- megapixel camera to Vietnamese consumers. This product retails for over VND 12 million.