* ANZ Bank has successfully finished holding the bond-issuing session for Song Da Group in dong with total value of 1.5 trillion dong or $79 million.
* This report was released after the annual general meetings (AGMs) held by VEIL and VGF, investment funds managed by Dragon Capital yesterday July 12 in HCM City.
* Vietnam Electricity Construction Joint Stock Corp (coded VNE) announced that July 22 would be the registration deadline to close the list of shareholders for paying dividend and offering new shares for existing shareholders. The ex-dividend session would be July 20.
* Hochiminh Stock Exchange (STC) announced the results of selling fund shares of Saigon Cable and Telecommunication Materials Joint Stock Co (coded SAM).
* Sonadezi Long Thanh Joint Stock Co (coded SZL) announced to gain H1 pre-tax profit of 25 billion dong. In 2010, SZL targeted to reach whole year revenue of 101 billion dong and pre-tax profit of 30 billion dong. However, with the positive business results in the first six months, the company expected to achieve total pre-tax profit of 50 billion dong, up 30 billion dong against the proposed year plan
* Nguyen Dang Lanh, chair of management board in Song Da Joint Stock Co No 9.06 (coded S96) announced that in the first six months of 2010, the company reported earning total production output of 73 billion dong, revenue of 26 billion dong and profit of 10.6 billion dong.
* On July, 09 2010, Wall Street Stock Co (WSS) signed an agreement to cooperate with Alba-ace Stock Co (Japan). The two sides would cooperate to increase the capital, cooperate in projects of Wall Street Group (including three companies: Wall Street Stock Co, Wall Street Gold Co and Wall Street Urban
* FPT Securities Joint Stock Co (FPTS) announced gaining 35 billion dong of accumulative pre-tax profit in the first half of 2010. The Jan-June total revenue was posted at 124 billion dong.
* Song Da Transportation and Trade Joint Stock Co (SDP) said, SDP has been entrusted exploiting, transporting and supplying Song Lo golden sand to build Son La province’s Nam Chien hydropower plant from 2010.
* Hoa Phat Group announced that the Hoa Phat Steel Pipe Co continued receiving orders from customers until the end of Q3. In July only, the export turnovers of Hoa Phat steel pipe was expected to reach about $1 million. This is the largest export volume per month that Hoa Phat Group’s subsidiary has achieved.
* Masan Group Joint Stock Co (coded MSN) plans to buy back 70 percent of total capital contribution of Dragon Capital in Nui Phao Minerals Mining and Processing Joint Venture.
* The southern bourse-listed Ben Tre Seafood Export-Import Joint Stock Co (coded ABT) announced to achieve total profit after tax of 61.61 billion dong in the first six months of 2010, increasing by 152 percent against the same period of last year and fulfilling 77 percent of the year plan.
* Duc Thanh Wood Processing Joint Stock Co (coded GDT) has earned H1 profit after tax of 12.73 billion dong, up 2 percent against the same period of last year and fulfilling 40 percent of the year plan. The company reported earning total net revenue of 69.7 billion dong, declining by 3 percent year-on-year and combined profit of 26.15 billion dong, up 13 percent over the same period of last year.
* Vietnam’s currency market for third consecutive week has seen the State Bank of Vietnam “pumping” capital through open market operations (OMO). Although the amount of pumped capital is not big, this indicates that the market operator is continuing to support capital for commercial banks.
* Standard Chartered Bank has officially signed cooperation contract with Thu Duc Housing Development Joint Stock Co (ThuDuc House – TDH) for offering loans with payment terms of up to 20 years for the house purchasers.
* Viet A Commercial Joint Stock Bank (VietABank) announced on July 12, 2010 the bank’s business results in the first half of this year as well as the plan for the coming six months. In details, within the period of Jan-June, VietABank announced to gain total raising capital of 14.1 trillion dong and outstanding credit of 12.15 trillion dong.
* Military Commercial Joint Stock Bank (MB) has applied new deposit rates for savings in dong and foreign bank in almost all terms, starting from July 9, 2010.