* Tran Anh Digital World JSC. (TAG) used its capital surplus to buy back all 7,815 registered shares to buy for treasury shares from June 27-July 9, 2012 via put-through and order-matching at issuing prices. The firm currently has 237,255 treasury shares.
* Hong Phat Construction Investment JSC (HPR) announced Tin Viet Investment Co. was no longer its major shareholder form July 12, 2012 after selling all 552,500 shares or 11.51 percent stake.
* Gia Dinh Net Joint Stock Company has withdrawn a listing application from the Hanoi Stock Exchange.
* Mechanics Construction and Foodstuff Company (MCF) obtained over VND14 billion in after-tax profit in the first half of this year.
* Leadvisor Capital Management Joint Stock Company has bought 100,000 shares of 565 Construction Company (NSN) to raise its ownership from 6.7 percent to 10.1 percent.
* Prudential Balanced Fund (PRUBFl) has announced its net asset value (NAV) per unit by July 12 at VND9,137, dropping by VND49 against the previous week. Manulife Progressive Fund (MAFPF1) has announced its NAV per unit by July 12 at VND6,632, falling by VND78 from the week earlier.
* Saigon Securities Inc. (SSI) gained VND417.6 billion in revenue and VND331 billion in after-tax profit in the January-June period.
* Bien Hoa Packaging Company (SVI) has decided to advance 2012 first round dividend in cash for shareholders at 10 percent.
* Vietnam Electricity Construction Company (VNE) obtained around VND50.6 billion in after-tax profit in the second quarter of2012.
* Individual investor Nguyen Thanh Nghia has offloaded over 561,000 shares of Mekong Fisheries Company (AAM), or a 6.14 percent stake in the enterprise.
* SSI Real Estate Investment Trust Corporation has bought over 782,000 shares of National Seed Company (NSC), or a 9.48 percent stake on the latter.
* Societe De Bourbon Tay Ninh Company (SBT) expects to gain VND230 billion in pre-tax profit in the first half of 2012, or 58 percent of this year’s target.
* Phu Hung Securities Company has closed a transaction office in HCM City’s District 5.
* FPT Shop is offering gifts worth VND600,000 for customers buying The New iPad-4G and iPad 3G from now until the month-end.
* An Giang Coffee JSC. (AGC) explained its share prices hit floor as the firm had posted its financial statement of Q1/2012 with huge net loss (VND10.47 billion) and its decision of delisting shares on July 17, 2012 that effects shareholders’ sentiment. Many shareholders have sold-off AGC shares and AGC shares have continuously hit floor.
* Power Engineering Consulting Joint Stock Company 1 (TV1) on July 18 got the Hochiminh Stock Exchange (STC)’s approval to list its 3,000,771 new shares worth VND30 billion on the bourse. The additional listing will be effective from July 20, 2012.
* Vimedimex Medi – Pharma Joint Stock Company (VMD) on July 18 got the Hochiminh Stock Exchange (STC)’s approval to list its 299,072 new shares worth VND2.99 billion on the bourse. The additional listing will be effective from July 20, 2012.
* Quang Tri Mineral Co. yesterday started work on an ilmenite factory and a zircon grinding factory in Quang Ngang Industrial Park in Quang Tri Province’s Gio Linh District. The two factories have total investment of VND110 billion and will create jobs for around 240 people. They aim to generate annual revenue of VND270 billion a year.
* Dien Hong Printing JSC. (DHI) sent a file to HNX’s website on July 18, reporting its management operation in H1/2012 with following contents: 1. Members of Board of directors (BOD) fully participated the BOD’s meetings. 2. Reports Supervision activities of BOD to Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and activities of groups of BOD are normal. 3. Reports list of related persons 4. Reports list and share transactions of insiders and related persons.
* Vietnam Shipbuilding Industry Group (Vinashin) on Monday handed over the 14,600-tonne ship BRAVE to Nghi Son Cement Corporation. The ship, designed by Japan’s AZ Co., is 132 meters long and 25 meters wide.
* Vinh Phuc Infrastructure Development JSC (IDV) posted VND14.82 billion consolidated and audited net profit in 2011. The firm said in its financial statement sent to HNX’s website on July 18, 2012. The firm generated VND29.91 billion revenues in 2011. By December 31th, 2011 the firm had total VND291.92 billion assets. The firm also posted earnings per share (EPS) at VND4,201/share in the year.
* Nam Kim Steel Joint Stock Company (NKG) disclosed its new business registration certificate changed for the 11th time on July 16, 2012 as follows: The new business registration certificate has added more information about its branch in the North at National Road 5A, Km 19, Trung Trac Village, Van Lam District, Hung Yen Province, Vietnam.
* Saigon-Hanoi Securities JSC. (SHS), whose CEO is Hoang Dinh Loi, a member of the Board of directors (BOD) of Vung Tau Real Estate and Construction JSC (VRC), bought 460,000 shares as registered by July 18 via order matching and put-through. After the share purchase, SHS raised its holding to 2,822,874 shares or 19.91 percent stake from earlier holding of 2,362,874 shares or 16.66 percent stake in the company.
* Vinaship Joint Stock Company (VNA) announced that Auditing and Accounting Financial Consultancy Service Co., Ltd will audit its financial statements in 2012.
* MobiFone has become the first mobile service provider in Vietnam to provide a mobile social network. Zoota athttp://wota. vn enables MobiFone subscribers to chat, give comments, make friends, share photos and play games on mobile phones running on the operating systems of iOS, Android, Syrnbian and Blackberry. MobiFone is offering 30 days free for users registering for the service from now until October 16. The service will normally be charged at VND15,000 for 30 days.
* Hoa Binh Real Estate and Construction (HBC) yesterday kicked off construction of a garment plant of Esquel Garment Manufacturing Vietnam in Luong Son Industrial Park in the northern province of Hoa Binh. The plant was constructed under LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) standards.
* Nam A Commercial Bank has successfully connected to the MasterCard payment system.