* The State Treasury will auction VND5.5 trillion worth of two, three, five and 10-year government bonds on July 27. Meanwhile, Vietnam Bank for Social Policies could not sell any of VND2 trillion worth of three and five-year government-backed bonds at auction last Friday.
* The Hanoi Stock Exchange has announced a delisting of over 8.3 million shares of Construction Company No. 11 (V11) from August 17.
* Vimedimex Medi-Pharma Co (VMD) will float an additional 299,000 shares on the southern bourse on July 26.
* Mien Dong Joint Stock Company (MDG) has bought 299,250 shares for treasury out of 1 million units registered to buy from April 23 to July 29 due to stock market volatility. MDG currently has 299,250 treasury shares.
* Viglacera Dong Trieu JSC. (DTC) announced to select Auditing and Accounting Financial Consultancy Service Co., Ltd ( AASC) to audit its 2012 financial statements, replacingThang long – T.D.K Auditing And Consultant Co.,Ltd
* Vietnam Construction JSC. No. 12 (V12) announced to select Deloitte Vietnam Co., Ltd to audit its 2012 financial statements. The firm said in its filing sent to HNX’s website on July 23.
* Ha Long Canned Food Stock Corporation (CAN) announced to choose KPMG Co. Ltd to audit its 2012 financial statements. The firm said in its filing sent to HNX’s website on July 23.
* PetroVietnam Finance Corporation, a major shareholder of Pha Lai Thermal Power JSC. (PPC), bought 392,000 shares out of 2 million units registered to buy by July 18 through order matching due to unfavourable market conditions. After the share purchase, PVFC raised its holding in the firm to 7,731,700 shares from 7,339,700 units earlier.
* Power Engineering Consulting Joint Stock Company 1 (TV1) has listed its 3,000,771 new shares on the Hochiminh Stock Exchange (STC) on July 20, 2012. These shares were issued to pay 2011 share dividend to existing shareholders and will be available for trade from August 3, 2012.
* Duc Long Gia Lai Group Joint Stock Company (DLG) attributed its late disclosure of the date for converting bonds into shares to the company’s lateness in updating and applying new regulations.
* Transforwarding & Warehousing Joint Stock Company (TMS) will list its 4,797,954 new shares worth VND47.98 billion on the Hochiminh Stock Exchange on July 25, 2012. These shares were issued to convert convertible bonds and pay bonus shares to shareholders and will be available for trade from July 31, 2012.
* Vinacafe Bien Hoa Joint Stock Company (VCF) announced that KPMG Ltd will audit its financial statements in 2012.
* Transport Engineering Construction & Business Investment Stock Company 584 (NTB) on July 23 got the Hochiminh Stock Exchange’s approval to list its 3,779,577 new shares worth VND37.8 billion on the bourse. The additional listing will be effective on July 25, 2012.
* Educational Book Company in HCM City (SGD) has bought back over 167,000 shares as treasury shares.
* Phong Phu Pharmaceutical JSC (PPP) announced July26 as ex-date and July 30 as record-date for its 2012 second cash dividend at VND200/share. Payment will be made on August 15, 2012.
* Vietnam Energy Investment and Development Company has offloaded 154,000.shares of Solavina Company (SVN), or a 5.13 percent stake in the latter.
* National Securities Co has closed a transaction in Hanoi’s Hai Ba Trung District.
* Cotec Anpha Company has registered to buy 500,000 shares of Cotec Investment and Land-House Development Company (CLG), or a 5 percent stake in the enterprise.
* Pan Pacific Corporation (PAN) estimates to gain VND130 billion in revenue and VND21 billion in pre-tax profit in the first six months of this year. The enterprise has decided to make long-term investment in AGF shares of An Giang Fisheries Import & Export Company.
* Saigon Thuong Tin Real Estate Company (SCR) has decided to contribute VND7 billion to establishment of Binh Tay Technical Infrastructure Joint Stock Company.
* Bien Hoa Packaging Co (SVl) has announced July 27 as the ex-dividend date to advance 2012 first round dividend in cash for shareholders at 10 percent.
* Vietnam Prosperity Bank from July 15-17 lowered annual lending rates for nearly 400 old loans with a total value of VND460 billion to a maximum of 15 percent. All old loans qualified for the rate cut regulation at the bank are expected at around VND10 trillion.
* European Plastics Window Joint Stock Company is offering a discount of 1 0 percent for customers buying products until August 20, and customers have a chance to win a Mercedes C200 and other valuable gifts.
* Nuance Communications has started to provide the voice recognition application Dragon Dictation and the search application Dragon Search for iPhone, iPod and iPad users in Vietnam.
* Orient Commercial Bank (OCB) and IBM Vietnam have signed a deal to deploy information management solutions, including IBM Netezza and IBM Cognos. OCB has set aside $3 million for the project which will be deployed for three years.
* Vietnam National Shipping Lines Corp (Vinalines) transported 15.3 million tonnes of goods in the first six months, accounting for only 85 percent of the figure from the same period last year. Vinalines obtained VND11.614 trillion in revenue and incurred a loss of VND 1.439 trillion Jan-June,
* VietJetAir yesterday announced a plan to fly between HCM City and Nha Trang from August 3.
From tomorrow until Thursday the private airline will sell single fares from VND19,000 (less than $1) at www.vietjetair.com for lights on this route from August 3 to 30 and October 1 to December 30.
* Global marketing communications company Y&R last week opened its new Vietnam office at 193 Dinh Tien Hoang Street in District 1. On this occasion, the agency unveiled a comprehensive study conducted last month amongst 18-35 year olds in both Northern and Southern Vietnam about vehicles, beauty, communication, education, entertainment, fashion, food, money, health, kids, love, luxury, media, sports, technology and travel.