* Ha Long JSC. (VHL) announced August 3 as ex-date and August 7 as record - date for its 2011 second cash dividend payment at VND400/share. Payment will be done on August 30, 2012.
* Materials – Petroleum Joint Stock Company (COM) on July 26 was reminded by the STC that the firm has established a subsidiary on April 27, 2012 without disclosing information.
* ABC International Group JSC, a major shareholder of Portserco JSC (PRC) bought 20,000 out of 166,400 shares registered to buy and sold none out of 123,600 shares registered to sell from May 22- July 17, 2012 due to unexpected share prices. ABC International Group JSC now holds 143,600 shares or 12.18 percent stake at HNX listed firm.
* Construction Joint Stock Company No 5 (SC5) announced to have set up two factories as follows: 1. Construction and Infrastructure Development Factory with Nguyen Dinh Dung as director. 2. Construction Factory No 6 with Dang Van Dung as director. Dang Van Tu, deputy CEO of SC5 directly oversees the activities of these two factories.
* SSI Asset Management Co., Ltd (SSIAM), a major shareholder of Vietnam Fumigation JSC (VFG) now holds 1,702,526 VFG shares or 13.43 percent stake after selling 12,150 units and buying 139,120 units by July 19, 2012.
* SSI Asset Management Co., Ltd (SSIAM) was no longer a shareholder of Viet Thang Feed Joint Stock Company (VTF) after selling 2,384,190 shares and buying 134,190 units by July 23, 2012.
* Cuchi Commercial and Industrial Developing Investment Joint Stock Company (CCI) announced August 2 as ex-date and August 6 as record date for its 2012 first dividend payment at VND800/share. Payment will be made on August 15, 2012 for shares registered at VSD only.
* Ninh Hoa Sugar Joint Stock Company (NHS) announced that KPMG Vietnam Ltd will audit its financial statements in 2012, the firm said in a filing posted on the STC’s website on July 25.
* Gentraco Feed JSC (GFC) announced Viet Anh JSC to become its major shareholder from July 16, 2012 after buying 100,000 shares and increasing its ownership to 455,800 shares or 5.38 percent stake.
* Seaprodex Refrigeration Industry Corporation (SRF) registered to buy back 1.3 million for treasury from August 6 to November 5 this year via order matching or put through to ensure profitability to shareholders. After the share trading, SRF is expected to hold 2,007,140 treasury shares from 707,140 units currently.
* Viet Anh JSC, whose director is Diep Hoang Son-also a member of Board of directors (BOD) of Gentraco Feed JSC (GFC) bought all 100,000 registered shares on July 16, 2012, increasing its ownership to 455,800 shares or 5.38 percent stake at the listed firm.
* Central Area Electrical Mechanical JSC. (CJC) announced to choose Auditing and Accounting Company Limited at 217 Nguyen Van Linh, Da Nang to audit its 2012 financial statements. The firm said in a filing sent to HNX ‘ website on July 24.
* Lam Dong Foodstuff JSC. (VDL) announced to choose Auditing and Accounting Company Limited to audit its 2012 financial statements. The firm said in a filing sent to HNX ‘ website on July 24.
* A.N.P.H.A JSC whose chair is Bui Cong Giang, also vice chair of Vegetable Port JSC. (VGP) has registered to sell 200,000 shares from July 30- August 29, 2012 via order-matching to restructure its portfolio. A.N.P.H.A JSC now owns 912,433 shares or 11.53 percent stake at VGP.
* Golden Bridge Vietnam Securities Company has closed a branch in Hanoi’s Dong Da District.
* SMC Trading – Investment Joint Stock Co (SMC) explained a 11.09 percent consolidated net profit rise in the second quarter of this year to VND20.12 billion as follows: The firm’s net revenue rose 9.27 percent on year to VND2.6 trillion while its gross profit fell 15.87 percent to VND68.21 billion. Yet, thanks to lower financial costs, the company saw a 11.09 percent increase in its net profit in the period.
* Ha Giang Mineral and Mechanics Company (HGM) obtained VND66.3 billion in after-tax profit in January-June.
* De Tam Joint Stock Co. (DTA) explained a 52.31 percent net profit rise in the second quarter of this year to VND448.75 million and a 20.46 percent net profit rise in the first half of 2012 as follows: Amid unfavourable real estate market, high bank lending interest rates, the company actively adjusted its product prices accordingly and cut unnecessary costs. As a result, its Q2/2012 business results were much better than those in Q2/2011.
* Manulife Progressive Fund (MAFPFl) has announced its net asset value per unit by July 19 at VND6,924, down by VND292 from a week earlier.
* Pan Pacific Corporation (PAN) has offloaded 800,000 treasury shares.
* VietThang Feed Company (VTF) has increased its chartered capital from VND182 billion to over VND210 billion.
* Foreign Trade Forwarding and Transportation Company (VNT) obtained VND155.7 billion in revenue and VND6.6 billion in profit in the first six months of the year.
* Viglacera Ha Long Co (VHL) has announced August 3 as the ex-dividend date to pay 2011 second round dividend in cash for shareholders at 4 percent.
* De Tam Company (DTA) targets to obtain VND16 billion in revenue and VND600 million in after-tax profit in the third quarter of the year.
* Toan Viet Investment Joint Stock Company has registered to buy two million shares of Transforwarding Warehousing Corporation (TMS) within one month starting July 30.
* Hoa Binh Construction & Real Estate Corporation (HBC) will float an additional 20.3 million shares on the Hochiminh Stock Exchange on July 31 while FPT Corporation (FPT) will trade 3.7 million more shares on the exchange on the same day.
* Alphanam Joint Stock Company (ALP) announced that Nam Viet Auditing and Accounting Financial Consulting Services Co., Ltd (AASCN) will audit its financial statements in 2012, the firm said in a filing posted on the STC’s website on July 25.
* Ben Tre Aquaproduct Import and Export Joint Stock Company (ABT) announced August 1 as ex-date and August 3 as record date for its 2012 second cash dividend at VND3,000/share. The payment will be made on August 20, 2012.
* Vietnam Debt Fund SPC has registered to sell over one million shares of Refrigeration Electrical Engineering Corporation (REE), or a 0.45 percent stake in the enterprise.
* S.P.M Corporation (SPM) announced August 1 as ex-date and August 3 as record date for seeking its shareholders’ approval in written documents for selecting auditing company in 2012. The firm will seek approval in August 14, this year.
* Vietnam Airlines will grant a gold card for members of its Golden Lotus Plus Programme who sit on the Business cabin of its 15 domestic flights between now and January 15, 2013 instead of 30 flights as previously. Holders of gold and platinum cards can enjoy prioritised services including easy boarding and disembarking of flights of Vietnam Airlines and other SkyTeam members.
* HTC yesterday introduced the smartphone HTC Desire C in white, black and red priced at VND5.35 million. The 3.5- inch smartphone features Android 4.0, 600MHz processor, 512 MB of RAM, 4GB of internal memory and a 5MP camera.
* Da Nhim-Ham Thuan-Da Mi Hydropower Joint Stock Co under Vietnam Electricity Group (EVN) plans to expand Da Nhim Hydropower Plant by investing in two more generators with a capacity of 80MW. The expansion will kick off in next year’s first quarter and should be completed in the fourth quarter of 2015.
* The government of Ninh Thuan Province will end an investment agreement to develop the ECC Ninh Thuan ecological urban project with South Korea-based MK International due to slow implementation.
* Saigon Transportation Mechanical Corp (SAM CO) has been approved to develop a multi-storey parking lot combined with a car show-room at 592 Cong Hoa Street in Tan Binh District.