* Higher Educational and Vocational Book Company (HEV) obtained VND8.3 billion in revenue and over VND 1 billion in pre-tax profit in the first five months of 2012.
* Vinacomin-Ha Tu Coal Co (THT) has gained approval to float an additional 4.5 million shares on the northern bourse.
* Vinacomin-Nui Beo Coal Co (NBC) has announced July 6 as the ex-dividend date to pay bonus shares for shareholders at the 3:2 ratio.
* Da Nang Education Investment and Development JSC. (DAD) used its undistributed net profit to buy back all 50,000 registered shares for treasury shares from May 2-June 28, 2012. Vietcombank Securities Co., Ltd was authorised to carry transaction. The firm currently has 240,900 treasury shares.
* Cotec Investment and Land-house Development JSC (CLG) has converted 1 million convertible bonds worth VND100 billion into common shares at 10-for-1 ratio on June 25 this year.
* Viet Capital Securities Investment Fund, whose Research director is Cung Tran Viet, a member of the Board of directors of Seaprodex Refrigeration Industry Corporation (SRF) reported its holding change as follows. Viet Capital Securities Investment Fund now holds 1,595,000 shares or 21.81 percent stake after buying 12,500 shares and selling 90,430 units by June 26.
* Dong Nai Port JSC. (PDN) reported its management practices in the first half of the year, including all resolutions of the Board of directors, trading results of internal shareholders and related persons, etc.
* PetroVietnam Insurance Joint Stock Corporation (PVI) used its surplus capital and retained profit to buy back 482,600 out of 2,711,700 shares registered to buy from April 27-June 27, increasing its treasury shares to 7,770,900 units. PetroVietnam Securities Incorporated was authorised to carry transaction.
* Red River Holding, whose representative is Jean-Charles Belliol, a member of the Board of directors of FPT Corporation (FPT), failed to buy 1 million shares by June 29 due to the unfavourable stock market. Red River Holding now holds 11,890,863 shares or 5.51 percent stake in FPT as before.
* ACB Growth Investment Fund (ASIAGF) has announced its net asset value per unit by June 28 at VND 11,447, inching up by VND28 against the previous week.
* Plantinum Victory Pte Ltd, a major shareholder of Refrigeration Electrical Engineering Corporation (REE) now holds 25,052,210 REE shares or 10.24 percent stake after buying 4,884,390 shares by July 2.
* Saigon Machinery Spare Parts JSC. (SMA) has converted 806,000 convertible bonds worth VND80.6 billion issued on July, 2011 into shares at 10-for-1 ratio. After the conversion, the company’s charter capital was raised to VND161.2 billion from VND80.6 billion before.
* Binh Dinh Minerals Co (BMC) obtained VND242 billion in revenue in the first half of 2012, or 60.5 percent of this year’s target.
* Tan Binh Import-Export Company (TIX) has decided to advance 2012 first round dividend in cash for shareholders at 10 percent.
* South Logistics Company (STG) has decided to borrow VND70 billion from Vietcombank to supplement capital and pay operation fees.
* Saigon Petro Company has registered to buy 500,000 shares of Materials – Petroleum Company (COM) to raise its ownership from 27.2 percent to 30.9 percent.
* Sao Ta Foods Co (FMC) has decided to sell over 777,000 treasury shares at no lower than VND 15,000 each while Dream House Investment Corporation (DRH) has offloaded over 1.1 million treasury shares.
* Hoang Huy Investment Services Company (HHS) will trade five million more shares on the southern bourse on July 12.
* Viae (No.1) Limited Partnership has bought over 2.2 million shares of Vinh Son-Song Hinh Hydropower Company (VSH) to increase its share holding from 7.4 percent to 8.5 percent.
* The central bank has told card issuers to shelve plans to collect ATM transaction fees from their own customers this year. Banks are also requested to unchange their current fees impose on ATM card holders who use their ATM networks but are not their customers.
* Air France allows holders of ANZ cards to purchase return tickets for its flights from Vietnam to Paris and selected destinations in Europe by instalments within three months 01 the purchase date with 0 percent interest. This special offer from the airline’s ‘Travels come true’ campaign, running in collaboration with ANZ bank until October 31, is to help passengers enjoy carefree summer vacations.
* Thai- Lai Pham has been appointed president and CEO of Siemens Vietnam as a replacement for Erdal Elver, who is now president and CEO of Siemens Taiwan. Pham was born in Vietnam and grew up in Europe.
* Honda Vietnam has launched ‘Summer Promotion for Honda CR-V’ which will see customers, who buy a Honda CR-V at Honda dealers this month, receiving a Flexicard of PG Bank which can be used to buy fuel or withdraw cash at ATM booths for a total value of VND55 million.
* VietJetAir will sign a cooperation agreement with the Vietnam Society of Travel Agents (VISTA) this Thursday to offer a discount of 49 percent on airfares on the Hanoi-HCM City route as pan of promotion package tours offered by VISTA and its member companies. This promotion will last until the end of the year.
* Vissan Co. has opened its 87th food store selling food products and products of the price stabilisation programme on Ha Huy Giap Street in District 12. The firm has also targeted to open its 100th store this year.
* V.I. Corporation and Phuong Thanh Transport Construction and Investment Joint Stock Co have begun construction of SkyView Phuong Thanh, a building consisting of office space commercial centre and luxury apartments in Hanoi City’s Can Giau new urban area.
* Tokyo Style Vietnam Hue Co. has opened a garment plant in Phu Bai Industrial Park, Thua Thien-Hue Province. Having an investment of $21 million, the plant can produce 500,000 apparel products per year, with 70-95 percent of products for export.