* The management board of Gia Lai Sugar-Thermal Power Joint Stock Co (coded SEC) has decided to increase the chartered capital to 181 billion dong via two phases of paying dividend in shares.
* Hochiminh Stock Exchange (STC) has recently issued announcement No 554/2011/TB-SGDHCM regulating the registration deadline for collecting the shareholders’ opinions and paying 2010 dividend – the second round in cash of South Logistics Joint Stock Co (coded STG).
* Vietnam Securities Depository Centre (VSD) – HCM City Branch announced the registration deadline to close the shareholders list for paying dividend in cash for Petrolimex International Trading and Export-Import Joint Stock Co (coded PIT).
* Hanoi Stock Exchange (HNX) yesterday approved in principle VNS Securities Joint Stock Co plan to list 16.1 million shares on the northern bourse.
* Hanoi Stock Exchange (HNX) released announcement on May 30 relating to purchasing fund shares of Hoang Mai Cement Joint Stock Co (coded HOM).
* The southern bourse-listed Petroleum Material Joint Stock Co (Comeco – coded COM) announced that PetroVietnam Oil Corp (PV Oil) registered for purchasing 1.5 million COM-coded shares, counting for 10.62 percent of the total chartered capital at price of 33,600 dong per share.
* Southern bourse-listed Dong Hai Ben Tre Joint Stock Co (DHC) has recently submitted dossier to the State Securities Commission (SSC) to offer 4,499,972 common shares to the existing shareholders at the ratio of 30 percent and expected price at par (10,000 dong per share).
* CapitaValue Homes Limited under CapitaLand Group, the strategic firm specialising in building valuable houses in Asia has purchased 65 percent of stake in Quoc Cuong Saigon Co Ltd (QCSG), the member company under Quoc Cuong Gia Lai Joint Stock Co (coded QCG) worth 121.2 billion dong via its member company of CVH Sparkle Pte Ltd
* Petroleum Pipeline and Tank Construction Joint Stock Co (coded PXT) has recently held the 2011 annual general meeting (AGM) to approve the company’s year plan with total revenue of 1.2 trillion dong, after tax profit of 76.7 billion dong and dividend payment of 15 percent.
* Machinery Joint Stock Co (Machinco 1) announced to close the shareholders list on June 6 for purpose of paying 2010 dividend in shares. Accordingly, the company will issue additional 479,162 shares for dividend payment in shares at ratio of 1:0.15, using the unallocated profit source. The dividend will be paid from June 7, 2011.
* Phuong Nam Cultural Corp (PNC) has announced June 3 as the ex-dividend date to pay 2010 dividend in cash for shareholders at 5 percent.
* Urban Development and Construction Corp (UDC) will buy back one million UDC shares as treasury shares within three months from June 3.
* Ben Thanh Corp has bought over 1.2 million shares of Saigon general Service Corp (SVC) to spur its ownership from 35.3 percent to 40.3 percent.
* HCM City Securities Corp has inaectronics Communications Technology Investment DevDistrict 1.
* Hanoi Architecture Joint Stock Co has applied to trade one million shares on the Hanoi Stock Exchange.
* Song Da 207 Co (SDB) has got approval to trade 5.5 million additional shares on the northern bourse.
* PetroVietnam-Nghe An Investment & Trading Co (PXA) has announced June 8 as the ex-dividend date for shareholders to receive 2010 second round dividend in cash at 1.5 percent.
* VinaCapital Group, the management authority of VNI Fund and Vina-CPK Joint Venture officially broke grounds for constructing Ba Thien 2 Industrial Zone project to be sited in Binh Xuyen Dist, Vinh Phuc province on May 31.
* Due to fall in world gas price, HCM City-based petrol dealers are likely to lower the cooking gas retail price by 15,000 dong per 12 kilogram cylinder from June 1.
* Sieu Thanh Joint stock Co (coded ST8) has lately approved the 2011 business plan with targeted revenue of 666.3 billion dong and after tax profit of 39.3 billion dong. The company will pay dividend in cash this year.
* Ba Ria Thermo Power Joint Stock Co (STC-listed BTP) has recently released the April business reports with total revenue of 145.523 billion dong, cost of 123.4 billion dong and pre-tax profit of 22.133 billion dong. Therefore, the company’s accumulative profit up to April 30, 2011 was posted at 29.818 billion dong.
* The Electronics Communications Technology Investment Development Joint Stock Co (coded ELC) has recently announced to establish the subsidiary with chartered capital of 25 billion dong so as to realise the project of information technology and telecommunication research centre. The centre was supposed to be sited in High-tech Park in Dist 9, HCM City with total investment capital of 79.4 billion dong.
* The management board of Pymepharco Joint Stock Co (PMB LABS) has recently approved the 2011 business plan with total revenue of 900 billion dong and pre-tax profit of 100 billion dong. At present, the company has chartered capital of 85 billion dong.
* Votiva Vietnam Co Ltd, a distributor of Microsoft Vietnam, has introduced software Microsoft Dynamics AX for retailers. The product is designed for medium and large retailers in Vietnam.
* Holcim Vietnam Cement Co Ltd has commenced work on a 6.3MW add-on power turbine that will use waste heat for cement production from its Hon Chong cement plant in the Mekong Delta province of Kien Giang. The $18 million project is expected to start operating next year.
* Tan Cang Transportation Joint Stock Co No 2 has signed an agreement with Dong Thap Province’s Transport Department to operate Dong Thap Port in 20 years.
* The second turbine of Dong Nai 3 hydropower plant officially started an idle run late last week. The turbine generated to the national grv class="textwidget">