* Textile-Garment Financial Co (TFC), a member of Vietnam National Garment and Textile Group (Vinatex), with a chartered capital of 500 billion dong plans to auction 8,958,666 ordinary shares at the face value of 10,000 dong par on Hanoi Stock Exchange (HNX) on June 29.
* Hochiminh Stock Exchange (STC) recently announced that Tan Tao Industrial Zone Development Co (coded ITA) will pay 2009 dividend at 25 percent in shares or 100:25 ratio (shareholders holding 100 old shares will receive 25 new shares).
* Annual shareholders’ meeting of Cong Thanh Cement Joint Stock Co recently passed this year business plan with 835 billion dong of revenue, 75 billion dong of after tax profit, up 27 percent and 134 percent year-on-year respectively.
* Hochiminh Stock Exchange (STC)-listed Vien Dong Trade Development and Investment Joint Stock Co (coded VID) recently announced to close the list of shareholders on June 29 to pay dividend to the shareholders.
* Vietnam Construction and Export Import Joint Stock Corp (Vinaconex – coded VCG) announced to close the shareholders list for 2009 dividend payment purposes. In details, the shareholders whose name was included in the list to be closed on June 16, 2010 will receive paid dividend in cash at 1,200 dong per share.
* Huynh Van Tan, chair of management board in Dana Italy Steel Joint Stock Co 9 (coded DNY) stated that up to now, the company has already finished all the necessary procedures and now waited for State Securities Commission’s licence to issue additional shares for increasing chartered capital.
* Dien Hong Printing Joint Stock Co (HNX listed DHI) has decided to issue 1,244,862 shares to increase its charter capital from 13.83 billion dong to 26.28 billion dong by coming Q3.
* South Hydropower Joint Stock Co (coded SHP) held its annual shareholders meeting on May 28, 2010, in which the company targeted to reach total production output of 116 million KWh in 2010, bringing in expected revenue of 98 billion dong, after tax profit of 26.39 billion dong and dividend of 3 percent. The attendants also approved for the plan to list shares on UPCoM in June.
* Saigon Machinery Spare Parts Joint Stock Company has sought approval from the Hochiminh Stock Exchange to trade shares on the bourse. The company is capitalised at 80.6 billion dong.
* The 388 billion Dai Thien Loc Joint Stock Company will debut on the southern bourse on May 28 under the code of DTL with a reference price of 28,000 dong each. Hanoi-based Electronics Communications Technology Investment Development Corporation has also registered to list on the bourse.
* Ben Thanh Group has registered to buy 840,000 shares of Khanh Hoi Import Export Co (KHA) in two months from June 2 to increase its ownership from 19.04 percent to 24.99 percent.
* The Hanoi Stock Exchange has allowed Dong Nai Port Joint Stock Company to list on the bourse under the code of DNP. The company is capitalised at 51.45 billion dong.
* Birth Duong Construction and Civil Engineering Co has got approval in principle to trade 20 million shares on the Hochiminh Stock Exchange.
* Long Giang Investment and Urban Development Co (LGL) will begin trading six million additional shares on the southern bourse on June 9.
* Vietnam Blue-Chips Fund (VFMVF4) has announced its net asset value (NAV) per unit by May 27 was 10,860 dong, dropping by 328 dong from the previous week. Vietnam Securities Investment Fund (VFMVF1) has announced its NAV per unit was 24,168 dong, falling by 273 dong against the week earlier, while Prudential Balanced Fund (PRUBF1) saw its NAV per unit inching down 2 dong to 8,850 dong.
* Ha Tien 1 Cement Co (HTl) has been allowed to trade 88 million additional shares on the southern bourse.
* Dinco Joint Stock Co on May 29 started construction on The Summit high-ranking apartment building capitalised at $17 million in the central coastal city of Da Nang. The 18-story building project including 140 apartments will be invested by Singapore-based Meridian Real Estate Co.
* The North Sea Transportation Joint Stock Co (Nosco) announced lately to put into operation some projects in 2010.
* In May, Vietnam exported 20,000 tonnes of rubber, down 12,000 tonnes from previous month, earning $60 million, falling $30 million month on month, according to Vietnam Rubber Association (VRA).
* Electricity of Vietnam (EVN) on June 1 in Hanoi signed an EPC (Engineering, Procurement and Construction) contract worth $981 million (including taxes and fees) with Japan-based Marubeni contractor for the bidding package No 20 of Nghi Son 1 thermo power plant.
* Vo Quang Hue, general director of Robert Bosch Vietnam CO officially announced that German-based Bosch Group would invest in building a software and technology centre in HCM City on June 1, 2010. This centre was established on the basis of expanding operation of Robert Bosch Engineering and Business Solution Co Ltd in India.
* PetroVietnam Technical Service Joint Stock Corp (PTSC listed on HNX) has received a non-self propelled accommodation work barge PTSC Offshore 01 in VungTau City.
* Lilama 69-2 Joint Stock Co (L62) and Hung Hiep Formosa Ltd Co on May 30 signed an installation contract worth over $25 million in Nhon Trach III industrial zone, Hiep Phuoc, Nhon Trach, Dong Nai province.
* PetroVietnam Pacific Transportation Joint Stock Co (PVTrans Pacific) targeted to reach 2010 revenue of 650 billion dong, pre-tax profit of 45 billion dong and after tax profit of 33.75 billion dong. The company has chartered capital of 1.2 trillion dong, but actual capital contribution up to now of 942 billion dong.
* Shareholders of Aviation Printing Joint Stock Co (IHK) planned to achieve 2010 total revenue of 100 billion dong, up 11.9 percent year-on-year, and after tax profit of 4.58 billion dong, increasing by 19.16 percent against 2009 and dividend at 10 percent.
* PepsiCo Vietnam has opened a beverage factory worth $30 million in the Mekong Delta city of Can Tho. The plant is one of PepsiCo’s five beverage production facilities in Vietnam.
* CMC Corporation inaugurated the CMC smart building in Hanoi last week on the occasion of its 17th anniversary. Construction began in 2006 with an investment of 120 billion dong.
* HCM City Infrastructure Investment Joint Stock Co has been assigned to build a road section to link East-West Highway with Inter-Provincial Road 25B.
* Vietnam Motors Can Tho Joint Stock Co has begun operation of an auto assembly factory at Tra Noc 2 Industrial Park in Can Tho City. The 150 billion dong plant will assemble small Hyundai vehicles.
* Russia’s TellOil Group announces it will start work on the Vung Ro Oil Refinery project in Phu Yen Province next year. The $l. 7 billion project was licensed nearly three years ago.
* Saigontourist Travel Service Co welcomes Italy’s Costa Romantica cruise ship to HCM City with around 2,100 crew members and passengers. Many of the passengers will visit HCM City and the Mekong Delta City of My Tho before leaving for the central city of Da Nang in the afternoon. Saigontourist will receive the SuperStar Virgo in HCM City on June 8. The company has estimated it will receive over 37,000 international cruise passengers in the first half of this year.
*Nam Trieu Shipbuilding Industry Corporation has handed over the 700-TEU container ship Nasico Blue to Nam Trieu Ocean Shipping One Member Co Ltd The vessel is 133 metres long, 19 meters wide and has a loading capacity of 8,500 tonnes.
* Tan Son Nhat International Airport Ground Handling Services Co has become the first such company in Southeast Asia to win ISAGO (IATA Safety Audit for Ground Operations) certification. The ISAGO standard aims to help improve safety and cut costs by reducing ground accidents and injuries.
* Phuong Trang Investment Joint Stock Co, Hung Hung Thinh Real Estate Co Ltd and Apartment World Corp have launched a realty trading centre in HCM City’s District 1. The centre specialises in property distribution, investment and management.
* Phu Nhuan Jewellery Co (PNJ) in the January-April period obtained 2.27 trillion dong in revenue, increasing 26 percent from the same period last year, while its pre-tax profits amounted to 122 billion dong, equivalent to half of its whole year’s profit plan. The profit mainly came from its core business of jewellery trading not gold export like in the previous year. PNJ has also opened 10 more shops, widening its network to 114 shops nationwide.
* Nguyen Duc Vinh, general director of Vietnam Technological and Commercial Joint Stock Bank (Techcombank) stated that after the first four months of 2010, the bank reported bringing in over 700 billion dong of pre-tax profit.
* An Binh Commercial Joint Stock Bank (ABBank) lately launched the promotion programme of “Vay tien dac loc” for the dong borrowers with lending period of over 12 months, from June 1 to August 31, 2010.
* Vietnam International Commercial Joint Stock Bank (VIB) started launching the summer promotion programme of “Khoanh khac ngot ngao” for the depositors in dong and US dollar with minimum deposit of 20 million dong, from now up to August 10, 2010. The total gifts that the bank will offer in this programme may reach 100,000 units.
* In May, the State Treasury successfully held three G-bond issuances, raising 8.125 trillion dong with terms of 3-5 years. Till the end of May 20, the government raised 26.065 trillion dong of G-bonds, equalling to about 65 percent of the task of first five months and 26 percent of this year’s target, according to the finance ministry.
* In the working session with governor of State Bank of Vietnam on May 31, Southern Commercial Joint Stock Bank (Southern Bank) announced to finish all the necessary procedures to apply for increasing chartered capital from 2.568 trillion dong to 3.029 trillion dong via issuing shares from capital surplus source in June 2010.
* From June 2, Vietnam Technological and Commercial Joint Stock Bank (Techcombank) is to officially launch payment service for Vietnam Airlines air ticket via Internet Banking (F@st i-Bank).
* In June, Ministry of Planning and Investment (MoPI) plans to propose the prime minister to advance some 2.837 trillion dong from the G-bond capital of 2011 for Thi Vai-Cai Mep inter-port road (in the southern province of Ba Ria-Vung Tau) in the fist phase.
* The State Treasury last Friday mobilised 200 billion via an auction last Friday. There were 12 institutions registering to buy 3.9 trillion dong worth of five-year government bonds. The highest bidding rate was 12.5 percent while the lowest at 11.19 percent per year. The ceiling rate given by the issuer was 11.2 percent per year. Only 200 billion dong worth of bonds was sold.