* Dong Phu Rubber Company (DPR) estimates to earn VND380 billion in revenues and VND135 billion in pre-tax profits in the first five months of 2012.
* Phong Phu Joint Stock Corporation has offloaded over 557,000 shares of Petroleum Real Estate Co.
(PVL) to reduce its ownership from 6.6 percent to 5.5 percent.
* TNG Investment and Trading Co. (TNG) has decided to contribute VND3.5 billion, or a 35 percent stake, for establishing TNG Fashion Joint Stock Company in Thai Nguyen Province.
* Sea & Air Freight International Company (SF!) has announced June 22 as the ex-dividend date for shareholders to receive 2011 dividend in cash at 15 percent.
* Individual investor Doan Thi Hong Thuy has bought over 123,000 shares ofSao Ta Foods Company (FMC) to spur her ownership from 4.5 percent to 6.3 percent.
* Educational Book JSC. in HCM City (SGD) announced to add: kindergarten education, primary school education, secondary school and high school education in its business ranges.
* Danang Rubber Company (DNR) has gained approval to trade an additional 23 million shares on the Hochiminh Stock Exchange while Binh Dinh Minerals Company (BMC) has been allowed to float 4.1 million more shares on the bourse.
* Thang Long Investment Group (TIG) has spurred its holding in Thang Long Phu Tho Investment Joint Stock Co from 60 percent to 80 percent.
* Global Electrical Technology Corporation (GLT) announced to use its capital surplus and undistributed profit to buy back 300,000 share from June 15-July 6 via put-through and order-matching but buying price will be not higher than VND22,600/share. Au Viet Securities JSC is authorised to carry the transaction.
* Prudential Balanced Fund (PRUBFl) has announced its net asset value per unit by June 7 at VND9,467, rising byVND92 against the previous week.
* Petrolimex Hanoi Transportation and Trading JSC. (PJC)) explained its net profit fall by 16.82 percent on year to VND2.4 billion in Q1/2012 due to following reasons: 1. The petroleum discount rate is low in Q1/2012 compared with that of Q1/2011. 2. The petroleum price hike affected the company’s transportation business in Q 1/2012.
* CMC Investment JSC (CMC) explained its net profit increase by 52 percent on year to VND952.2 million in Q1/2012 due to high increase in revenues and low interest rate, the firm said in a filing sent to HNX’s website on June 8. In details, financial revenue jumped 521.18 percent on year in Q1/2012 due to better stock market. Other revenues jumped 19 fold as the company sold out the old assets.
* Mediplantex National Pharmaceutical JSC (MED) announced June 13 as ex-date and June 15 as record-date for its bonus share payment for existing shareholders at 4:1 ratio ( shareholder owns 4 shares will have one bonus share). The bonus share worth VND10,000/share.
* HIPT Group JSC. (HIG) announced June 18 as ex-date and June 20 as record date for giving bonus shares to its existing shareholders at 4:1 ratio ( shareholders own each 4 shares will get 1 bonus share). Bonus shares will be rounded down to unit and odd shares will be cancelled.
* Transport Engineering Construction &. Business Investment Company 584 (NTB) has announced
June 20 as the ex-dividend date to issue over 3.7 million bonus shares for shareholders at the 10:1.05 ratio.
* Vietnam Bank for Social Policies will auction VNDI trillion worth of three-year government-backed bonds and VND,1 trillion worth of five-year bonds at the Hanoi Stock Exchange on Thursday.
* Philips Electronic has introduced in Vietnam steam irons GC3760 and GC3720 with a retail price ranging from VND2.1 million to VND2.6 million. These products can save up to 25 percent of power consumption and many parts ofthe iron are made from recycled materials.
* Xuan Cau Real Estate Co. Ltd continues to sell villas of the Xanh Villas project covering 50 hectares in Hanoi City’s Thach That District
* Vietnam Paper Corporation and Hong Ha Stationery Joint Stock Company have picked Savills
Vietnam as their marketing and management representative for the Building 25 located on Ly Thuong Kiet Street in Hanoi City
* HCM City Infrastructure Investment Joint Stock Company (CII) has finished transferring a 10 percent stake worth $l5.9 million to its partner Manila Water Company. general director Gerardo Ablaza of Manila Water has also become a board member of CII.
* Tri Viet Media Corporation (TVM Corp) last week announced to establish two new companies; HTM International Media Company and TVM Index Company. Specifically, HTM Co. will be the only firm managing advertising on the website www.go.vn while TVM Index is established from TVM Corp and Thailand- based Index Creative Village and will invest in the sectors of technology, media services and media facilities.
* Nokia Vietnam has officially introduced Nokia Asha 202, the newest cell phone of the Asha series, in the Vietnamese market in two colours, white and dark gray. This product is sold at VNDl.7 million.
* Viettel Group will have two new corporations until 201S – Viettel Equipment Production Corporation and Viettel Software Corporation. Specifically, the equipment corporation will have total investment of VNDS-6 trillion and need 5,000 employees with an annual production capacity of 20 million units. The estimated investment cost for the software corporation is VND3 trillion.