* The southern bourse-listed Petroleum Materials Joint Stock Co (coded COM) announced that June 20 would be registration deadline to close the shareholders list for paying 2010 dividend – the third round and advancing 2011 dividend – the first round in cash.
* Additional 5 trillion dong G-bonds were supposed to be tendered on June 16, 2011 in Hanoi Stock Exchange (HNX). These bonds will be issued by State Treasury.
* Everpia Vietnam Co (EVE) has registered to buy back one million EVE shares as treasury shares within three months from June 16 while Vietnam Tanker Co (VTO) has bought back 600,000 VTO shares as treasury shares.
* HCM City Infrastructure Investment Co has registered to offload over 4.2 million shares of Petro Capital & Infrastructure Investment Co (PTL) to reduce its ownership from 8.5 percent to 4.2 percent.
* Petrolimex Joint Stock Co (PGI) has gained approval to trade 70.9 million shares on the Hochiminh Stock Exchange.
* Sacom Development and Investment Corp (SAM) has announced June 20 as the ex-dividend date to issue bonus shares for existing shareholders at the 1:1 ratio.
* FTIF-Templeton Frontier Markets Fund has acquired over 171,000 shares of Imexpharm Pharmaceutical Co (IMP) to raise its ownership from 7.6 percent to 8.7 percent.
* Vinacomin-Deo Nai Coal Co (TDN) has announced June 17 as the ex-dividend date for shareholders to receiving 2010 dividend in cash at 18 percent and bonus shares at the 1:1 ratio.
* Construction Co No 6 (CT6) traded over 6.1 million additional shares on the Hanoi Stock Exchange on June 10.
* Thang Long Investment Group has registered to buy two million shares of Vietnam Industrial & Commercial Securities Corp (VIG) from June 15 to August 12.
* Hoang Anh Saigon Real Estate Joint Stock Co has recently started offering the Shushin Apartment project in An Lac Ward, Binh Tan Dist, HCM City. The Sunshin Apartment project includes 326 apartments, providing accommodation for nearly 1,000 people.
* The northern bourse-listed Duc Long Gia Lai Investment and Development of Public Services Joint Stock Co (coded DL1) approved the 2011 business plan with total revenue of 23.6 billion dong, profit of 11.5 billion dong and EPS of 4,056 dong.
* In the first six months of this year, Hoa Binh Construction and Real Estate Trading Joint Stock Co expected to fulfil 46.8 percent of the whole year revenue plan.
* TBC/Ball Vietnam Co Ltd has recently kicked off construction works on a new beer can producing factory in the expanded Vietnam Singapore Industrial Park No 2 (VSIP 2) in Tan Uyen Dist, Binh Duong province.
* Two more hydropower plants have joined national grid. These plants would add about 1.3 billion kWh of electricity output for Electricity of Vietnam (EVN) each year.
* After 16 months of construction, the first phase of TNG Phu Binh textile and garment factory was officially put into operation in KHa Son Industrial Complex, Phu Binh Dist, Thai Nguyen province. This is one of the manufacturing facilities in Phu Binh Dist with total area of 9 hectares. TNG Investment and Trading Joint Stock Co was the main investor of this project with total investment capital of about 180 billion dong for the first phase.
* In the first five months of this year, the Vietnam National general Export-Import Joint Stock Co No 1 (TH1) gained over $39.7 million of export and import turnover including nearly $28.1 million of export turnover and $11.6 million of import value.
* IBM Vietnam has signed a memorandum of understanding with HCM City University of Natural Sciences (UNS) to set up the Centre of Excellence (CoE IBM- UNS), the first of its kind in the city. The facility is expected to help improve the quality of technical education and increase employability of students.
* Saigon Railway Station launched more trains between HCM City and Hanoi, Nha Trang and Phan Thiet to meet high travelling demands in the summer and serve students during the university and college entrance exams.
* Son Viet Garment Joint Stock Co has inaugurated the $1 million Vietnam-Cambodia sports centre in Cambodia. The centre covers nearly five hectares with a football field and golf course.
* Hanoi Housing Investment-and Development Corp has won approval to develop a residential area project in Gia Lam District with the invested capital of 37 billion dong. The project is expected to be completed in the second quarter of 2013.
* Roche Tissue Diagnostics under Roche Group organised a press conference to introduce advanced tissue testing method in cancer diagnostics. University Medical Centre HCM City has applied the method.
* Saigon Thuong Tin Commercial Bank will provide gifts and a lucky draw programme with total value of 21 billion dong for individual depositors from June 13 to September 10.
* Asia Commercial Bank inaugurated An Cuu and Thanh Loc transaction offices in Hue and HCM City respectively, taking to 296 the total number of its banking units in Vietnam.
* Lien Viet Commercial Bank has inaugurated a branch in the central Hue City.