* Hanoi Stock Exchange (HNX) has announced to organise a tender for government-guaranteed bonds issued by Vietnam Development Bank (VDB).
* The HNX-listed Central Region Electrical Mechanical Joint Stock Co (coded CJC) has lately announced to set June 27 as the ex-dividend session for paying 2011 dividend in cash.
* Vietnam Rubber one-member Financial Co Ltd announced to sell successfully 533,300 shares of Pacific Infrastructure Development and Real Estate Joint Stock Co (coded PPI) and Mien Dong Joint Stock Co (MDG).
* Hochiminh Stock Exchange (STC) has announced the dividend payment in cash for the second round 2011 of Tan Tien Plastic Packaging Joint Stock Co (coded TTP).
* Binh Chanh Investment and Construction Joint Stock Co (coded BCI) announced to close the shareholders list on June 28, 2012 for paying 2011 dividend in cash.
* Vietnam ETF of Van Eck last weekend announced its portfolio in the quarterly reported period. This portfolio is effective from June 18 and Vietnam ETF had five trading sessions in last week to complete its portfolio.
* Hanoi-Hai Duong Beer Joint Stock Co (coded HAD) has recently announced changes in holding ratio of its majority shareholders.
* Truong Thanh Furniture Group Joint Stock Co (coded TTF) has released the resolution approved by the management board dated June 14, 2012. Accordingly, 100 percent of the shareholders have passed the suggestion from the management board for issuing additional shares to offer to the existing shareholders.
* Domesco Medical Instrument Export-Import Joint Stock Co (coded DMC) announced to close the shareholders list on June 27 for the purpose of paying 2011 dividend – the last round in cash.
* Hanel Plastics Joint Stock Co (HNPL) held the annual general meeting (AGM) on June 16, 2012. At the meeting, the shareholders approved the 2011 business results with total revenue of 355.8 billion dong, pre-tax profit of 13.1 billion dong and dividend ratio at 15 percent.
* KIS Vietnam Securities Company between March 5 and June 1 reported increases of 30 percent in new account volume and 50 percent in transaction value versus the first quarter of this year.
* Asia Growth Fund (ASIAGF) will begin trading over 24 million fund units on the Hochirninh Stock Exchange on June 26 at a reference price of 10,000 dong each.
* PetroVietnam Finance Corporation has bought over 383,000 shares of Ph a Lai Thermal Power Company (PPC) to secure a 2.2 percent stake in the latter.
* Industrial Urban Development Company No 2 (D2D) has offloaded its entire 450,000 shares, or a 30 percent stake, in Co Loa Thanh Construction Joint Stock Company.
* Military Bank Securities Company has acquired 464,000 shares of International Development & Investment Corporation to spur its ownership from 11 percent to 12.3 percent.
* Mediplantex National Pharmaceutical Joint Stock Co (MED) has gained approval to trade over five million shares on the Hanoi Stock Exchange.
* Gia Lai Culture – Tourism Co (CTC) has announced June 22 as the ex-dividend date to pay 2011 dividend in cash for shareholders at 12 percent.
* Vietnam Bank for Social Policies failed to offer any of 2 trillion dong worth of three- and five-year government-backed bonds through an auction last Friday.
* Educational Book Co. in Hanoi City (EBS) has announced June 22 as the ex-dividend date for shareholders to receive 2011 dividend in cash at 4 percent.
* SMC Investment and Trading Joint Stock Co (coded SMC) has lately announced to establish the SMC-Summit Co Ltd (SMC Summit).
* The OTC-listed VMG Media Joint Stock Co (coded VMGC) announced to hike chartered capital via offering shares for current employees and paying 2011 dividend.
* Construction and Transport Work Joint Stock Co No. 584 (NTB) has recently reported its business performance in the first quarter of 2012 with high inventory ratio of up to nearly 1.137 trillion dong as of the end of Q1/2012.
* The management board in Ninh Van Bay Tourism and Real Estate Joint Stock Co (coded NVT) announced to transfer the capital contribution valued at 5.5 billion dong in Ninh Van Bay Holiday Club one-member Co Ltd
* Vingroup Joint Stock Co (coded VIC) has lately released the resolution approved by the management board for hiking its chartered capital by additional about 1.511 trillion dong from 5.494 trillion dong to 7.005 trillion dong, starting from June 12, 2012.
* Song Da 7 Joint Stock Co (coded SD7) has lately released the resolution approved in the annual general meeting (AGM).
* Vinaconex Advanced Compound Joint Stock Co (coded VSC) has recently approved the resolution in the extraordinary meeting held on June 11, 2012.
* The Mechanics Construction and Foodstuff Joint Stock Co (coded MCF) has announced the business results for the first five months of 2012.
* The leaders of vicem Hoang Mai Cement Joint Stock Co (coded HOM) announced that the company would face difficulty in fulfilling the Q2 targeted profit plan due to gloomy real estate market. Therefore, perhaps by the end of Q2, HOM would fail to reach the targeted profit of 59 billion dong.
* Hoa Sen (Lotus) Group Joint Stock Co (coded HSG) has recently announced its consolidated business results for May and accumulated figures for the first eight months of its fiscal year 2011-2012.
* According to primary calculations, PetroVietnam Drilling and Well Services Joint Stock Corp (coded PVD) estimated to achieve accumulative revenue of over 5 trillion dong and after tax profit of 760 billion dong in the first half of 2012, increasing by 21 percent and 45 percent respectively against the same period last year.
* Licogi 16.6 Joint Stock Co (coded LCS) has lately announced to finish the merging with Licogi 16.9 Joint Stock Co with applied converting ratio of 1:0.64 or one share of Licogi 16.9 would be swapped for 0.64 LCS-coded share. The company has already issued over 1.6 million shares for conducting the swap.
* After six months joining the national grid, Nhon Trach 2 thermoelectric power plan has reported supplying over 3.8 billion KWh so far. The company has also arranged $30 million for paying the government-guaranteed debt for international partners.
* Many apartment projects in the western region of Hanoi and Ha Dong district are starting to offer products with more incentives for customers.
* Holcim Vietnam Limited this September will put into operation a 6.3MW power plant generating power from the heat of cement kilns at the Hon Chong cement plant in Kien Giang Province. Having investment of $18 million and an annual production capacity of 44 million kWh, the power plant can provide sufficient power for the cement plant’s operations for 88 days or for the consumption of 18,300 households annually.
* HCM City Infrastructure Investment Joint Stock Company (CII) is constructing four toll collection points near Binh Trieu Bridge on National Highway 13 to collect fees from cars running from Binh Thanh District to Thu Due District. However, the operation of these tolls will only be allowed to be test-run in one month’s time as they may pose a traffic congestion risk, according to the city’s Department of Transport.
* Central Hydropower Joint Stock Company has connected the second power generator of A Luoi Hydropower Plantto the national grid successfully. This 170MW plant, consisting of two generators, can produce an annual electricity output of 686.5 million kWh.
* Vital Joint Stock Company, a member of Bitexco Group, has introduced the lemon mineral water LED with three flavors. Produced from natural materials, the new water product contains not only vitamin C but also moderate amounts of healthy substances such as calcium, sulphate, bicarbonate and sodium as recommended by health experts.
* Advanced International Joint Stock Company and Malaysia-based SEGi Education Group plan to develop an international-standard university in an area of 40-60 hectares in Halong City in the northern province of Quang Ninh.
* Viettel’s Ben Tre Province branch has launched a programme to provide basic Internet training for commune officials and farmers in 17 communes of Mo Cay Nam District. The programme consists of two phases with the first, which started on Sunday, finishing on July 10. The second will be deployed in 147 communes of other districts from July 12 to December 25.
* Phu Nhuan Jewellery Company (PNJ) has decided to close a retail outlet in Hanoi and a branch in HCM City within this month.
* The State Bank of Vietnam (SBV) on June 15 issued document officially approving in principle the merger between Hanoi Building Commercial Joint Stock Bank (Habubank-HBB) and Saigon Hanoi Commercial Joint Stock Bank (SHB) basing on the merger proposal of SHB sent to the central bank.
* HCM City Development Commercial Joint Stock Bank (HDBank) has recently lowered lending interest rates for both individual and institutional customers whereby the lender will grand credit to customers at the interest rate of from 13 percent per year for corporate borrowers and 12 percent per year for individual borrowers.
* Vietnam Social Insurance on June 15 said that arrears of social and health insurance premium are at an alarming rate: more than 6.491 trillion dong arrears of social insurance premium and over 2.171 trillion dong worth of arrears of health insurance premium.
* Western Commercial Joint Stock Bank (Western Bank) on June 18 suddenly announced to apply the highest deposit interest rate for 13-month term at 12.5 percent per year, from the previous highest of 14 percent on June 14.