* Saigon Securities Inc (SSI) has lately received the award of Best Equity House in Vietnam that was granted by Finance Asia Magazine. This is the third year that the securities firm has been awarded that prize, after two previous times in 2009 and 2010.
* Apec Securities Co (APS) announced to hold the annual general meeting (AGM) on June 23, 2012. In the meeting, the company sought approval from the shareholders for the 2012 targeted year plan with revenue of 48.5 billion dong and pre-tax profit of over 7.7 billion dong.
* PetroVietnam Construction Joint Stock Corp (coded PVX) has recently reported the holding of its majority shareholder namely Market Vectors ETF Trust – Market Vectors – Vietnam ETF.
* The HNX-listed PetroVietnam Dong Do Joint Stock Co (coded PFL) has lately announced to change the date for paying 2010 dividend – the second round for existing shareholders.
* Vietnam Securities Depository Centre (VSD) has lately announced the dividend payment schedule for Hanoi Textile and Garment Joint Stock Corp (UPCoM-listed HSM).
* In the annual general meeting (AGM) being held for the third time, the shareholders of An Phat Plastic Joint Stock Co (coded AAA) have approved for issuing additional 9.9 million shares to offer for shareholders at 12,000 dong per share to hike chartered capital to 198 billion dong, twice as much as the current one.
* Hanoi Stock Exchange (HNX) has said that it would organise a tender for two trillion dong worth of government-backed bonds issued by Vietnam Bank for Social Policies (VBSP) on June 27 via the northern bourse.
* FPT Securities Joint Stock Co (FPTS) has recently announced to reduce margin interest rate and advance interest rate whereby the margin interest rate will fall from 0.055 percent per day to 0.05 percent per day and advance interest rate will decline from 0.055 percent per day to 0.05 percent per day.
* After the trial time, HCM City Securities Co (coded HCM) announced to officially set up direct connection with Bloomberg and Reuters’ networks via Financial Information Exchange (FIX) gateway.
* Platinum Victory Pte Ltd has bought two million shares of Refrigeration Electrical Engineering Corporation (REE).
* Construction Investment Corporation 3-2 is seeking approval to trade 11.2 million shares on the Hochiminh Stock Exchange.
* Thien Long Group (TLG) has decided to pay 2011 first round dividend in cash for shareholders at 10 percent.
* Vingroup Company (VIC) will float an additional 151 million shares on the southern bourse on June 28.
* Saigon-Hanoi Securities Company has registered to buy 460,000 shares of Vung Tau Real Estate and Construction Company (VRC) within one month from June 26.
* Coma 18 Company (CIG) has established a branch in Hanoi City’s Thanh Oai District.
* PetroVietnam Finance Corporation has offloaded over 436,000 fund units of Prudential Balanced Fund (PRUBFl) to reduce its share holding from 4.9 percent to 4 percent.
* The State Treasury will hold an auction for 2 trillion dong worth of two-year government bonds and 500 billion dong worth of 10-year government bonds on June 28.
* VNECO4 Electricity Construction Joint Stock Company has applied to trade over one million shares on the Hanoi Stock Exchange.
* WMT Sana Joint Venture Co (ASA) has decided to issue seven million more shares to spur its chartered capital from 30 billion dong to 100 billion dong this year.
* Vietnam International Commercial Bank has offloaded over 2.3 million shares of Post & Telecommunication Insurance Corporation (PTI), or a 5.l percent stake in the latter.
* After signing the strategic cooperation agreement with Sun Life Financial Insurance Group on May 31, 2012, the management board of PVI Joint Stock Co has approved for capital contribution to set up PVI Sun Life Insurance Co under the form of two-member limited company, with chartered capital of 1 trillion dong.
* PetroVietnam Nghe An Construction Joint Stock Corp (coded PVA) has officially inaugurated and put into operation the new complex of apartment blocks, semi-detaches houses and general service facilities named PetroVietnam Truong Thi Complex.
* Nguyen Cong Ly, general director of Dong Nai Roof Sheet Joint Stock Co (coded DCT) has lately announced that in the first three months of 2012, the company incurred loss of 9.55 billion dong. In Q2, DCT would continue suffering from loss because of high lending costs.
* In the report on 100 cities with the most software outsourcing attractiveness in the world announced recently by Tholons consulting firm, Vietnam’s HCM City ranks at the 17th position and Hanoi at 21st place.
* Sana WMT Joint Venture (coded ASA) has lately announced the results of the annual general meeting (AGM), in which the company sought approval among the shareholders for 2012 business plan, and plan to hike chartered capital to 100 billion dong.
* Electricity of Vietnam (EVN) Group has lately announced that on June 24, 2012, the second turbine of Dong Nai 4 Hydropower Plant officially joined the national grid.
* Vietnam Coal and Mineral Industry Group (Vinacomin) has lately revealed that from early 2012 up to now, the nation’s coal consumption has dropped sharply because many domestic coal consumers haven’t purchased in coal in accordance with the signed contracts due to economic difficulty.
* The statistics released by Vietnam Textile and Garment Association (Vitas) showed that in the first half of 2012, Vietnam’s textile and garment industry has spent over US $5.5 billion on importing raw materials serving for producing and exporting apparels nationwide.
* HCM City Export Processing and Industrial Zone Authority (Hepza) has lately announced that up to June 10, 2012, the total registered capital for pouring in the city’s industrial and processing zones reached $202.29 million, a year-on-year drop of 38.35 percent, of which the foreign direct investment (FDI) capital accounted for $78.84 million, down 59.45 percent against the same period of 2011.
* Quoc Cuong Gia Lai Joint Stock Co (coded QCG) started collecting shareholders’ opinions in documents from June 22, 2012 for adjustment in investment capital for Phuoc Kien project.
* Cuu Long Pharmaceutical Joint Stock Co (coded DCL) planned to hold the annual general meeting (AGM) on June 29, 2012. In the meeting, the company would seek approval among the shareholders for 2012 business plan.
* Sao Vang Rubber Joint Stock Co (coded SRC) has lately released the H1 business results with accumulative revenue of 602 billion dong and profit of 30 billion dong.
* At the annual general meeting (AGM) 2012 on June 24, shareholders of Hanoi Milk Joint Stock Co (Hanoimilk-coded HNM) agreed not to pay 2011 dividend.
* The country’s total export turnover of agro-forestry and fisheries products in the first half of this year are estimated to have reached $13.6 billion, rising 14 percent over the same period last year, according to the local newswire Quan Doi Nhan Dan (People’s Army).
* Southern Rubber Industry Joint Stock Co (Casumina) may hit its profit target of 150 billion dong in the first six months due to a decline in rubber material prices and operation adjustments. Casumina earned over 100 billion dong in profit in the first five months.
* Flight Training centre under Vietnam Airlines on Wednesday received the Airbus A320/ A321 Full Flight Simulator worth over $10 million in preparation for pilot training later this month. The simulator will help reduce training costs.
* Saigontourist Travel Service Co has put into service the Saigontourist Travel centre at 607 Nguyen Trai Street in District 5. Four travel information centres of Saigontourist have opened nationwide this year.
* Military Commercial Joint Stock Bank (coded MBB) has recently announced the holding changes of its majority shareholder namely Maritime Commercial Joint Stock Bank (Maritime Bank).
* From June 14 to 22, Vietnam Export Import Commercial Joint Stock Bank (Eximbank-EIB) has lent 1.2 trillion dong at the lending interest rate of 7 percent per year for corporate borrowers from now till the end of this year, the local newspaper Thanh Nien reported on June 25, quoting Truong Van Phuoc, Eximbank’s general director as saying.